steve coppell (1 Viewer)

CW6

Come in on the betting at evens on stan James!

JulianDarbyFTW

As much as I like Steve Coppell he has a bit of a reputation for walking out. How long did he last at Man City? A few days. Bristol City? A few weeks. It'd be a risk, as we could find ourselves looking again very soon.

WillieStanley

As much as I like Steve Coppell he has a bit of a reputation for walking out. How long did he last at Man City? A few days. Bristol City? A few weeks. It'd be a risk, as we could find ourselves looking again very soon.

I echo that. If we are truly after long term stability in a manager... He's not the man.

ccfcdale

Surely though it would be a gamle worth taking even if its for the remainder of the season...

scroobiustom

Anyone know why it says Junior Sky blue on my profile? Its annoying.....

Because in the coaching teams opinion your not quite ready for the first team yet....

CovLis86

I'd bite his hands off. He would be a great appointment and a real statement. But if he's looking to get back into management, swindon must seem a more enticing prospect, and with more money no doubt.

scroobiustom

Coppell is extremely volatile and is prone to erupt at anything he considers involvement in his team - most recent David James at Bristol City

That considered Swindon would be a very short stint, but how would our board deal with no on field matters? is that Ken's legacy after all...

I dont think he would come here. He's been out fo work for years, and after a long break, you wouldnt want to face the biggest challenge of your career. Top class manager, would love him here, but its not likely

Also he is Director of Football a Crawley Town, so we might have to pay compo, which we wouldnt be able to do, cus the clubs accounts are frozen and SISU wont part with their own cash when they can bring someone like Curle or Brown in for free

Chipfat

Sousa is someone that may do a decent job and seems to be sticking around the betting, im pretty sure whoever comes in the club will insist Carsley stick around in some capacity and rightly so.

mattylad

Steve Coppell, lovely bloke, good manager, scouser and would get on with Baker as captain but (and its a big one) does not do pressure well. Tends to stress out totally and then either errupt in the press or just walks away.

That said if he comes in he will fit the ethos of the way the fans like the team to play and would I believe be warmly greeted. Maybe an 18 month appointment and let him work with Carsley as his number 2

SkyBlue_Bear83

He has lost his desire and hunger for the game, no thanks. He'd be the equivalent of signing a veteran player looking for one last pay day imo

torchomatic

Another quitter. No thanks.

No thanks.. usually does one when things arent going well.. hes a bit old school and hardly set the world on fire in his last appointments.. always found him very droll and boring... not sure he's the inspiration we are looking for..

grego_gee

Steve Coppell does seem to be uniquely qualified for the job!
Apparently he has a degree in. ?....

Economic history!

Couldn't be more appropriate!
:pimp:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread