Stats from the four games (1 Viewer)

crewejon

I posted this on one of the Crewe forums and thought you might also like to see. Make of it what you will, courtesy of BBC. Hope you manage to get your non-footballing issues sorted sooner rather than later. See you next season.

stats1.JPG

ohitsaidwalker king power

Thanks for your view crewejon.. statistics are notoriously unreliable.. lies, damn lies and then....
That said the only stat that matters is.. you've won 3 we've won 1.. you're going to Wembley- we are not :(...sadly I don't think either of us will get to the play-offs this season.. :( enjoy your day in the big city. See you next year when sporting rivalry's will recommence.

Waycov

I find it very hard to believe that Crewe have had 46 shots in the 4 games. I take it most of them were in the first meeting between the 2. They must be counting throw ins as shots.

Otis

It's a load of bull..

Today

Shots:

Cov 18, Crewe 9

Corners:

Cov 6, Crewe 3

2nd leg of JPT

Shots:

Cov 14, Crewe 6.

Corners:

Cov 7 Crewe 7

1st leg of JPT

Shots:

Cov 25, Crewe 7

Corners

Cov 15, Crewe 3

League game at Gresty Road

Shots:

Cov 6, Crewe 10

Corners:

Cov 0, Crewe 8

Totals:

Shots:

Cov 67 Crewe 28

Corners:

Cov 28, Crewe 21

Funny. I just took the time to look at the BBC stats for all 4 games this season and here are the results

Crewe Cov Stats.jpg

In every game we played you we haven't played at our best, (except the JPT first leg which was a freak result) yet we still didn't deserve to lose any. That's football. You got very lucky and took rare chances. We didn't. But no need to lie about stats.

Otis

Lies!

He has Crewe as having 25 shots at the Ricoh where it was Cov who had the 25 shots.

It has since been confirmed by the Beeb that it was actually 29 and not 25 anyway!

Crewe only had 7 so your stats are a crock!

Otis

As already stated!

We all know that we dominated Crewe but that our finishing wasn't up to scratch.

Same today.

Two great saves by their keeper, hit the post and one cleared off the line.

crewejon

Otis you're right!

Lies and damned lies - I should have clocked there was no way we had 25 shots at your place in the JPT when you battered us for the best part of 90 minutes.

Attached is a corrected table.

Attachments

• stats2.JPG
    stats2.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 24

crewejon

It was an innocent mistake I'm afraid there wouldn't really be much point in lying when the stats are available for all to see and check.

As for me being stupid well you really don't want to know what I do for a living!

Since you feel the need to abuse here are some more stats:

And yes I realise I've misspelt Wembley - comes with being stupid.

Capture1.JPG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4439

Crewejon, you beep, like a number of others here, have just spent 10 mins checking on your stats! Didn't see the league game at Gresty: but as far as the other 3 games go, we have proof that stats do lie - Crewe doninated in each game through their relative poise and control.

It was an innocent mistake I'm afraid there wouldn't really be much point in lying when the stats are available for all to see and check.

As for me being stupid well you really don't want to know what I do for a living!

Since you feel the need to abuse here are some more stats:

And yes I realise I've misspelt Wembley - comes with being stupid.

View attachment 1777

You've redeemed yourself, it shouldn't have but that actually made me laugh.

crewejon

Every club has it's numptys but I don't put myself in that category. I do hope that you sort out your off-field issues. I wonder what the odds are for Crewe & Coventry both getting into the play-offs?

hill83

Every club has it's numptys but I don't put myself in that category. I do hope that you sort out your off-field issues. I wonder what the odds are for Crewe & Coventry both getting into the play-offs?

Well you've come across as a bit of a numpty in this thread fella. Not the incorrect stats, but the manager and stadium jibe.

wingy

I don't think the Refereeing stats are that insignificant either ,had very much the benefit of decisions over these 3 games today included when you're bloke should have had the red card.

crewejon

Your guy started it.....;)

Just a bit of banter - no insults, no bad language and I did say (twice) on this thread that I hope you sort out your off field issues. No need to be so sensitive.

Anyway that's me and this forum done - unless we do happen to meet in the play-offs. Enjoy the rest of your season.

crewejon

I don't think the Refereeing stats are that insignificant either ,had very much the benefit of decisions over these 3 games today included when you're bloke should have had the red card.

Posts must have crossed. I didn't see todays game I had it on the radio though. I didn't hear them mention one of our players getting a near red. They did say one of yours was lucky not to get a second yellow. I wasn't there so can't comment beyond that.

We've certainly had our fair share of luck in some games (not least the JPT first leg). We've also had no less than three non penalties against us vs Bournemouth. Maybe it does even out over a season or two.

One of the annoying factors that has come to light in the past couple of weeks is the FA like to send their novice refs to Crewe because we don't concede many fouls so they have fewer decisions to make. The standard of refs I've seen this season has generally been poor - but it's a hard job and I wouldn't like to do it.

hill83

Your guy started it.....;)

Just a bit of banter - no insults, no bad language and I did say (twice) on this thread that I hope you sort out your off field issues. No need to be so sensitive.

Anyway that's me and this forum done - unless we do happen to meet in the play-offs. Enjoy the rest of your season.

No sensitivity, just pointing out you come across as the exact thing you state you aren't.

Users who are viewing this thread