Starting to really hate a number of City Fans (1 Viewer)

skyblue4ever

Thought i would go to the game today after not attending for a few games but very quickly realised why it was i hadn't been. The constant insults by a number of fans aimed at our own players is really embarrassing.
From the first whistle baker was getting the most insults thrown at him, now i know baker didn't have his best games by a long way but there was no need for some of the things that were shouted. Even to the point of one of them saying "oh no! Its Baker!" when he picked the ball up to take the spot kick. What happened then was even worse, i couldn't believe my eyes as i saw him just sit there as Baker scored!!!
Its not just footballing criticism either. He was also shouting things like "Fleck you fat c**t"
Why bother going if you are not gong to support the team?

Nonleagueherewecome

Agreed, particularly about some of the grief Baker got, but the B21 Hate Mob has been a bit better behaved since Sheff was dropped!

Sutty

I did hear some people booing their fella who got knocked out cold and was bleeding from his left ear.

Quite right too, can't be doing that all over our pitch.

I sit in Block 30 and i have to say we dont have any of that shit there. Theres the odd comment about how shit a player is playing but nothing personal. Bascially like any footbaal stadium should be like. You buy your ticket, your entitled to your opinion, but what you've described sounds like a bunch of arseholes taking it to another level

skyblue4ever

I sit in Block 30 and i have to say we dont have any of that shit there. Theres the odd comment about how shit a player is playing but nothing personal. Bascially like any footbaal stadium should be like. You buy your ticket, your entitled to your opinion, but what you've described sounds like a bunch of arseholes taking it to another level

Exactly! Of course people are entitled to their opinion but there is no need to make it personal.

Nonleagueherewecome

I did hear some people booing their fella who got knocked out cold and was bleeding from his left ear.

Quite right too, can't be doing that all over our pitch.

Indeed, it will ruin it's Crown Green-type pristine quality! Although Brentford were a horrible team, lots of diving and shoves off the ball. I thought I was watching a Warnock side...

Sutty

Indeed, it will ruin it's Crown Green-type pristine quality! Although Brentford were a horrible team, lots of diving and shoves off the ball. I thought I was watching a Warnock side...

They were a bit cynical, lots of little trips and shirt pulls. Spread the yellow card offences around the team Warnock-style as well.

SkyblueBazza

Exactly! Of course people are entitled to their opinion but there is no need to make it personal.

They do it because they can...as usual safe in the knowledge that the Police & Stewards pay little attention to much of it, & the player either will not hear it, or will do nothing because there are 100's of others to protect them.
They's rock-hard they are

Thought i would go to the game today after not attending for a few games but very quickly realised why it was i hadn't been. The constant insults by a number of fans aimed at our own players is really embarrassing.
From the first whistle baker was getting the most insults thrown at him, now i know baker didn't have his best games by a long way but there was no need for some of the things that were shouted. Even to the point of one of them saying "oh no! Its Baker!" when he picked the ball up to take the spot kick. What happened then was even worse, i couldn't believe my eyes as i saw him just sit there as Baker scored!!!
Its not just footballing criticism either. He was also shouting things like "Fleck you fat c**t"

I still have to suffer the two muppets behind me in Block E slagging off our Joe - "worst in the league" - "useless" - "get rid" etc................... but only sarcastic acknowledgement when making wonder saves.

Flying Fokker

Why do you remain there ? When I get fed up with fans I go and search the whole stadium for a spare seat. B15 Partisan all the time.

luwalla

I said the same on here last week.. Some d ick head behind was making donkey noises at baker every time baker got the ball... This was 5 minutes into the match , I kid you not.. The guy and his mates were at least 50 too..

Steve.B50

I never heard anything like that about Baker, the odd droan when he made a mistake but no abuse.
Must admit we had a lot of laughs in block 16, some real characters around us, always makes a poor game bearable.
Thought the support today was good.

i sit in block 19 row s and i didn't hear anything and if i did i would say something I'm a season ticket holder i live in Margate. And i spend a lot of money to watch city home and away so i won't stand for it without telling them to shut up PUSB and KTF

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

I never heard anything like that about Baker, the odd droan when he made a mistake but no abuse.
Must admit we had a lot of laughs in block 16, some real characters around us, always makes a poor game bearable.
Thought the support today was good.

Got to agree there are some right characters in block 16 only take the micky no real nasty stuff then again we are all season tickets holders and to be honest some of the football is dire so if we wanted to slag players should have the right to, I don't do it myself but honestly if a player is not giving 100% all the time then he should expect it
Play up Sky Blues SISU OUT:guitar2::guitar2::guitar2:

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Agreed, I've had a problem with some people that go, especially to the home games. Take this from someone who has a lot of friends all over the country, watches a lot of football (at the grounds not on skysports), and follows England to the odd away, and our support is dreadful for lack of support, bitching and moaning, and not getting behind the players. I've been to Leeds, Liverpool, Wigan, Chester, York, Bristol Rovers games this season, all except for Wigan, have got behind their players, not booed because a player has stopped to do his shoe laces up or not taken a goal kick to the side they want. The way I now look at is;
  1. Some of our supporters just dont understand/have football knowledge/have played football. Understanding is not knowing what rating a player is on fifa, but eg, knowing what the role of the winger/wide player is, knowing about giving your players options. For example, our left back was taking a throw in in the first half, not one of our players moved, they remained static, and did not give him the option. So he did what, everyone from the age of Under 8's Sunday League, knows to do, and put it down the line. To that he was called 'a ginger c***' 'thick twat'. No, he wasnt inexperienced, he did what any decent full back would do when he had no options going, and was being pressed to take it. This might be rocket science to some Cov fans, but if a player is on the ball and not one tosser gives him an option, and he ends up losing the ball, has a shit shot, then the team are also to blame. This is why teams that play pass and move, and give eachother options, are better, a good example of this is....;)
  2. Some of our fans are just there to complain fullstop. They dont understand football, they complain at anything. Should all be ashamed of the treatment of McSheff.
  3. Im glad I only really go to the away games now

