Starting a new club - a way to gague support (1 Viewer)

stupot07

It would not be up to the Football League. As once they had dropped you below League 2 the decision belongs to the Conference who have different FFP rules again and will decide themselves where we sit.

Big problem though is that their rules are based on seeing your accounts to see if you are financially stable, so SISU FC would struggle as they don't do accounts, but a phoenix club would pass this and I would expect a Blue Square North start up if not Conference Prem.

Wimbledon didn't, they had to start in the 9th tier.

Brighton Sky Blue

Quite.

Forget what I think, you think, Brian Blessed thinks. It's about the simple desire to have as many fans behind a club as possible, to maximise its chances of success.

That's not buying into a 'SISU plan'. On the contrary, it's trying to make sure that Coventry football isn't stymied by acting in haste and repenting at leisure.

Tritium Fluoride himself has said that there is the provision there to stay in Northampton for 5 years if there are delays in building the Fish Bowl. By that time he will have established the Cobblers as a League 2 outfit, possibly even non league-it's very hard to tell if indeed all the thousands of fans would come rushing back.

It could also take SISU's involvement past the 10 year mark-since when did hedge funds spend even half that time on a venture?

Grendel

It would not be up to the Football League. As once they had dropped you below League 2 the decision belongs to the Conference who have different FFP rules again and will decide themselves where we sit.

Big problem though is that their rules are based on seeing your accounts to see if you are financially stable, so SISU FC would struggle as they don't do accounts, but a phoenix club would pass this and I would expect a Blue Square North start up if not Conference Prem.

Are you serious? There is no chance as the football world recognise Coventry city as the real club. The only possible comparison is the breakaway Manchester club who started well down the leagues and attracted far more fans than us.

The league will look at Coventry city. They will see every away game thousands of fans wanting to see Coventry city and conclude that any new club would be liquidated once CCFC returned.

It's amusing. The so called sisu rent boys - me torch stupot are not going full stop. Many want their cake and eat it and will still go every away game so giving CCFC credibility. They by doing this would prevent any new club starting anywhere other than a bottom tier as they are another Coventry sphinx. Those attending away games are far bigger supporters if sisu than those who stay away all together.

NorthernWisdom

It could also take SISU's involvement past the 10 year mark-since when did hedge funds spend even half that time on a venture?

Indeed. The club will either be back, or dead.

Or (and this is a very slight possibility!) it turns out they will build us a ground after all, so the club will be back anyway and public opinion will have turned back in their favour in some small part.

Gary.j

We've only been in admin 4 and a bit months, Portsmouth were in admin for 14 months. We have yet to actually play in Northampton so things could still change. The march was only a week ago and yet you and Gary J seem to want to throw in the towel.

You say ccfc was never ours? Didn't feel that way when we won the fa cup and the streets were lined with people cheering as the came back as heroes. Or what about the number of last day relegation escapes, like Tottenham away?

I will not renew my season ticket, I will also not go to away games whilst we are in Northampton, and I certainly won't support a breakaway club whilst ccfc is still in existence.

Stupot, I want my club back, and I'm prepared to put time and effort into getting it back, where do you get the idea I'm throwing in the towel? IMO doing nothing is throwing in the towel!

And by "breakaway club", I assume you mean sisu, after all they're the ones who are talking about breaking away from the city and the supporters.

stupot07

Stupot, I want my club back, and I'm prepared to put time and effort into getting it back, where do you get the idea I'm throwing in the towel? IMO doing nothing is throwing in the towel!

And by "breakaway club", I assume you mean sisu, after all they're the ones who are talking about breaking away from the city and the supporters.

Doing nothing? I'm supporting the NOPM campaign boycotting games and not renewing my 4 season tickets.

Perhaps it's just me but I find the constant peddling the Coventry1883 thing a bit much, and yes in my eyes supporting the setting up of a 'breakaway' club whilst ccfc still exists is throwing in the towel, you're accepting ccfc is dead.

As someone said early, support is already fragmented and talk of a breakaway club is further fragmenting it.

The season hasn't even started yet, we haven't played a game in Northampton yet, there's still time for a U-turn.

RPHunt

I think at this stage, showing support for a new club sends a clear message to Tim 'there is no alternative' Fisher that for the fans, there is a very real alternative.

Gary.j

Doing nothing? I'm supporting the NOPM campaign boycotting games and not renewing my 4 season tickets.

Perhaps it's just me but I find the constant peddling the Coventry1883 thing a bit much, and yes in my eyes supporting the setting up of a 'breakaway' club whilst ccfc still exists is throwing in the towel, you're accepting ccfc is dead.

As someone said early, support is already fragmented and talk of a breakaway club is further fragmenting it.

The season hasn't even started yet, we haven't played a game in Northampton yet, there's still time for a U-turn.

I didnt say that you were doing nothing.

I no longer recognise sisu fc as ccfc, if i thought that it was still ccfc then i could not justify a 100% boycott, thereby probably contributing to it's demise on and off the field.

Stupot, we know what you don't think is the answer to the situation, i'm curious to know what you do think is the solution!

stupot07

I didnt say that you were doing nothing.

I no longer recognise sisu fc as ccfc, if i thought that it was still ccfc then i could not justify a 100% boycott, thereby probably contributing to it's demise on and off the field.

Stupot, we know what you don't think is the answer to the situation, i'm curious to know what you do think is the solution!

You may no longer recognise ccfc as ccfc but the 5k+ people marched last week obviously do and want our ccfc back in Coventry.

I don't have the answers but accepting the club is dead and starting a new one (probably in 9th tier like afc Wimbledon) isn't the solution whilst ccfc still exists.

We need to keep the NOPM campaign going preferably with people also boycotting away games, cup games, etc. and if by some miracle we do end up playing at the Ricoh we need to pack out the first match back with 30k (regardless if sisu are in charge) to show that we'll only support them in Coventry.

WillieStanley

You may no longer recognise ccfc as ccfc but the 5k+ people marched last week obviously do and want our ccfc back in Coventry.

I don't have the answers but accepting the club is dead and starting a new one (probably in 9th tier like afc Wimbledon) isn't the solution whilst ccfc still exists.

We need to keep the NOPM campaign going preferably with people also boycotting away games, cup games, etc. and if by some miracle we do end up playing at the Ricoh we need to pack out the first match back with 30k (regardless if sisu are in charge) to show that we'll only support them in Coventry.[/QUOTE]

I agree with all that Stupot, except that in bold. I am planning not to attend any match next season (I know, SISU rent boy and everything!!:eek:) but I still think a mass boycott of the club completely a la NOPM will inflict too much damage. My daughters will (eventually) be getting brand new replica shirts and continue their membership of JSB.

covboy1987

I think at this stage, showing support for a new club sends a clear message to Tim 'there is no alternative' Fisher that for the fans, there is a very real alternative.
Good quote these people have worn us all down and it time for the fans to do something constructive i already put a similar post on recently and got shouted down but this time looks like quite a few are up for the new club idea as quite obviously we are heading for the conference in massive debt

stupot07

We need to keep the NOPM campaign going preferably with people also boycotting away games, cup games, etc. and if by some miracle we do end up playing at the Ricoh we need to pack out the first match back with 30k (regardless if sisu are in charge) to show that we'll only support them in Coventry.[/QUOTE]

I agree with all that Stupot, except that in bold. I am planning not to attend any match next season (I know, SISU rent boy and everything!!:eek:) but I still think a mass boycott of the club completely a la NOPM will inflict too much damage. My daughters will (eventually) be getting brand new replica shirts and continue their membership of JSB.

To be honest Willie, I think just boycotting games is enough.

TheSnoz

Originally Posted by RPHunt

That's a good enough reason in my book.

Gary.j

Originally Posted by RPHunt

That's a good enough reason in my book.

Welcome to the negotiation table gentlemen!

M&B Stand

A new club would only work if the old club went to the wall. While old ccfc still struggled on a split would be harmful to both.
Coventry is a one club city.

Johnnythespider

Are you serious? There is no chance as the football world recognise Coventry city as the real club. The only possible comparison is the breakaway Manchester club who started well down the leagues and attracted far more fans than us.

The league will look at Coventry city. They will see every away game thousands of fans wanting to see Coventry city and conclude that any new club would be liquidated once CCFC returned.

It's amusing. The so called sisu rent boys - me torch stupot are not going full stop. Many want their cake and eat it and will still go every away game so giving CCFC credibility. They by doing this would prevent any new club starting anywhere other than a bottom tier as they are another Coventry sphinx. Those attending away games are far bigger supporters if sisu than those who stay away all together.
F.C united of Manchester have a record attendance of 6,731, also that comparison doesn't really hold water as Man u were and are still playing at Old Trafford.

Grendel

No its not Wimbledon were taken to Milton Keynes along with the golden share. afc Wimbledon were formed whilst Miiton Keynes Dons were still in exsistence therefore a direct comparison

No it isn't. Wimbledon changed to Mk dons permenant lot as it moved to an area not represented by a football club.

The Wimbledon fans saw the club as ceasing to exist. Many CCFC fans do not have this view.

stupot07

No its not Wimbledon were taken to Milton Keynes along with the golden share. afc Wimbledon were formed whilst Miiton Keynes Dons were still in exsistence therefore a direct comparison

Not really, Wimbledon had moved permanently to Milton Keynes and changed their name to Milton Keynes. We've moved to Northampton temporarily and still ccfc. So not really a direct comparison. The plan is to return not permanently move and re-franchise.

M&B Stand

To compare a great club such as ours to pub teams like Wimbledon and MK dons is the biggest insult you could dish out

georgehudson

heard tonight, pub talk, of course,
via an 'influential person',
that a superb deal had been proffered for CCFC to play @ the ricoh,
considering the potential costs of playing elsewhere what next ?

CCFC_GT

Not really, Wimbledon had moved permanently to Milton Keynes and changed their name to Milton Keynes. We've moved to Northampton temporarily and still ccfc. So not really a direct comparison. The plan is to return not permanently move and re-franchise.

A plan to return to Brandon is extremely difficult to take seriously as a real plan to return.

cloughie

quote grendel

It's amusing. The so called sisu rent boys - me torch stupot are not going full stop. Many want their cake and eat it and will still go every away game so giving CCFC credibility. Those attending away games are far bigger supporters if sisu than those who stay away all together.

Whats amusing is your lack of facts again

Torch was at Oxford today so you can blame him for letting you down, oh dear

As for you, well thats a good excuse for someone who rarely attends away games regardless of the current situation.

' Those attending away games are far bigger supporters if sisu than those who stay away all together' yet you Grendel are against the NOPM campaign

Incredible hypocrisy, but no suprise

torchomatic

That about sums it up.

As far as I was aware he was stopping going once we actually moved, so expected this to be his last chance to go for a while unless something changes sharpish.

Users who are viewing this thread