statues (1 Viewer)

lacesoutdom

just listening to the "Championship Terrace Talk" on youtube where theyre talking about how well MR has done etc, would you like to see a MR statue? would it/could it/should it be while hes still at cov?

skybluepm2

My favourite manager of all time, and I hope he’s with us for years to come. The way he’s galvanised the club and steered us through oceans of shite in 7 years should never be forgotten and one day I believe he will rightfully be commemorated with a statue.

I just don’t think it would be considered until way into the future or after he eventually leaves us (which I hope will be on good terms, ideally when he retires).

Has a manager ever had a statue previously whilst in post apart from Sir Alex Ferguson (which was to mark 25 years)? If he reaches a decade in charge and we are riding high in the Prem/Champions League it could be a possibility then 😎

Hobo

Grendel might commission one of him about to get into a taxi? 😆

SkyBlueMatt

Never while he's still here, I think that's a bit weird. His job isn't done.

When we get promoted to the PL and after we haven't won in 5, he's sacked after Grendel & his fanclub call him a taxi. 3 years later after he's been sacked and we're bottom half of the Championship. We'll have endless threads "Did we sack Robins too early?".

That's when he needs a Statue.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

skybluecam

FA Cup is more important though I heard?

Stop It And You GIF

Astute

Oh yes we need to win the Fuck All cup first even though it has been seriously devalued since we won it.

Much better than the 100m+ bounty for reaching the Prem eh? 🤔

skybluecam

Oh yes we need to win the Fuck All cup first even though it has been seriously devalued since we won it.

Much better than the 100m+ bounty for reaching the Prem eh? 🤔
You can't complain about it being devalued while devaluing it :ROFLMAO:

HadjiChippo

Even if he doesn’t get us back to the Prem he deserves a statue (getting back to the prem just means a bigger, more impressive statue 🤣).

Returned in the midst of our darkest times and saved us from a downward trajectory that looked like eventually falling out the football league under awful ownership, and turned us into one of the most exciting projects in English football whilst doing so.

I’ll be forever grateful for what he’s done the past few years. Had more fun supporting us the last 6 years than I had the first 20ish combined.

You can’t do it whilst still at the club though, looks absolutely tin pot.

Flying Fokker

He'll be inarguably our greatest manager of all time if gets us into the prem.
How does that work? Hill in the 60’s did that already. Hill was the Chairman.

He’s well on the way to that accolade and may well reach it of course.

So Hill/Robins ahead of Sillet and Curtis for me.

PS. Derby fans wanted one for Wayne Rooney….

bigfatronssba

He should obviously have a statue. The man has literally saved Coventry City. I honestly believe we would've ended up non league if he hadn't joined back in 2017.

However he absolutely shouldn't have a statue whilst he is still manager. Praise in the form of a statue should only be after his work is complete.

Astute

You can't complain about it being devalued while devaluing it :ROFLMAO:
When we won the FA cup it was taken seriously by all sides. No youth teams put out. But it could also be won by many sides. It was before Sky ruined football. Replays? Sometimes they just kept going. Wembley? You had to make it to the final. A draw in the final? Let's have a replay 😂

So how have I devalued it? Stating that promotion to the Prem would be worth 100m+?

What I find funny is a lot of those who would prefer to win the cup over promotion because it would look better on our trophy record whilst stating that when we won it before isn't as good because they didn't witness it. I was born in the late 60's. I haven't seen us get promotion into the top flight. It's only in recent years where I witnessed our first top 6 finish.

Record books? I think it would look more impressive going from the bottom division to the top division in not many years than just having a cup win although it would be considered a bit of a shock as we're not even a top Championship side.

Astute

How does that work? Hill in the 60’s did that already. Hill was the Chairman.

He’s well on the way to that accolade and may well reach it of course.

So Hill/Robins ahead of Sillet and Curtis for me.

PS. Derby fans wanted one for Wayne Rooney….
Do you mean Hill/Robins from the 60's?

Derrick Robins was our rich chairman when Hill got us promoted from the 3rd division to the 1st division then resigned for media work IIRC.

The modern day Robins has done it without a pot to piss in. If he gets us to the top flight it will certainly be better than what Hill did although it was a massive achievement.

Hobo

If a lot of fans had their way, .around the stadium would look like an outdoor Madame Tussauds. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread