Starting League One, on -10 points (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

Lying? The only case of "lying" may be the silly statement regarding negotiating with the Council over the Arena. But even that isn't lying.

They never lied about players being signed. To think that was a lie was naïve in the extreme.

"The same budget for the playing squad will be available to Andy Thorn this season as was available to Aidy Boothroyd last season"-Paul Clouting, whilst the Early Bird Season Ticket deal was still on.

"Budgets can change"-Paul Clouting, after the season tickets have been sold. And after the manager had started building a squad, from the back, with 2 GK's-maybe he'd have saved a bit of cash (ooh, all of 20K!) for a striker if the board hadn't LIED to him, and us, about the budget that was available to him?

And that's just one of many, many things.. There are literally thousands of other posts on here explaining exactly what SISU have done wrong: I suggest you read some of them Tommy. They are the worst company in terms of PR that I have dealt with in any field whatsoever, and they won't be getting season ticket money off me next season, due to their lies this season.

Last edited:

TommyAtkins

"The same budget for the playing squad will be available to Andy Thorn this season as was available to Aidy Boothroyd last season"-Paul Clouting, whilst the Early Bird Season Ticket deal was still on.

"Budgets can change"-Paul Clouting, after the season tickets have been sold. And after the manager had started building a squad, from the back, with 2 GK's-maybe he'd have saved a bit of cash (ooh, all of 20K!) for a striker if the board hadn't LIED to him, and us, about the budget that was available to him?

And that's just one of many, amny things.. There are literally thousands of other posts on here explaining exactly what SISU have done wrong: I suggest you read some of the Tommy. They are the worst company in terms of PR that I have dealt with in any field whatsoever, and they won't be getting season ticket money off me next season, due to their lies this season.

But none of these are lies.

Situations change in any business.

Decide to buy a new car, allocate funds. Then you realise you shouldn't because the financial environment has changed.

None of the "signing players" statements could ever be considered as "lies"

And no one should take things as gospel truth from a football forum.

valiant15

Your wasting your time with this crank non league,we'd be here all day listing the endless lies that have come from that lot.

TommyAtkins

And that's just one of many, amny things.. There are literally thousands of other posts on here explaining exactly what SISU have done wrong: I suggest you read some of the Tommy. They are the worst company in terms of PR that I have dealt with in any field whatsoever, and they won't be getting season ticket money off me next season, due to their lies this season.

Incidentally, I don't disagree with you about their PR.

But I have disagree about not buying a season ticket. By definition, you are depriving the club of funds in the same way you accuse SISU of depriving the club.

coundonskyblue

But I have disagree about not buying a season ticket. By definition, you are depriving the club of funds in the same way you accuse SISU of depriving the club.

Are Sisu wrong then to deprive the Coventry taxpayer by not paying their rent?

TommyAtkins

Bore off pal. 99% of this city know the truth about sisu. They've no future here.

Provide some evidence to support your argument because you haven't so far. Your rather amusing insults only serve to prove you don't have a case.

If 99% of the City believe what you think, then it makes 99% of people wrong.

And of course, you are wrong about that. Most of the City don't give a shit about CCFC. And of those fans who do care, plenty of intelligent and hard working people realise that the cost cutting implemented was the only sensible thing to do.

It lalso explains why the SISU out campaign has failed.

TommyAtkins

I wouldnt want a job in law,to many crooks in that game,sisu would be good at it.

The only crooks are the lying fans who have betrayed their club by not supporting it.

Stayway fans are worse than SISU; fans are supposed to support their club without conditions

Paxman II

Welcome back Tommy. Has life suddenly changed over on the other side?

A little less condescension goes a long way over here. We're very delcate you know. :wave:

coundonskyblue

The only crooks are the lying fans who have betrayed their club by not supporting it.

Stayway fans are worse than SISU; fans are supposed to support their club without conditions

If we were being run like a Football Club I would agree with you, as we are being run like an ordinary business why do you expect the 'customers' to keep buying a crap product?

Nonleagueherewecome

But their terrible PR has directly led to me making that decision-I don't like being played for a mug, time and time again.

It's their job, as a business, to attract/retain customers. If they had either been honest, or shown at least a little football business acumen by re-investing some of the money received for players sold (on up-and-coming youngsters, who could later be sold for profit!), then they may have retained my loyalty.

I have to work extra Saturdays next year so that had a bearing on my decision, but if SISU had treated me as a paying customer with just a modicum of respect, I would have taken the hit of missing a third of the games and renewed. I greatly resent your insinuation that I am as much to blame for our situation as them-frankly, if you are going to blame loyal, long suffering fans like me, rather than the multi-millionaire, faceless, incommunicative, lying, hedge fund, I think that says all we need to hear about your perspective.

