Statement against the Council and ACL (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Very unlikely. All of the spelling is correct, it is not ungrammatical and the points are sequential and logical building up to a conclusion. Unless his Mum wrote it for him it's someone else.

I have to ask Mr Trench what is your sisu social club membership number? I am number 3.

James Smith

It'll prove a controversial article for some.

From my point of view, I agree with some of it. People seem to 'overlook' the fact that whilst we were signing stars in the later Premiership Years, we didn't have enough money to cover the singings/wages. Richardson is as much to blame for our current situation as SISU, CCC and ACL. Despite the fact we loved the likes of the Moroccans coming in, Robbie Keane knocking them in, Dion and Hucks running riot etc, had we been more business savvy at the time, SISU would never have needed to come in and 'rescue' us. So I agree with that point.

The points about CCC and ACL milking the club dry...I think that's a bit OTT but could be viewed as correct by some. On the flip side, the article doesn't mention the Due Dilligence carried out by SISU and the fact that if it was actually carried out, it must have been carried out over a few beers in the local Wetherspoons, an hour before kicking out time.

The main point I agree with on here though is the bit about 'SISU Out - but what's the alternatives'. I would love a new Sheik to come in and pour millions into the club without expecting any return, a la Sheik Mansour or Roman Abramovich. The truth is, there's nobody queuing up to buy us. I would love SISU to fork off...however, I think they might be here for a while yet and if a deal can be sorted surrounding the Ricoh, the club will be run in a much more financially stable manner than in Richardsons eras.

Just my opinion anyway....

WM

I agree about Richardson and if one of the rumours I heard are true from that era, the board were one of the last to know about us signing players and that the manager was also sometimes in the dark. Sisu must have known that the club was a basket case when they bought in, it was hardly a secret was it.

We sold our share in ACL and we should have bought it back when we had the money. I thought that hedge fund people were supposed to be financial wizards and very smart which is why I was keen on them coming in.

What I'd ideally like to see is a situation where we have owners who have an interest in football (which would be a start) and possibly a love for our club. Then having reunited ACL with the club don't have to continue to fund. ACL would be doing well enough to be able to support the club and the club helping increase footfall at the Ricoh.

italiahorse

I think their point is you don't need to announce it every other day.

That CCFC fans are giving up the fight ?
It's happening !!

Personally, I'm telling SISU that their actions are making me consider giving up in the slight hope that I will make a difference. I'm assuming they are monitoring these boards.
Instead myself and other individuals are berated by a few mindless individuals that effectively null this process.

Last edited:

Grendel

It's happening !!

Personally, I'm telling SISU that their actions are making me consider giving up in the slight hope that I will make a difference. I'm assuming they are monitoring these boards.
Instead myself and other individuals are berated by a few mindless individuals that effectively null this process.

If they are monitoring these boards they would just think you are an attention seeking nobody as you come out with this boring shit week after week.

Nick

Administrator
It's happening !!

Berated where? Have you read spionkops posts?

italiahorse

If they are monitoring these boards they would just think you are an attention seeking nobody as you come out with this boring shit week after week.

... I speak for a lot of people. You speak for no one.
Attention seeking yes, but not of you. If you want an attention seeker review the content and quantity of your posts. To be honest I have no idea what you have actually said other than insulting fellow fans.

skybluetony176

Attention seeking yes, but not of you. If you want an attention seeker review the content and quantity of your posts. To be honest I have no idea what you have actually said other than insulting fellow fans.

If you take the second word from all of grenulls post, line them up and then read them backwards it's actually a subliminal message of unrequited love.

It says "I love you Ann, please call me" over and over again.

True fact.

CCFC PimpRail

"On top of this Coventry City Council and ACL continued to milk the club dry by charging extortionate rents at the same rate despite going down two divisions."

How naughty of them....if only the club had been given the choice of a sliding scale based on which league they were in. Oh, wait a minute, I'll go and check volume 1 of " How to run a club the CCFC way".....

Skyblueweeman

Is there anything worse than a hedge-fund, the bastion of dynamic commercial management bleating on about how much money they have lost on a commercial venture they went into with their eyes wide open, no gun was pointing at their head.

Whether its £50m or £40m the commercial world does care about the inputs its all about the outputs the results and wow is this one big disaster by them. When they had the Canadian flying in to suggest texting for subs or Ken Diddlydoo staying at Coombe Abbey or paying off Ransom his stake in the venture, they have mismanaged the whole thing and naive Cov fans are on here feeling sorry for them that they should be given a free asset like the Ricoh so they can claw back their lost investment.

Having your own stadium with full access to revenue streams is an ideal not a right and CCFC sold off both
. But apparently if you want them you can just have them because that's the way to have a successful club.

Was it Sisu or previous boards who sold these rights?

Grendel

You dont speak for anyone - if you like Italia I will start a thread purely about you - your panchant for insulting felliw fans and your previous adulation for all things sisu. It won't make pleasant reading - for you.

Grendel

"On top of this Coventry City Council and ACL continued to milk the club dry by charging extortionate rents at the same rate despite going down two divisions."

How naughty of them....if only the club had been given the choice of a sliding scale based on which league they were in. Oh, wait a minute, I'll go and check volume 1 of " How to run a club the CCFC way".....

What I don't get is what you want. The club under any owner will never ever rent under the terms previously imposed. So back the club or back the council but then do t complain if you never see the club in Coventry again. They never will return unless its hugely in their favour.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You dont speak for anyone - if you like Italia I will start a thread purely about you - your panchant for insulting felliw fans and your previous adulation for all things sisu. It won't make pleasant reading - for you.

You are a very nasty man you dont have to be like that all the time surely?

Grendel

Sometimes yes sometimes no, I admit sometimes I go over the top and have been known to abuse some people most of the time I regret it I have a feeling you never do.

Italia goads people all the time. He deserves it. He insults as much as me. I get more abuse then anyone on here. Unlike him I don't squeal like a baby.

CCFC PimpRail

What I don't get is what you want. The club under any owner will never ever rent under the terms previously imposed. So back the club or back the council but then do t complain if you never see the club in Coventry again. They never will return unless its hugely in their favour.

Hasn't the last couple of years only really about defaulting on legally binding contracts, then trying to find every loophole imaginable to discredit those you've shafted...?

BTW, what I want is to have someone build me a 25 million pound house, and be able to rent it for 400k p.a. Bargain...!

Grendel

Hasn't the last couple of years only really about defaulting on legally binding contracts, then trying to find every loophole imaginable to discredit those you've shafted...?

BTW, what I want is to have someone build me a 25 million pound house, and be able to rent it for 400k p.a. Bargain...!

No it's not a bargain as you only can live in it for 34 hours a year

Users who are viewing this thread