Standing Numbers?! (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Couldn't make it last night, still stuck up in Liverpool but managed to listen to the game, and sold my ticket on for face value. As a favour out of pure interest, could anyone tell me what sort of numbers we had persistently standing? I'm guessing about 1500 near the scoreboard, only a couple of hundred at a push at the back of the telegraph stand, but i wondered if many of cov fans in the Jewson stand (where the away fans usually go) upto the crewe fans were stood most of the game??! If someone who went could have a go would be much appreciated? Part of some research for a Safe Standing project.

Jealous of everyone that could make it, a sell out night game always has a certain buzz. From the radio, even my colleagues said that it sounded all coventry pressure/chances, apart from when crewe had their 4 attacks.

MichaelCCFC

Couldn't make it last night, still stuck up in Liverpool but managed to listen to the game, and sold my ticket on for face value. As a favour out of pure interest, could anyone tell me what sort of numbers we had persistently standing? I'm guessing about 1500 near the scoreboard, only a couple of hundred at a push at the back of the telegraph stand, but i wondered if many of cov fans in the Jewson stand (where the away fans usually go) upto the crewe fans were stood most of the game??! If someone who went could have a go would be much appreciated? Part of some research for a Safe Standing project.

Jealous of everyone that could make it, a sell out night game always has a certain buzz. From the radio, even my colleagues said that it sounded all coventry pressure/chances, apart from when crewe had their 4 attacks.

What's the research you're doing about Safe Standing? I'd agree with Jacko's reply but sadly, as I'd love to see the return of standing, there were a lot of stewards and police keeping the standing crewe and city fans apart, and it was the first time in a long while I've seen stuff being thrown. I don't know what the relationship is between sitting/standing and crowd behaviour but after a brilliant atmosphere for most of the game some of the stuff that went on towards the end would be used by some people as evidence of why standing shouldn't be allowed. Having said that, when we've stood at away games the atmosphere has been great and there's been no problems

LewSkyBlue

I was saying during the game that i was surprised to see the whole ground just sit down straight away. Dont know what it is about standing that makes the atmosphere better. At HR a game like that would of ha the whole west terrace stood up and the north end stood up too. Would like to see the jewson stand opened up more for home fans and would like to see standing come back but it will never happen

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

What's the research you're doing about Safe Standing? I'd agree with Jacko's reply but sadly, as I'd love to see the return of standing, there were a lot of stewards and police keeping the standing crewe and city fans apart, and it was the first time in a long while I've seen stuff being thrown. I don't know what the relationship is between sitting/standing and crowd behaviour but after a brilliant atmosphere for most of the game some of the stuff that went on towards the end would be used by some people as evidence of why standing shouldn't be allowed. Having said that, when we've stood at away games the atmosphere has been great and there's been no problems

It's to do with the correlation (or differences) between a teams home and away support, in terms of atmosphere, approach to support and numbers standing. Obviously i know most of our support stand the whole game for away games. So if you had to guess on the numbers stood in the jewson and scoreboard corner?? What are you alluding to what happened at he end of the game? other than that div running on.. if you could expand that would be great, ta.

100 miles from Cov.

In block 16 row S last night and everyone around us were standing. Sat down for half time just like the old west terrace days. Then up again for 2nd half.

D

Deleted member 4439

I was saying during the game that i was surprised to see the whole ground just sit down straight away. Dont know what it is about standing that makes the atmosphere better. At HR a game like that would of ha the whole west terrace stood up and the north end stood up too. Would like to see the jewson stand opened up more for home fans and would like to see standing come back but it will never happen

Away fan base consists largely of the young and fit, plus the not-so-young-but-still-able-to stand-for-90 mins folk (like me). Home fan support, including regular supporters, is a mix ranging from kids to ladies and gents in their 60s, 70s and beyond. As much as I would have preferred to stand, there is a respect to others that is required.

Waldorf

Maybe the Trust can get the Safe Standing roadshow to the Ricoh, to show how it can be done, eg as at Bumdesliga stadia.

maybe when we play big teams at the ricoh i.e. man utd spurs chelsea villa etc we could give away fans the same amount we gave crewe... just a thought

Users who are viewing this thread