Let me guess, you're in favour of big bonuses for bankers and think that Brody had some "interesting ideas", too?

Nonleagueherewecome

Oh, and I don't really take kindly to being searched like a common criminal, patronised and insulted by staff on the turnstiles, and silenced when I attempt to protest. Free speech is a right, and I don't have that at the Ricoh.

skybluealways

I think Tommy Atkins works for sisu after reading all of this, Its the fans like Tommy that has made the SISU out campaign fail, as quite simply they do not care what is happening to the club, yes i do agree other past owners hold alot of blame for spending over the means to try and compete, not to mention to put us into a stadium that no one likes that generates nothing for the club whilst he walked away pocketing £8M from the deal - Richardson have you died yet!, however SISU DID lie as purely stated they would bring in quality to regain premiership status and build for the future, since they have came in we have lost alot of talented young players for pittance, sold the training ground,made VERY little communication with the paying customer when communication was going to be a vocal point, have not built any revenue streams, have not even backed the manager with a little extra funding when required.
Have pocketed from the wages savings from King,Gunnar,Turner,Westwood, (pocketed the gunnar and turner money from the tune of at least £500k -c mcdonald came in but at a fraction of the cost.
We have had an ever turning wheel of clientel of the field - experts in their fields who have losted a matter of weeks/ months not years to turn us around.
All in all it does not bode to well and i say SISU thanks, but no thanks.

6 Generations

Decide to buy a new car, allocate funds. Then you realise you shouldn't because the financial environment has changed.

Tim Fisher on C&W " We are actively seeking the loan signings of at least one, and maybe two strikers in the loan window" This statement was made live on BBC Radio to Clive Eakin, despite Mr Fisher's obvious knowledge that within approximately 1 week, the club would be subjected to a transfer embargo. The club could not possibly have been seeking these loans. That is a blatant untruth.

Onye Igwe in an open letter declaring more transparency towards the fans on the club website explained "funds are available for the acquisition of 'QUALITY' Premiership players on loan".

No such funds have ever been made available and no such quality Premiership players have arrived.

On the instruction of Brody, i assume, all of Marlon King's goals were aired freely on the club website in celebration of his agreement to sign a further contract with us.

He signed For Birmingham City for whom he has now scored 17 goals ( I think).

We were occasionally informed of Ben Turner's slow progress over nine bloody months. The last couple of months, we were encouragingly informed that he was now able to jog. Approximately 1 month after that statement he signed for Cardiff City for the alleged sum of 750, 000. Without doubt we were misled in regard to the fitness of Mr Turner, who SISU could not afford to suffer a recurrence of the injury.Ben Turner has been an ever present for them. Now what astute body of business men would allow the (at the time) best centre back in the division to leave for such a small amount?

How can you continually defend SISU? This a genuine question.

Further, if and when we do return to our, in your opinion, true level (despite being above that level for half a century and almost half of our existence),

WHERE WILL YOU BE HOLDING YOUR STREET PARTY?

Godiva

I think Tommy Atkins works for sisu after reading all of this, Its the fans like Tommy that has made the SISU out campaign fail, as quite simply they do not care what is happening to the club, yes i do agree other past owners hold alot of blame for spending over the means to try and compete, not to mention to put us into a stadium that no one likes that generates nothing for the club whilst he walked away pocketing £8M from the deal - Richardson have you died yet!, however SISU DID lie as purely stated they would bring in quality to regain premiership status and build for the future, since they have came in we have lost alot of talented young players for pittance, sold the training ground,made VERY little communication with the paying customer when communication was going to be a vocal point, have not built any revenue streams, have not even backed the manager with a little extra funding when required.
Have pocketed from the wages savings from King,Gunnar,Turner,Westwood, (pocketed the gunnar and turner money from the tune of at least £500k -c mcdonald came in but at a fraction of the cost.
We have had an ever turning wheel of clientel of the field - experts in their fields who have losted a matter of weeks/ months not years to turn us around.

Oh come on. Tommy doesn't work for sisu ... he simply disagree with some arguments, but is a fan just like you.

And sisu haven't pocketed a single pound from the sales of any players. The accounts show they haven't taken out anything - yet.

TommyAtkins

Congratulations - you win a prize :)

As soon as someone offers an independent perspective that doesn't chime with the herd, then someone will post - you must work for SISU

It is truly amusing that such a response is inevitable.

