Steve Jennings (1 Viewer)

Sterling Archer

Been really impressed with him recently and seems somewhat of an unsung hero amongst our fas and these boards, he deserves more plaudits. Breaks up opposition attacks, gets stuck in and doesn't let the opposition midfield settle on the ball.

Long may his good form continue.

kg82

I agree completely. Was saying the same to my dad about Jennings AND Bailey.

torchomatic

Yep, I agree as well. Two really good players who do the dirty stuff without being flash.

kingharvest

Thought the middle 3 of them with moussa have played really well the past few weeks and have been a big part of our good form.

Ashdown1

Can't agree more, these two in centre mid are really beginning to click now, we have great shape about the team at the moment and a little arrogance. Things are looking up chaps !!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Moussa shown he has pace a couple of times today! Not seen that side of him before.

Jennings has taken time to settle in i think but seems to be finding his feet.

Like Baker, I didnt think Bailey was going to have the best of games but he soon got into the rhythm and again proves why we need to extend his loan!

covboy9

moussa is a very rare footballer very skilful and incredibly strong and fit, bailey looks like a nancy but plays like a man

wingy

Yep on song here ,knew he was'nt the dudd portayed ,but i think he needs to move the ball on quicker ,sometimes he takes a bit too long and risks getting sacked.I think generally his passing is excellent ,but today I was slightly less impressed ,you know they're all working so hard its difficult to get a cigarette paper between all of them .
we started slowly and edgy today for 20 mins yet still should have had 3 goals before they scored,the closing down work is so organised and consistently swift its a pleasure to see,even Mcsheff seems to be on Turbo and totally reborn. Rant over.:)

kingharvest

Weren't it great to forget about the crap off the pitch and enjoy the football! Mind you I was gutted about the fifth cause I had 4-1 and Christie to score last. Nearly crying when baker scored!!!

BigadamL

In the Real Madrid team with figo, zidane, raul the manager at the time always said the post important player was makaelle I think that's how you spell it. But he never got noticed. Very much like alonso now.

kingharvest

Yep, if you play that system with a holder, he's absolutely critical to your success. He'll break up play and start moves. He nicks the ball when teams are committed and open

SkyBlue_Bear83

He was excellent today and vs Pompy, hadn't been much impressed with him before. I think he is looking a lot better on the ball than he was previously early season

PVA

Thought Jennings looked knackered at the end but Bailey just kept going and going.

Baginton

I dont see a lot of Jennings during the match, the odd good tackle, Baileys is a cracking player, great vision, and passes fit for higher leagues.

I feel we are still missing a couple of decent midfilders, a left winger and a central man.

I'd also like us to have two proper front men, so we can hit the ground running when McGoldrick does one in January, i'm worried theyll all be ring rusty :thinking about:

Astute

So a few are agreeing with my lad about Jennings at last....even down to a lot of fans not noticing all the work he puts in :)

wingy

I dont see a lot of Jennings during the match, the odd good tackle, Baileys is a cracking player, great vision, and passes fit for higher leagues.

I feel we are still missing a couple of decent midfilders, a left winger and a central man.

I'd also like us to have two proper front men, so we can hit the ground running when McGoldrick does one in January, i'm worried theyll all be ring rusty :thinking about:

Would'nt really be a bad idea to loan Cody out,to sharpen up if needed ,probably too late window closed whatever, is'nt going to feature anyway it seems ,more likely whatever DMCG does will dictate fresh input.

Users who are viewing this thread