Steps removed. SISU and CCFC. (1 Viewer)

Corrado

It winds me the fuck up how the CT can print a headline then in the 2nd paragraph completely contradict it!

CRFC chairman Jon Sharp has repeated his previous stance that the prospect of a ground share with the Sky Blues is not on the cards

ajsccfc

Oh yeah, that's a bit weird. We cannot deal with them, but you can buy tickets to see them at ours if you like

Gosford Green

Something is going on in the background... Agendas are firing up.

If they were the same, CCFC wouldn't have a ticket office and offices at the Butts would they if he can't deal with SISU?

Yes Coventry City are leaving Coventry (again) and all parties are getting there PR in.

Nick

Administrator
Renting an office is a bit different to sharing a ground

He seems pretty sure he won't deal with SISU, end of.

Seems strange though, as there's no issue with sharing offices with "them".

I'd say this was being spun to make people try and see SISU and CCFC the same. Strange though, as you started posting again last week to try and do the same thing.

ajsccfc

I think we're going to keep chugging along with the same old same old, personally. Short term agreements at the Ricoh, speculation in the last year of each deal, new deal agreed. Carl Baker comes back three times, Gary McSheffrey next manager

Gosford Green

I'd say this was being spun to make people try and see SISU and CCFC the same. Strange though, as you started posting again last week to try and do the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Despite facts that spell things out quite to the opposite you clearly see it all through sky blue goggles, that is your opinion and I sort of respect and envy that in a way. Sadly Wasps and Cov Rugby do not see the club and SISU as separate and they are the people that matter.

Nick

Administrator

I'd say this was being spun to make people try and see SISU and CCFC the same. Strange though, as you started posting again last week to try and do the same thing.[

Despite facts that spell things out quite to the opposite you clearly see it all through sky blue goggles, that is your opinion and I sort of respect and envy that in a way. Sadly Wasps and Cov Rugby do not see the club and SISU as separate and they are the people that matter.

It's nothing to do with sky blue glasses, it's pointing out that him saying categorically he can't work with SISU but if he thinks they are the same as CCFC he is sharing an office with the very same people and also a ticket office. He also didn't seem to have an issue with "SISU" sending out emails to it's "fans" to promote an event for him?

People will push hard for others to see CCFC as SISU, that way it justifies protests etc aimed at CCFC because people think it is SISU they are shouting at.

It's happened so often it's quite predictable. Gilbert has also tried to push that line a fair bit too.

I said last week something was bubbling away, it's getting more and more obvious when something is about to happen or some news is about to come out because the ground work starts just before ;)

Samo

Of course they are not separate, they are the owners! At some point they will be separate but unfortunately the club will probably be dead by then.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Look, legally SISU and Otium trading as CCFC are not the same entity. It is a matter of fact

However it is also very clear that SISU as "owners" exercise the significant control over Otium and therefore CCFC.

SISU do not make all the day to day operational decisions. However SISU sign off the budget, approve managers, approve the major contracts (even if signed by an Otium director), approve any ground deal etc. SISU deal with all matters strategic and structural for Otium/CCFC. What SISU do not do is get involved in the stationery order or the running of match day but they monitor the numbers same as any other owner.

As it stands Otium/CCFC can not make significant plans/decisions without the close involvement of SISU & ARVO, it is also most unlikely that Otium/CCFC could raise any external finance for any significant plans in any case without SISU/ARVO. Things like ground share deals, rent deals, property sales, new sites all fall under strategic or structural decisions. In which case Jon Sharpe is quite right to view dealing with Otium/CCFC as dealing with SISU. As it stands no BPA deal could be done with Otium/CCFC without the close involvement of Seppala

There is in my mind no conflict with CRFC renting some office space to CCFC on a short term & minimal level and CRFC not dealing with SISU. The ticket office is an operational matter at very little cost, it has no long term commitment attached. It is not a strategic decision taken by Otium or CRFC or needing to be taken by SISU

Last edited:

RFC

If they were the same, CCFC wouldn't have a ticket office and offices at the Butts would they if he can't deal with SISU?

The penny still hasn't dropped for some!

Reactions: vow

Gosford Green

It's nothing to do with sky blue glasses, it's pointing out that him saying categorically he can't work with SISU but if he thinks they are the same as CCFC he is sharing an office with the very same people and also a ticket office. He also didn't seem to have an issue with "SISU" sending out emails to it's "fans" to promote an event for him?

People will push hard for others to see CCFC as SISU, that way it justifies protests etc aimed at CCFC because people think it is SISU they are shouting at.

It's happened so often it's quite predictable. Gilbert has also tried to push that line a fair bit too.

I said last week something was bubbling away, it's getting more and more obvious when something is about to happen or some news is about to come out because the ground work starts just before ;)

Nick. CCFC will not be allowed to enter into any deal with Cov rugby while the football club is owned by SISU.