cloughie

Agreed, I've had a problem with some people that go, especially to the home games. Take this from someone who has a lot of friends all over the country, watches a lot of football (at the grounds not on skysports), and follows England to the odd away, and our support is dreadful for lack of support, bitching and moaning, and not getting behind the players. I've been to Leeds, Liverpool, Wigan, Chester, York, Bristol Rovers games this season, all except for Wigan, have got behind their players, not booed because a player has stopped to do his shoe laces up or not taken a goal kick to the side they want. The way I now look at is;
  1. Some of our supporters just dont understand/have football knowledge/have played football. Understanding is not knowing what rating a player is on fifa, but eg, knowing what the role of the winger/wide player is, knowing about giving your players options. For example, our left back was taking a throw in in the first half, not one of our players moved, they remained static, and did not give him the option. So he did what, everyone from the age of Under 8's Sunday League, knows to do, and put it down the line. To that he was called 'a ginger c***' 'thick twat'. No, he wasnt inexperienced, he did what any decent full back would do when he had no options going, and was being pressed to take it. This might be rocket science to some Cov fans, but if a player is on the ball and not one tosser gives him an option, and he ends up losing the ball, has a shit shot, then the team are also to blame. This is why teams that play pass and move, and give eachother options, are better, a good example of this is....;)
  2. Some of our fans are just there to complain fullstop. They dont understand football, they complain at anything. Should all be ashamed of the treatment of McSheff.

Just about sums up the boo boys, THE CLUELESS

Mrpipes

They / we all pay our money and have opinion , we can say what we like if w'at we're seeing is shit , and yeah , we've been ground down to the point of wits end
This season has turned into a sick joke , everyone is on their final tether , we had about 7 thousand hard core fans there today , they have more right than anyone to shout their displeasure of dire football

skyblue4ever

They / we all pay our money and have opinion , we can say what we like if w'at we're seeing is shit , and yeah , we've been ground down to the point of wits end
This season has turned into a sick joke , everyone is on their final tether , we had about 7 thousand hard core fans there today , they have more right than anyone to shout their displeasure of dire football

i don't disagree that we are all aloud to shout their displeasure at the football but shouting personal insults is just really pathetic.

BurbageSkyBlues

Some truth in that, but the other side of the coin is that their behaviour is continuing to drive away the other fans, by making it such an unenjoyable experience.

Davo

Agree totally. I' hear it week in week out. Mostly from older guys who seem to go purely to let off steam. Their response when I ask why bother is "they pay so can say what they want", which is fair enough. So I ask why pay to be annoyed and made angry (as its the same fellas every week) to which they never have a reply, if its shit, be annoyed, save boos for the final whistle.

If you make a bad pass and get slated, next time you get the ball, will you be nervous and more likely to do it again? Of course you will

Davo

Coventry City fans have been ground down for years, had the love of the game sucked out of them.

So why go?

I get angry and disheartened when we play poorly, but slating players for it, when they can hear you in the soulless Ricoh, has no positives whatsoever. So I don't get why people pay hard earned money to do it

letsallsingtogether

What a load of Twoddle.......So all the Booing we have heard at England matches and at away games by opposition fans is really all done by city fans.
even on Sky they mention the booing Arsenal 2 weeks ago Tottenham in Europe just to mention two all fans are the same some good some not so good.
Slagging players has always gone on go on any football web site now and they will all be slagging someone off

Fuck me they must have really all been City Fans

Nonleagueherewecome

Agree totally. I' hear it week in week out. Mostly from older guys who seem to go purely to let off steam. Their response when I ask why bother is "they pay so can say what they want", which is fair enough. So I ask why pay to be annoyed and made angry (as its the same fellas every week) to which they never have a reply, if its shit, be annoyed, save boos for the final whistle.

If you make a bad pass and get slated, next time you get the ball, will you be nervous and more likely to do it again? Of course you will

Save the boos, just go and drink some booze instead!

cloughie

You seem to direct the bullshit and rubbish that has come out of this club for the last 5 years as though it is the players fault

Many players were not her before and certainly not all their fault

grow up or was this your 1st game this season and didn't get satisfaction for your £20 odd ticket

Go home look in a mirror and BOO yourself

georgehudson

what we (Coventry City), require is an on the pitch general,
Curtis, Yorath, Dublin, Wise, to name but a few,
not criticising current players but the need is there,
which would come at a price,
i think there are 'leaders' out there, so, over to SW (currently) to find one,
i'm sure TF will have a view on this, via JS 1st, of course

letsallsingtogether

So why go?

I get angry and disheartened when we play poorly, but slating players for it, when they can hear you in the soulless Ricoh, has no positives whatsoever. So I don't get why people pay hard earned money to do it

SO Why goo??? because they care and to be honest yes there are some jerks around but when a player looks like he couldn't careless then people are entitled to there opinions when I fuck up I am told in front of all my work mates I don't like it and it stinks but haho that's life I try not to do it again

tippex9

Fully agree with the OP, so many of our fans are ridiculous. Truly embarrassing.

Users who are viewing this thread