Stephen Elliot v Shrewsbury (1 Viewer)

Savonumber1

How we didnt score today is beyond me, Mcsheffrey was being to clever trying to chip it in instead of being clinical. Clarke was unlucky not to find the net

However.

The only moan I really have is why he didnt play Elliot today, scored two good goals last week at MK dons, hungry to carry on and dropped for a lad that is off back to Forest tomorrow.

Otis

If he had played then no doubt people would be moaning about Mcgoldrick being left out

Exactly.

It was a no brainer. You play the league's top goalscorer. That has to come ahead of a bloke who scored two, but just played just the one game for quite a while.

Case for bringing Elliot on though as the game wore on.

Grendel

The only case for Elliot was in 6 minutes of football last week. Take that away and he has been very poor.

Sub

perhaps he is not completely match fit or was carrying a knock thats why goldie was brought back in :thinking about::thinking about:

kirby485

couple of reasons, Mcgoldrick is top scorer, who only missed MK because he was banned. Elliot still coming back to fitness, it's a lot to ask someone who hasn't played to put a shift in for 2 games in 4 days. Be interesting to see what happens if DMG doesn't come back, I see Clarke as more of a target man than Mcgoldrick, less likely to come deep, lay off then hit the box, but we shall see, all about giving new players time to settle.

skybluegod

Goldie and sheffers were awful today. Both should have been taken off instead of taking off fleck moussa and Jennings. Should have brought on Elliot for sheffers with 20 mins to go.

stupot07

Goldie and sheffers were awful today. Both should have been taken off instead of taking off fleck moussa and Jennings. Should have brought on Elliot for sheffers with 20 mins to go.

I'm sorry but you are being blinded by that miss, sheffers was by far our best attacking player today by a country mile. Not just the couple of decent shots he had but the string of crosses he put in and the inter play with Adams for a couple of his chances.

Otis

Sheff was excellent first half. Clear MOTM. By a country mile.

He faded second half somewhat, but he wasn't poor by a long chalk.

Users who are viewing this thread