Nick

Administrator
Look, legally SISU and Otium trading as CCFC are not the same entity. It is a matter of fact

However it is also very clear that SISU as "owners" exercise the significant control over Otium and therefore CCFC. SISU do not make all the day to day operational decisions. However SISU sign off the budget, approve managers, approve the major contracts (even if signed by an Otium director), approve any ground deal etc. SISU deal with all matters strategic and structural for Otium/CCFC. What SISU do not do is get involved in the stationery order or the running of match day but they monitor the numbers same as any other owner. As it stands Otium/CCFC can not make significant plans/decisions without the close involvement of SISU & ARVO, it is also most unlikely that Otium/CCFC could raise any external finance for any significant plans in any case without SISU/ARVO. Things like ground share deals, rent deals, property sales, new sites all fall under strategic or structural decisions. In which case Jon Sharpe is quite right to view dealing with Otium/CCFC as dealing with SISU

There is in my mind no conflict with CRFC renting some office space to CCFC on a short term & minimal level and CRFC not dealing with SISU. The ticket office is an operational matter at very little cost. It is not a strategic decision taken by Otium or CRFC or needing to be taken by SISU

Yep, if there was going to be a multi million stadium build then it would need the "owners" input as it would probably need funding as well. Unless of course Boddy and Fisher went on a Jolly Boys outing and managed to find an amazing deal somehow.

I have a feeling Jon Sharpe may have been quoted out of context or the full answer / question isn't there, that reads as if he sees CCFC as SISU which quite clearly he doesn't as he can work with CCFC at the level of I assume Fisher / Boddy to get things like Ticket Office, Office Space, Events etc sorted.

There's no doubt when it gets to Joy and Dermot's level he doesn't want to get involved.

People for some reason want to make out that CCFC is SISU, it clearly isn't. They want to be able to merge the 2 to justify things against CCFC rather than SISU and cloud things there. Nobody questions the ownership structure etc, but it still remains that CCFC is not SISU.

chiefdave

it's getting more and more obvious when something is about to happen or some news is about to come out because the ground work starts just before
Its almost comical how obvious it is now when something is brewing. Despite that however it just needs the usual suspects to shout 'SISU' and anything anybody else does to the football club is ignored.

Don't think it will be coincidence this is all starting up again when there could be pressure on Wasps to speak to the club about staying at the Ricoh. From what we are told by them, via the Telegraph, their stance is still a refusal to speak to the club yet we only have an agreement to play there until the end of the year.

Moff

I think we're going to keep chugging along with the same old same old, personally. Short term agreements at the Ricoh, speculation in the last year of each deal, new deal agreed. Carl Baker comes back three times, Gary McSheffrey next manager

Yes all true, but when will Julian Gray be leaving?

chiefdave

I have a feeling Jon Sharpe may have been quoted out of context or the full answer / question isn't there, that reads as if he sees CCFC as SISU which quite clearly he doesn't as he can work with CCFC at the level of I assume Fisher / Boddy to get things like Ticket Office, Office Space, Events etc sorted.
He's always appeared to me to very deliberately choose his words, this isn't in line with that and without the full context its hard to read much in to it. As you say he's happy to work with the club on other things.

Nick

Administrator
Its almost comical how obvious it is now when something is brewing. Despite that however it just needs the usual suspects to shout 'SISU' and anything anybody else does to the football club is ignored.

That's why it's pushed to view CCFC as SISU. That way people don't see it as against CCFC, they see it as against SISU. That way if something happens which is bad against CCFC people see it as being bad against SISU so it's great.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Don't think it will be coincidence this is all starting up again when there could be pressure on Wasps to speak to the club about staying at the Ricoh. From what we are told by them, via the Telegraph, their stance is still a refusal to speak to the club yet we only have an agreement to play there until the end of the year.
Why because of one article in the telegraph?

Nick

Administrator
So how do you know he didn't deliberately choose his words here?

Because they contradict other things he has said and done when used in that context.

You made a thread with just that line to push the "CCFC are SISU" thing, he seems to manage to work fine with CCFC. That was the one line you took away from that to start a thread from, that was another line used to start this thread. It seems there's a lot of attention on that bit.....

dongonzalos

Do you think he means he can't work with SISU on developing the Butts?

Reading between the lines I think he is saying he needs a relationship with the council more than he does with SISU in order to get it done.

i.e. SISU are suing the council. SISU currently own CCFC.
The stadium development won't happen without help from the council (above and beyond what's expected) . If it's a joint venture with SISU that additional help won't be forthcoming.

We can only hope SISU ditch the pointless legal action.

However still not happy with 12k personally.
It may be suitable today but SISU won't be here forever.

This article is an update to say nothing's changed, by the looks of it

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Perhaps he's now realised that's the case or he's suddenly become one of the people who are stupid ignorant and anti CDC take your pick. Obviously doesn't agree with you

Obviously he does, as CCFC have a ticket office there and he shares offices with CCFC staff so he obviously does see some difference.

I'd stick with the out of context, bits missing ;)

If people see want to see CCFC as SISU, why on earth are they going to games and cheering them on? Why do they go to away games only and cheer CCFC on? Why do they go to Wembley and cheer CCFC on?

Users who are viewing this thread