Standing in the pissing rain at Forest Green. (1 Viewer)

Monners

Was a very bad day. We were dreadful, and I had a stinking cold

Local beer was good though (am I glass half full?)

wantageskyblue

Let me add Swindon away on a Tuesday or Wednesday then. Left after work with my usual crowd in the car about 5. Accident on whatever motorway you have to take and arrived at half time. No card machine at the random living room window they called a kiosk and so borrowed the cash from my brother. Saw from about 50 mins onward to see that lad we had on loan whose name I can’t recall score. Then took about 2.5 hours to get home as the same motorway was closed. Thankfully it wasn’t my turn to drive so beers were had in the passenger seat. Work was a challenge the next day.
IIRC it was Duckens Nazon with a cracking finish

wantageskyblue

Yes that Oxford away game was the lowest point for me. Checkatrade and L2 final helped us get rid of the losing mentality that has dogged us for years. Finally that 1st home game this season v Southend - there was a real unity between the club and fans that I have rarely seen in 45 years of watching us.

Evo1883

Remember sitting at Rochdale the season we went down to league 2 thinKing this was the end of this football club and we would fall into non league and Into oblivion. Me and my old man stuck with them and followed them everywhere and it feels so fucking good to be rewarded like this after such a horrible 10/15 years. The last 3 years are what supporting a club should feel like... It's such a great time to be a city fan PUSB

covmark

Remember sitting at Rochdale the season we went down to league 2 thinKing this was the end of this football club and we would fall into non league and Into oblivion. Me and my old man stuck with them and followed them everywhere and it feels so fucking good to be rewarded like this after such a horrible 10/15 years. The last 3 years are what supporting a club should feel like... It's such a great time to be a city fan PUSB
Love this

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Yes, I can imagine you have had some dark dark days following our Sky Blues, I'm sure you will enjoy the evening!. People always say things will turn around but never seems to happen to us, well it has. We can save save the "whys and wherefores" about Ricoh Arena and SISU until another day.

Lets enjoy the day and rest of summer , Corona permitting.

SBbucks

That was hard work that day...
Coppers in the queue were a laugh though...
Rained from when we left Bucks to when we got home. Couldn't see 50 yards on the Severn Bridge. Highlight of that day was the save from Burge, one of the best I've ever seen live. We were happy to scramble a point as we had a guaranteed 3 points coming up against Yeovil on Easter Monday. That went well ;-)

Losing 6-2 at home to Yeovil

losing 4 - 1 away at Shrewsbury

losing 3 - 1 away at Bristol Rovers soaked

Newport away soaked

and let’s not start on the Fa cup

all worth it now though

clint van damme

Well it seems like it was worth it! Honoured to have supported this club through the dark times, this is the 2nd time my Dad has seen us rising up the divisions, days i never thought i'd experience with him a few years ago! Pretty emotional and extremely proud tonight! Bring on next season and the beautiful football the City play. PUSB
Like many on here I was at both of them.

Was it worth it? Was it fuck!!

SBbucks

Yes that Oxford away game was the lowest point for me. Checkatrade and L2 final helped us get rid of the losing mentality that has dogged us for years. Finally that 1st home game this season v Southend - there was a real unity between the club and fans that I have rarely seen in 45 years of watching us.
The two lowest of the low points: the Oxford game you mentioned (complete lack of effort), and Northampton away in January (poisonous atmosphere, flares and pitch invasions). That was the day we knew we were going down.

Evo1883

Yes, I can imagine you have had some dark dark days following our Sky Blues, I'm sure you will enjoy the evening!. People always say things will turn around but never seems to happen to us, well it has. We can save save the "whys and wherefores" about Ricoh Arena and SISU until another day.

Lets enjoy the day and rest of summer , Corona permitting.
Il be honest, a deal to get back playing in Coventry will be the icing on a great cake, we are no longer the pity boys of football, no longer the laughing stock... There's just 1 more thing to do and everything is where it should be PUSB

Throw in Newport away, monster queue to get into a tinpot ground and stand on an uncovered temporary stand in the pissing rain. Literally drenched to the bone. All to see an average performance culminating in a very fortuitous draw. Worth it in the end.
Remember that ! Was on the way to watch AJ / Parker in Cardiff .. stopped off to watch the game .. Piss wet through..

jordan210

I really enjoyed the Oxford game well until we gifted them 2 goals. Was a shame we dint win as the melt down from the Oxford fans was amazing.

Funny when we played the preseason game at Swindon you would never have thought that you would be watching two EFL champions

Alex1987

Worst moments I attended:
Oxford Away (4-1 defeat)
Charlton Away (3-0 defeat, already knew we were going down)
Morecombe Away (1-1 FA Cup)
Cambridge Away (2-1 League defeat)

And there were plenty more I didn't attend!

Sbarcher

The league game at Swindon, 2 or 3 years ago when it was pissing it down and most of our fans were getting drenched in the open stand. I was cosy in the 1920's Arkell's stand and we were chanting - We're in the dry.......
The following year I was in the open end and it was roasting hot and sunny, came away red raw!

Alex1987

The only time I came close to throwing in the towel supporting this club was Cambridge Away in the FA Cup. Nearly went but was just happy at home putting up the Christmas Tree glad that I didn't!

Irish Sky Blue

Worst moments I attended:
Oxford Away (4-1 defeat)
Charlton Away (3-0 defeat, already knew we were going down)
Morecombe Away (1-1 FA Cup)
Cambridge Away (2-1 League defeat)

And there were plenty more I didn't attend!
The Cambridge defeat you mention was actually a decent performance and one of many games we should have won but didn’t. The team were actually applauded off that day.
The worst ever performance by any professional sports team in the history of sport must be our 2-0 home defeat to Southend in an evening game at the Ricoh. Robins’ third game since his return and probably only about 4K in attendance despite what the official figure was. We were abject, totally devoid of any redeemable feature, particularly fight. We were two down to two quick first half goals and never looked like even having an attempt on their goal. It shows the magic that Robins has worked to take us from that to where we are now.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

The league game at Swindon, 2 or 3 years ago when it was pissing it down and most of our fans were getting drenched in the open stand. I was cosy in the 1920's Arkell's stand and we were chanting - We're in the dry.......
The following year I was in the open end and it was roasting hot and sunny, came away red raw!

That's happened twice there, I was in that stand just before christmas 2013, I think we lost 2-1. Got absolutely drenched. Same again 2015 when we drew 2-2.

Alex1987

The Cambridge defeat you mention was actually a decent performance and one of many games we should have won but didn’t. The team were actually applauded off that day.
The worst ever performance by any professional sports team in the history of sport must be our 2-0 home defeats to Southend in an evening game at the Ricoh. Robins’ third game since his return and probably only about 4K in attendance despite what the official figure was. We were abject, totally devoid of any redeemable feature, particularly fight. We were two down to two quick first half goals and never looked like even having an attempt on their goal. It shows the magic that Robins has worked to take us from that to where we are now.

It was more the realisation we weren't going to boss League 2 for me. I think that took us down to about 7-8th in the league

Joy Division

Morecambe away in League 2. Horrible day, horrible place , horrible atmosphere, horrible performance. The Championship seemed a long way away that day.

no_loyalty

Walsall away in the league last season was pretty bad, winning 1-0 with a minute to go then losing 2-1.

jto123

Anybody able to tell me if there have been any squad survivors from the checkatrade trophy win to this promotion? Jodi Jones and Jordan Shipley perhaps?

Alex1987

Anybody able to tell me if there have been any squad survivors from the checkatrade trophy win to this promotion? Jodi Jones and Jordan Shipley perhaps?

If I remember correctly Shipley hadn't played for us by then, made is debut at Scunthorpe away last game of that season? I think Callum Maycock was similar in that he was at the club but hadn't played (he's still here right?)

SBbucks

I really enjoyed the Oxford game well until we gifted them 2 goals. Was a shame we dint win as the melt down from the Oxford fans was amazing.

Funny when we played the preseason game at Swindon you would never have thought that you would be watching two EFL champions

I was talking about the relegation season, not the 3-3 this season...

Adge

That Northampton away game was a real low point for me, no effort from a bunch of spineless morons, flares and fans on the pitch/constant interruptions to the game and an inevitable slide down to L2 without even a whimper.
The job that Robins and his team have done to turn our fortunes around from that mess is nothing short of a miracle.

wingy

Cryin in the rain.
It was a kind of soso love
And I'm gonna make sure it never happens again .

Users who are viewing this thread