Starve them Out ! (1 Viewer)

Block19

I think if we are to starve SISU out, then any business that buy corporate tickets or sponsor the club should be boycotted as well.

SkyblueBazza

But aren't the fans who do go to northampton helping the club survive? Perhaps the ones that will be going aren't prepared to see their club dissapear, which is exactly what will happen.if you want to get your point across by not going then fine. But don't knock the ones that are going....

Nobody knows what the outcome of their actions will be. Not going may lead to a hasty SISU exit rather than continue to incur losses. That could mean they sell-up, or close the club down, or they could just carry on regardless...they certainly have a history of the latter.
This is why it's wrong to slate those with different views...we don't know who will be proven right at the end of it all...& "I told you so" for those that are eventually shown to be in the right is the WORST thing they could do to unite behind whatever if anything is left.

cloughie

I understand what the not one penny more is trying to achieve...what it will actually achieve I dont want to happen....no club.we weren't far off the play offs last year and 32, 000 for the crewe game didn't mind who owned us then.

Oh yes we did !!

Samo

It's a mistake to allow them to divide us. Some will go, some will not for thier own reasons. If we can maintain mutual respect then we need not be divided.

Last edited:

Skybluepiglet

It's a mistake to allow them to divide us. Some will go go, some will not for thier own reasons. If we can maintain mutual respect then we need not be divided.

I don't follow your point..we must stand together...to not be divided

Seyeclops666

It's a mistake to allow them to divide us. Some will go go, some will not for thier own reasons. If we can maintain mutual respect then we need not be divided.

If you believe that any support of SISU - ie giving them money by turning up at Sixfields etc - means that we wait longer for SISU to be forced to sell and therefore our club is damaged even further - then how can you maintain mutual respect for those fans that go - because they are making things worse and prolonging the agony. That's why I and some others get so angry with them. We know it hurts not to watch the boys every week but we also believe that they are making it worse and not better !!

Samo

I meant that we should respect each fan's decision to go or not and stop bloody squabbling!

Samo

If you believe that any support of SISU - ie giving them money by turning up at Sixfields etc - means that we wait longer for SISU to be forced to sell and therefore our club is damaged even further - then how can you maintain mutual respect for those fans that go - because they are making things worse and prolonging the agony. That's why I and some others get so angry with them. We know it hurts not to watch the boys every week but we also believe that they are making it worse and not better !!

But perhaps they don't see it that way.

Disenchanted

I understand what the not one penny more is trying to achieve...what it will actually achieve I dont want to happen....no club.we weren't far off the play offs last year and 32, 000 for the crewe game didn't mind who owned us then.

one or two things have happened since the Crewe game....try to keep up ffs

Otis

He means we must remain together as Coventry City fans and not become either 'Coventry' Coventry City fans or 'Northampton' Coventry City fans.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

hutch1972

Exactly.....I think they'll easily be 1000 there sunday...enough to get behind the lads but not enough to help sisu.
Just a thought about the attendance next week , last season for arguments sake we averaged 11k of which 8k were ST, that means 3k were walk up , taking into account 300 away supporters that leaves around 26% deciding to go on the day.
If we use that for next week using 300 st holders only a further 70 odd will go, this obviously doesn't take into account those that are unable to walk 70 mile this season.

CarpyCov84

CTID or till they come back from Northampton...

You got it in 1 while we play in Northampton I won't be finding SISU or Northampton Town FC but I suppose some people who can't get their head around what's going on will...shame really just means will take a little linger for SISU to leave but it's not bother it will come the majority of us well let's say 95% of us won't be stepping foot inside that ground

VisitingPie

No but SISU hadn't quite sunk to the depths they have now, had they?

dadgad

CarpyCov84;511072 a little linger for SISU d[/QUOTE said:
Like it! ;-)
Just wish they'd linger somewhere else.
Sadly hedge funds will only be motivated by money.
The worst "owners" there could be of a business which has a laudable/moral/community dimension.

quinn1971

No but SISU hadn't quite sunk to the depths they have now, had they?

True...but I can't see what nopm will achieve....the ones backing it will be the first ones to moan when the likes of baker clarke and murphy have to leave.....it will be the end of my club and I don't want that...agree something needs to be done but not this.

OK if less than a 1000 attend, as mentioned earlier in the thread that may be seen as a victory for the stay away fans, what then would constitute a victory for the ones that attend, 2000, 3000,4000???

And how many will want to see us play Wolves?

shmmeee

OK if less than a 1000 attend, as mentioned earlier in the thread that may be seen as a victory for the stay away fans, what then would constitute a victory for the ones that attend, 2000, 3000,4000???

We all WANT to watch every game, its the feeling that we shouldn't in the short term.

I don't think talk of "victories" is particularly helpful. But I suppose the aim of the stay aways is to make Sisu lose money, the aim of the others is to sustain the club. So until the club makes a profit one way or another, I don't see how one sides aims can be met.

skybluelee

True...but I can't see what nopm will achieve....the ones backing it will be the first ones to moan when the likes of baker clarke and murphy have to leave.....it will be the end of my club and I don't want that...agree something needs to be done but not this.

What utter bollox. I fully support nopm and fully expect them to leave.

One step closer to relegation and to our 'rock bottom', wherever and whenever that may be, when sisu fuck off and we get our club back.

valiant15

Who gives a toss about wolves. There not exactly man u are they.

quinn1971

What utter bollox. I fully support nopm and fully expect them to leave.

One step closer to relegation and to our 'rock bottom', wherever and whenever that may be, when sisu fuck off and we get our club back.

Unfortunately sisu won't fuck off so good luck with that....with nopm you won't have a club to get back.

Grendel

SISU are unlikely to be starved out. They have already stated a budgeted assumption of covered losses based on 3,000 attendances. If the figure is half that so will the playing budget to cover the losses, remember some clubs survive on gates of 2,000 a season. They won't just go away.

Users who are viewing this thread