Sterling (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

“They are both carrying knocks so it made the decision for me.

“Sterling has got a back spasm and Ogogo has got a bit of fatigue in the hamstring.

“That maybe the spasm you get when you are left out of the team. No, but in all seriousness, Ogogo’s hamstring is tight and I have to take that information from the players and act on it.

Hmm..doesn’t sound too convinced on Sterling

Winny the Bish

Back at Chelsea for treatment. They have state of art medical facilities we use a witch doctor and St John's ambulance. I jest of course.
This is it. Even when John Terry signed permanently for the Villa, he'd still go back to Chelsea's training ground once a week to use their cryotherapy and recovery stuff.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I've been sub contracted in places and had to wear their t shirt while I go in and then change after I leave.

Aha, I thought I had seen you around...

giphy.gif

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Who cares ...lets hope its true because so far hes not looked too good

Well clearly I Care other wise I wouldn’t have asked :)

It’s one thing questioning another persons professionalism but another to state your feelings publicly. I get that Robins will have his reasons for saying it publicly, where ever it was said, but this won’t help the lad develop.

Players have already said what a great people person Robins is, but I do sense an element of him having his favourites and if you don’t agree with him or he takes a dislike to you, there is no coming back from it. If there has been a falling out then he might aswell just end the loan now!

Warwickhunt

Well clearly I Care other wise I wouldn’t have asked :)

It’s one thing questioning another persons professionalism but another to state your feelings publicly. I get that Robins will have his reasons for saying it publicly, where ever it was said, but this won’t help the lad develop.

Players have already said what a great people person Robins is, but I do sense an element of him having his favourites and if you don’t agree with him or he takes a dislike to you, there is no coming back from it. If there has been a falling out then he might aswell just end the loan now!
the Duck (Nazon) springs to mind regarding MR he openly had a go at him and i presume he did very little to try and persuade him to extend his loan spell, if he had managed to keep him for the season we would have gone up automatically as he would have scored at least another 7 goals by the end of the campaign

Warwickhunt

you cannot have hope of bringing todays youngsters on, as they all have attitude and rebel against it rather than take the critism on board. Very rare to get a youngster like Micheal Owen nowadays

No1SkyBlueFan

Sterling at Chelsea again today having banter with David Luiz. I personally think we have ended his loan and it's just not been announced yet by the club

better days

you cannot have hope of bringing todays youngsters on, as they all have attitude and rebel against it rather than take the critism on board. Very rare to get a youngster like Micheal Owen nowadays
I think that's a bit unfair
Some of the premier league youngsters who have too much too soon have a bad attitude but many don't
At our level the kids are on such small contracts that it's less likely it will go to their heads
There are exceptions of course
I've heard that Reise Allassanni is a good lad even though he was seen as the next big thing at Palace until glandular fever and then an ACL injury knocked him back
He's worked hard to get back and is a good example to other youngsters released by premier league clubs

Warwickhunt

I think that's a bit unfair
Some of the premier league youngsters who have too much too soon have a bad attitude but many don't
At our level the kids are on such small contracts that it's less likely it will go to their heads
There are exceptions of course
I've heard that Reise Allassanni is a good lad even though he was seen as the next big thing at Palace until glandular fever and then an ACL injury knocked him back
He's worked hard to get back and is a good example to other youngsters released by premier league clubs
Point Taken but only going from my experiences!

Otis

Sterling at Chelsea again today having banter with David Luiz. I personally think we have ended his loan and it's just not been announced yet by the club
Why did he post he was hoping for 3 points today (Saturday) when we played Gillingham then?

Chelsea weren't playing that day.

better days

Why did he post he was hoping for 3 points today (Saturday) when we played Gillingham then?

Chelsea weren't playing that day.
Possibly building bridges Otis
Robins comments after the game explaining his absence probably gives a pointer

better days

Don't forget the players usually have Wednesday off so unless an injured player is in for treatment they can do what they like
If he's genuinely injured he would normally go to Chelsea for treatment

Mucca Mad Boys

the Duck (Nazon) springs to mind regarding MR he openly had a go at him and i presume he did very little to try and persuade him to extend his loan spell, if he had managed to keep him for the season we would have gone up automatically as he would have scored at least another 7 goals by the end of the campaign

I don’t think so. McNulty was just starting his goal glut. Nazon and McNulty couldn’t play together, and for all his faults, the common denominator is Biamou when accounting for Nazon and McNulty’s success upfront. However, that isn’t to say that they only did that well because of Biamou.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I would still play him instead of Grimmer,his defending has been no worse than Grimmers, and he will improve,Grimmer has proved he won’t.
Completely agree. While Sterling has looked extremely timid with the ball and going forward (which is the thing I thought he would be great at), he has been defensively pretty sound which can't be said for Grimmer.

Users who are viewing this thread