The SISU Out campaign has failed because most Coventry fans realise that sooner or later, what SISU are doing, had to be done to save the long term future of the club.

Well done. Yahztee. Maximum points

TommyAtkins

Tim Fisher on C&W " We are actively seeking the loan signings of at least one, and maybe two strikers in the loan window" This statement was made live on BBC Radio to Clive Eakin, despite Mr Fisher's obvious knowledge that within approximately 1 week, the club would be subjected to a transfer embargo. The club could not possibly have been seeking these loans. That is a blatant untruth.

Onye Igwe in an open letter declaring more transparency towards the fans on the club website explained "funds are available for the acquisition of 'QUALITY' Premiership players on loan".

No such funds have ever been made available and no such quality Premiership players have arrived.

On the instruction of Brody, i assume, all of Marlon King's goals were aired freely on the club website in celebration of his agreement to sign a further contract with us.

He signed For Birmingham City for whom he has now scored 17 goals ( I think).

We were occasionally informed of Ben Turner's slow progress over nine bloody months. The last couple of months, we were encouragingly informed that he was now able to jog. Approximately 1 month after that statement he signed for Cardiff City for the alleged sum of 750, 000. Without doubt we were misled in regard to the fitness of Mr Turner, who SISU could not afford to suffer a recurrence of the injury.Ben Turner has been an ever present for them. Now what astute body of business men would allow the (at the time) best centre back in the division to leave for such a small amount?

How can you continually defend SISU? This a genuine question.

Further, if and when we do return to our, in your opinion, true level (despite being above that level for half a century and almost half of our existence),

WHERE WILL YOU BE HOLDING YOUR STREET PARTY?

You see. An attempt to make a coherent case.

But the error here is to believe there are 2 camps: SISU In and SISU Out.

This has never been the case. The situation has and always should have been - what is right for Coventry City Football Club in the long term.

SISU haven't lied. And if they have lied about signing players, it makes them no different from any other football club and any other owner of CCFC, past, present and future.

Fans forget that Westwood refused to sign a new contract long before the cost cutting, Dann wanted to leave and Turner was sold because we had to sell him to raise funds and we sold him for market value. Not Football Manager value.

Fans forget that some players refused to sign for us. Some clubs refused to loan players to us.

This club is a mess because of Richardson and Robinson.

TommyAtkins

How have the fans lied?

For example:

"I support Coventry City but I am not going to buy a season ticket unless Cov invest in new players"

This is a liar because the hypothetical fan doesn't support Coventry because he has set conditions. Support for CCFC is unconditional, SISU or no SISU.

Support Coventry City through good and bad times

Nonleagueherewecome

For example:

"I support Coventry City but I am not going to buy a season ticket unless Cov invest in new players"

This is a liar because the hypothetical fan doesn't support Coventry because he has set conditions. Support for CCFC is unconditional, SISU or no SISU.

Support Coventry City through good and bad times

Why should it be unconditional? That's completely unrealistic in a customer service environment. The only vote I have on what the bastards do is with my feet, ie not to go. Do I have no consumer rights? You are being extremely unreasonable in your argument here!

Nonleagueherewecome

torchomatic

coundonskyblue

"SISU haven't lied."

Basically your saying all these people lied:

Jay Tabb
Ray Ranson
Westwood
Mick McCarthy (When we were trying to get Eastwood on loan)
Sammy Clingan's agent
Marlon King
Gary Hoffman

and Sisu were telling the truth on every occasion when dealing these?

6 Generations

'Fans forget'?? I don't forget. In fact i've spent 46 years of my life not forgetting to follow my club, come what may. 50 of my 53 years in existence have witnessed my club being in the top 2 tiers of the football pyramid. We can hardly be described as naturally progressing to our true level of division 3.

Fans, sir do not forget. Please try to enlighten me on Tim Fisher's statement live on BBC Radio. Did he tell the truth?Yes or no, please.
You see. An attempt to make a coherent case.

But the error here is to believe there are 2 camps: SISU In and SISU Out.

This has never been the case. The situation has and always should have been - what is right for Coventry City Football Club in the long term.

SISU haven't lied. And if they have lied about signing players, it makes them no different from any other football club and any other owner of CCFC, past, present and future.

Fans forget that Westwood refused to sign a new contract long before the cost cutting, Dann wanted to leave and Turner was sold because we had to sell him to raise funds and we sold him for market value. Not Football Manager value.

Fans forget that some players refused to sign for us. Some clubs refused to loan players to us.

This club is a mess because of Richardson and Robinson.

Users who are viewing this thread