Starters at this time (1 Viewer)

DannyThomas_1981

Obviously will change due to incomings but see the following as starters:

GK: Marosi

RWB: Dabo

3 CBs: 3 from Dacosta/McFadz/Rose/Hyam/Pask. You could make a good case for any of those players to start.

LWB: Giles

3 CMs: Hamer, Kelly, Allen

AM: O'Hare

CF: Godden

fernandopartridge

Obviously will change due to incomings but see the following as starters:

GK: Marosi

RWB: Dabo

3 CBs: 3 from Dacosta/McFadz/Rose/Hyam/Pask. You could make a good case for any of those players to start.

LWB: Giles

3 CMs: Hamer, Kelly, Allen

AM: O'Hare

CF: Godden
I think realistically the centre backs are 3 from the 4 players here last season, assume Pask for Rose due to this injury. Can't see Dacosta starting at CB, he may have to be used at RWB if Dabo is out. Otherwise that team is what I'd expect.

rob9872

I think Drysdale at CB and Pask at RB until Rose and Dabo fit. I also think Shippers will be in as Robins clearly trusts him to start. I like Allen but wouldn't be surprised to see Shippers for an hour running around tiring them out and then swap for Allen against tired legs.

Joy Division

I think Drysdale at CB and Pask at RB until Rose and Dabo fit. I also think Shippers will be in as Robins clearly trusts him to start. I like Allen but wouldn't be surprised to see Shippers for an hour running around tiring them out and then swap for Allen against tired legs.

I don't think Drysdale will be anywhere near starting 11 just yet. I think he'll be out on loan somewhere for a season.

DannyThomas_1981

I think realistically the centre backs are 3 from the 4 players here last season, assume Pask for Rose due to this injury. Can't see Dacosta starting at CB, he may have to be used at RWB if Dabo is out. Otherwise that team is what I'd expect.

Agreed as I mostly do with you Fernando. My argument for DaCosta and Pask as possible starters is all about athleticism and pace - might be more required against elite forwards in the Champ vs. last year.

mrtrench

I reckon Shipperz will play as part of the first 11 when all are fit at least some of the time.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Dacosta will almost certainly be the first choice back-up for Dabo unless he really fails to impress pre-season. Pask I think has been moved more towards his CB role at West ham rather than the WB MR brought him in for. If he plays wider it will be more from absolute necessity.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I reckon Shipperz will play as part of the first 11 when all are fit at least some of the time.

I can see the two ACM's being two from Allen, O'Hare and Shipley, with the choice depending on the oppostion etc. If we're looking to control the game I reckon O'Hare will start, if we want to get off to a solid start I reckon Allen and Shipley could well be the desired pairing with O'Hare being the more attacking option from the bench later on.

ccfcway

———————-Marosi—————
——pask——mcfaz—-hyam—-—-
Dacosta————-—-————Giles
——-kelly——hamer——Allen——-
————-o’hare—————————
———————-godden—————-

DannyThomas_1981

Why do people want us to play 5311 instead of the system that worked last season?

I actually saw last year's system as 5311 vs. the midfield box - particularly when we played O'Hare in the free AM/10 position.

But on the other hand I see your point Shmmeee; you could argue with Shipley in the side it's a box in midfield as he's very advanced. Trying to think how often Shipley and O'Hare played together last season?

Sky Blue Harry H

Glad there is another 5 weeks until season start because personally dont think we're anywhere near

With our budget you can't be expecting more than 2 additional players in - and we had a really good side last year. Obviously lost Walsh, but think we've already improved the squad overall.

shmmeee

I actually saw last year's system as 5311 vs. the midfield box - particularly when we played O'Hare in the free AM/10 position.

But on the other hand I see your point Shmmeee; you could argue with Shipley in the side it's a box in midfield as he's very advanced. Trying to think how often Shipley and O'Hare played together last season?

Maybe. I actually think at times Shipley plays as a strike partner to Godden as well. All those AM players are very versatile.

Saddlebrains

With our budget you can't be expecting more than 2 additional players in - and we had a really good side last year. Obviously lost Walsh, but think we've already improved the squad overall.

Personally feel we're lacking thats all.

Pask and Drysdale however much we have hopes for them arent tested. And mcfadz, although championship experience, is getting on. So for me a decent CB is needed.

And if we go into a season in the championship with Baka and Max as back up if Godden is injured i dont hold out much hope for goals.

For me its 2 more, 3 at a push

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think we need a fair few starters to come in. Most likely from the continent due to cost. Some options:

Franz Crudite
Jerome Amuse-Bouche
Phillippe Horsdoeuvre
Christian Canape
Jorge Tapas
Louis Volauvent

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We're no where near ready attacking wise. The core of the squad is good but we will need to score more goals this season.

I actually think we need two strikers decent strikers, or one very good one.

Not sure what the Pask love in is all about either. He certainly has a lot of potential but the way some people talk about him is like we have an unused Vincent Kompany or something.

Users who are viewing this thread