Statues of George and John (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Otside the transport museum in that massive paved area

Same as Broadgate that it’s got a statue already so was thinking of places that don’t but that works too.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If it’s it town I’d go for Broadgate, that’s where everyone gathered the day after the cup final

Already has the Godiva statue and I think it's better with just that.

Would prefer it to be near the stadium as it has better context there.

Grendel

Already has the Godiva statue and I think it's better with just that.

Would prefer it to be near the stadium as it has better context there.

it might not have much context in a few years

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm wondering whether there could be a cheaper but effective option in having a bronzed 3D pressing of them both with the cup up on the outside walls, this could also be easily moved if the club should ever move to a new stadium. Just a thought if the funds required for a statue are prohibitive.

I have in the past suggested a Mt Rushmore-esque relief of Hill, Sillett, Curtis and Storer but think we'd need to leave expansion space for MR.

Apart from the fact is may well be cheaper than a full statue it also wouldn't take up floor space, potentially being a bit of an obstruction and also puts it more out of the way of potential damage or vandalism.

MAFF

sell walker, build the statue. problem solved.

[insert some joke about more movement from george and john statues etc etc.]

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
There's a statue of Brian Clough in King Street, in the middle of Nottingham city centre. Nowhere near the City Ground. Brian Clough Nottingham.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread