Stand up if you've never watched Wasps (4 Viewers)

torchomatic

I can go live with that.

Both moved for business reasons.
Sisu to get the Ricoh cheap and 'maybe' help CCFC
Wasps to get a permanent home and not rely solely on ticket revenues.
One did it properly the other over did it.

Rubbish. As has been said a million times. Wasps could have had a stadium in London. They didn't need to move 85 miles, though you will hypocritically defend them whatever, so no need to reply.

torchomatic

On that reasoning, if a new owner of ccfc was to put forward a business case that we'd be better off 80 miles away you'd be ok with that

It's all fine if it's "business reasons" apparently.

italiahorse

Rubbish. As has been said a million times. Wasps could have had a stadium in London. They didn't need to move 85 miles, though you will hypocritically defend them whatever, so no need to reply.

So why didn't they do it ? It wasn't to spite their fans, Sisu or CCFC.
Perhaps they couldn't finance it or perhaps they didn't want to rent off a football club.
The Ricoh was a cheap option and vacant thanks to our idiot owners.
It remains a risk based on success but it seems to be going to plan.

Skyblueweeman

Looking forward CCFC in the PL would be of great benefit to Wasps.

Just reading the rest of the thread and seen this (promise I’m not only picking on yours...you just make points that quell my thirst for a response!)

So we’re successful and it’ll benefit Wasps?! In what world should any self respecting Cov fan think that it would be good for any success we have, to benefit another professional sports team?! “Brilliant, we’ve just won promotion to the EPL and the monies that come with it. Can’t wait to see how it will benefit another sports team”.

Come on Italia...you’re a sensible poster (ie. you’re not ‘gobby’) but really??

Do you think if Wasps won the European Cup, that we’d benefit?! I can give you the answer to that.

Absolutely not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

italiahorse

On that reasoning, if a new owner of ccfc was to put forward a business case that we'd be better off 80 miles away you'd be ok with that
As I said I'd be out.
In fact, anybody else struggling this year and saying they are not renewing next season before Xmas rather than after as normal ??

joemercersaces

It’s really very simple. We are where we are, Wasps own and inhabit the stadium that was built for us so as things stand we no longer have a ground.

As CCFC supporters where do we want to be? In our own ground presumably.

How will that come to pass? If Wasps financial gamble fails, that’s how.

How will their financial gamble fail if CCFC supporters give them money?

Ergo, no CCFC supporters should give Wasps a single penny.

And that’s not even beginning to talk about Cov RFC!

italiahorse

Just reading the rest of the thread and seen this (promise I’m not only picking on yours...you just make points that quell my thirst for a response!)

So we’re successful and it’ll benefit Wasps?! In what world should any self respecting Cov fan think that it would be good for any success we have, to benefit another professional sports team?! “Brilliant, we’ve just won promotion to the EPL and the monies that come with it. Can’t wait to see how it will benefit another sports team”.

Come on Italia...you’re a sensible poster (ie. you’re not ‘gobby’) but really??

Do you think if Wasps won the European Cup, that we’d benefit?! I can give you the answer to that.

Absolutely not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If we were renting off Wasps and we were in the PL/Championship they would gain from us big time.
The art is to get us there (!!) and on the way use that leverage on all CCFC related incomes.
I'm pretty sure that Wasps know this and once Sisu are out the way a long term deal will be rolled out.
It will NOT happen under Sisu.
The art is to get the income balance right. Too low and CCFC will not progress, too high and Wasps will not satisfy their shareholders.
Whether ii's actually possible is an unknown, but rest assured if it does not happen both clubs could fold.

letsallsingtogether

Just read a cracking article about Cov in The Rugby paper.
Title.
Coventry roll on after Wasps give them a sting.

It is all about how Cov have been pushed into overdrive due to local pride caused by Wasps moving in

It goes on about how The once Proud Cov were the Wasps of there day.
How they are attracting over 2000 fans how they may spendd 1.5 M on a 4G pitch sprinklers and new floodlights
I would post it on here but not sure how to do it on my phone.

italiahorse

Just read a cracking article about Cov in The Rugby paper.
Title.
Coventry roll on after Wasps give them a sting.

It is all about how Cov have been pushed into overdrive due to local pride caused by Wasps moving in

It goes on about how The once Proud Cov were the Wasps of there day.
How they are attracting over 2000 fans how they may spendd 1.5 M on a 4G pitch sprinklers and new floodlights
I would post it on here but not sure how to do it on my phone.

Coventry on the roll again after Wasps gave them a sting | The Rugby Paper

Generally Midfield

I usually start moaning about not renewing my season ticket about March. I'm a little early this year.

Fair play to you for still having a ST, I gave mine up this season, but on wasps/ccfc/moving grounds I'm afraid I don't understand your reasoning - although to be fair I equally don't understand people who criticise wasps but were ok with us being at NTFC.

Grendel

So why didn't they do it ? It wasn't to spite their fans, Sisu or CCFC.
Perhaps they couldn't finance it or perhaps they didn't want to rent off a football club.
The Ricoh was a cheap option and vacant thanks to our idiot owners.
It remains a risk based on success but it seems to be going to plan.

Welcome back.

Going to plan at the JLR stadium is it?

italiahorse

Welcome back.

Going to plan at the JLR stadium is it?

Why, did they rename it while I was away?
Or is it we are still waiting for CCFC to sign up for a long term deal ?
You will need to wait until Sisu go for the new sponsor (or take my word for it !!)

Thanks for the welcome .... I'm touched. (waits for reality ..............)

Grendel

Why, did they rename it while I was away?
Or is it we are still waiting for CCFC to sign up for a long term deal ?
You will need to wait until Sisu go for the new sponsor (or take my word for it !!)

Thanks for the welcome .... I'm touched. (waits for reality ..............)

Nope not on the radar - same as the Higgs sponsorship for redevelopment

All smoke and mirrors.

peeler

Fare enough....

Fair enough.....
emoji106.png

Irish Sky Blue

You and others are right but surely it's about where we are now rather than how we got here?
I am not going to waste energy hating Wasps and wishing they would be elsewhere as it is not going to happen.
We need to look forward to how we can get the club back to its rightful place. Brighton went through its own hell and are now in the top tier, we should use them as our template.
With or without Wasps, Sisu or a new owner the club needs its fanbase to move beyond NOPM.
I agree, there is nothing we can do about it now but I still think it is right to challenge the notion that it is okay for Wasps to be here. It is amazing how many people I have met in both Coventry and Birmingham who go to their games but don’t see that there is anything wrong with them being in Coventry.
I also agree about Brighton. Of all of the clubs that have had despicable owners and who have suffered because of it, I think theirs is the nearest story to ours. Turned out of the Goldstone ground, forced to play home games in Gillingham, presumably like us, hardly any infrastructure left. and yet they have shown what can be done with owners that care.
With new owners you would hope that CCC would be sympathetic towards the club and if it is needed, as Wasps show no sign of going back to where they belong, help to find a new site inside the city for the football club’s own stadium.

letsallsingtogether

So they could have had a stadium in London how much would it have cost?

The land alone would have been dearer then the Ricoh.
Not sticking up for them, but honestly people keep say in that they could have moved to london.
A Club that supposedly had little money moving to one of the dearest areas in the world great business sense thar would have been.

letsallsingtogether

went on last sisu out march and if there's anything ant-wasps I'll be there too!
We had a couple no one bothered.
Only 3 turned up for their first game at the Ricoh that gave them a feeling of acceptance.
Too late now they are settled in and Wasps fans to be honest probebly don't give a Damn.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not sticking up for them, but honestly people keep say in that they could have moved to london.
A Club that supposedly had little money moving to one of the dearest areas in the world great business sense thar would have been.

Could they not have shared with West Ham at the tax payers stadium and West Ham don’t seem to pay too much.

They have done everything that I thought sisu would have done come in and mortgaged the arena.

Hobo

I would think they moved to where they thought the best deal for them was. (I am not saying that is right or ethical).

I would of thought out of spite to Coventry City FC and SISU would have been pretty low on their list of priorities.

Personally I was disappointed at the lack of protest from their fans. I even joined their forum to stir up some rebellious support. It just didn't happen, the dissenters were well in the minority.

Makes you realise how good some of our protests were despite certain fans trying to ridicule the efforts of many.

Grendel

So if sisu moved to Belfast with the FL permission and they could build a cheap stadium and make a return you’d support that?

Or if Huddersfield town found that they needed to move south to a bigger stadium to be a premier club for the long term you’d support that?

Wow you and fisher are two peas from the same pod. He’d say exactly what you’ve said if we moved.

Grendel

I would think they moved to where they thought the best deal for them was. (I am not saying that is right or ethical).

I would of thought out of spite to Coventry City FC and SISU would have been pretty low on their list of priorities.

Personally I was disappointed at the lack of protest from their fans. I even joined their forum to stir up some rebellious support. It just didn't happen, the dissenters were well in the minority.

Makes you realise how good some of our protests were despite certain fans trying to ridicule the efforts of many.

Didn’t 50% of their regular fans sign a petition. We keep being told without sisu we’d have 20,000 fans. Where is the protests from them?

italiahorse

So if sisu moved to Belfast with the FL permission and they could build a cheap stadium and make a return you’d support that?

Or if Huddersfield town found that they needed to move south to a bigger stadium to be a premier club for the long term you’d support that?

Wow you and fisher are two peas from the same pod. He’d say exactly what you’ve said if we moved.
wtf are you on about ?

Users who are viewing this thread