Stephen O Hallran joins Nuneaton (1 Viewer)

Stevec189

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19154594?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So is it a fitness thing or something else? Certainly a rapid decline in fortunes for the young man.

PUSB

Grendel

Wonder who scouted him?

stupot07

To be honest he had injury problems at the villa, with us and at Carlisle...pro clubs are probably reluctant to take a gamble on him at the moment

Grendel

Stevec189

Why should ccfctommy answer the question Grendal? You didn't! I asked if he was injury prone or if there was another problem not who scouted him!

pusbccfc

Feel sorry for a pro player to be dropped down that low.
Financially unlucky for his family!

ccfctommy

Why because you can't or don't want to answer the question?

OK i'll humour you. Perhaps it was Thorn, perhaps it wasn't. Perhaps Bothroyd, the manager, wanted to sign him!

You don't like Thorn, I get it. Im not a massive fan of his either, but do you have to harp on about it all the time?

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Garbage player, his level!

Marty

Feel sorry for a pro player to be dropped down that low.
Financially unlucky for his family!

I don't, most of us don't even have the chance at doing our dream job, unless he's pissed all his money up the wall then again hes been given a better start to adult life then most of us here.

PVA

Far too good for Non league. He will get some games and fitness under his belt and probably end up in L1, I think that's about his level.

Grendel

OK i'll humour you. Perhaps it was Thorn, perhaps it wasn't. Perhaps Bothroyd, the manager, wanted to sign him!

You don't like Thorn, I get it. Im not a massive fan of his either, but do you have to harp on about it all the time?

I don't dislike thorn. Emotions do not cone into it. Managers are merely vessels through which you hope the team you support achieves success. With this manager I believe failure to be a more likely outcome.

I make the scouting of this player comment to put a sense of perspective on the Great Scout debate. He clearly is a genius to some as he signed 2 players from Walsall before he started. He scouted the hidden talent of Westwoof the League One goalkeeper of the season. He had to be Sherlock Holmes to unearth that gem.

The fact as far as I see it is he admits in public to scouting 2 players - Bell and Mcpake. The quotes are there. Does anyone have any concrete evidence as to who else he discovered?

brinner

I remember Boothroyd sayin he had watched him a fair few times when he signed so from that id say he was a boothroyd signing.

was nowhere near the standard of danny fox who thorn scouted. :D

Astute

I have been waiting for Duffy to blame AT for losing our 1st team before the start of last season as they all left after AT became manager :D

What makes me laugh the most is at the end of last season when SISU admitted it was their fault we got relegated, but Duffy still says it was AT that sent us down.

Users who are viewing this thread