Statto (1 Viewer)

Gosb

A few statistics at the end of a very satisfactory season

In only 5 of our games was the difference between the two teams greater than 2 goals (1 win, 4 defeats)
The only draws we had were 0-0 (7) and 1-1 (6)
We took 10 out of 36 points off the top 6 and 13 out of 18 off the bottom 3
After a difficult start (9 points from 12 games) our run rate would have had us in the top half of the table
6 of our players scored 3 goals each - try naming them before looking them up

Roll on next season

rob9872

Tbh we were learning as we went along. Even just the same squad next year I reckon is worth +5 points and if we were only average on own goals, penalties, sending offs not to mention basic errors or woodwork, I'd say we're worth another 5-10 points. That tells me a couple of quality loan additions (probably GK & striker) could comfortably attain a top half finish.

rob9872

* and excessive injuries too or certainly felt like that.

oscillatewildly

In only 5 of our games was the difference between the two teams greater than 2 goals (1 win, 4 defeats)
After a difficult start (9 points from 12 games) our run rate would have had us in the top half of the table

Roll on next season
Just 6 scored 3? (or more)
I'm guessing: Godden, Walker, Max, Shippers, O'hare and Mcfadz.

Frostie

How many times did we hit the woodwork in the end ? Last time I heard it was in the 20s.

I think it's still 17.
Some say 20+ but they're obviously using a different definition to the standard. i.e. They count Kelly's volley v Rotherham where really that should just be a shot on target as it was saved on to the woodwork by the goalkeeper.

When I get chance I'll post some final season stats analysis for discussion.

Seamus1

James, Shipley, Gyokeres, O’Hare, McFadzean (o.g not included), Kelly (?) are my guesses for the players who scored 3 goals

Godden, Walker, Hamer and Biamou scored more than 3

Frostie

James, Shipley, Gyokeres, O’Hare, McFadzean (o.g not included), Kelly (?) are my guesses for the players who scored 3 goals

Godden, Walker, Hamer and Biamou scored more than 3

Off top of my head I think Kelly & Fadz only got 2 each. Hyam definitely got 3 & agree on your others.

Is it definitely 6 @Gosb ? 🤔

LilleSkyBlue

Roll on next season

I got Gyokeres, Shipley, O'Hare, Hyam and James fairly pronto but can't find the sixth, unless you're including own goals scored for the opposition (McFadzean would then count) or Ostigard with his disputed effort against Rotherham (eventually counted as an own goal).

Maybe the 3 own goals scored in our favour (I had to look that up)?

covcity4life

I got Gyokeres, Shipley, O'Hare, Hyam and James fairly pronto but can't find the sixth, unless you're including own goals scored for the opposition (McFadzean would then count) or Ostigard with his disputed effort against Rotherham (eventually counted as an own goal).

Mcallum? Hamer?

SlowerThanPlatt

Yeah, I think he’s counted Ostigard as 3, it was awarded to him at first but later went down as a Michael Smith OG.

Fergusons_Beard

Saw that, odd.. I'm not sure which xG model he uses as most still have us pretty comfortable:

View attachment 20039

First table based on purely our XG (expected goals) throughout season while Ben’s Table above based on who had the best XG every fixture.

Much more accurate picture of who should have won but considering the XG on Satdee was 2.7 and we scored 6 goals as someone has said already fucking good job it’s based on G!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frostie

First table based on purely our XG (expected goals) throughout season while Ben’s Table above based on who had the best XG every fixture.

Much more accurate picture of who should have won but considering the XG on Satdee was 2.7 and we scored 6 goals as someone has said already fucking good job it’s based on G!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah single game xG & particularly single shot xG are not a good measure, too many variables with game context etc. over too short a time.
The whole point of an xG model is to reflect data trends so the bigger the dataset the better.

Users who are viewing this thread