St Mirren/Cov City (1 Viewer)

Danceswithhorses

[Tenuous link alert]
So, St. Mirren are in the Scottish cup final for the first time since 1987.
Is this a coincidence or is history repeating itself, ie Cov City will also make it to the JPT cup final ?
Lets hope 1987's results happens all over again :claping hands:

Otis

Wow...it could be the famous treble :guitar2:

Make that a quadruple!

In 1987 Kylie Monogue released 'I should be so lucky.' And now we will be lucky.

Can I just add, the whole thread hangs by the tiniest of strands here.

Also, in 1987, Fulton McKay died. He played the prison officer Mr. McKay in Porridge. Porridge also starred Ronnie Barker. Barker played Fletch, who was a Londoner.

The JPT final is ..... at Wembley ..... which is in LONDON!!

It's fate! It's destiny! It's written in stone!! :facepalm:

CovisGod

Make that a quadruple!

In 1987 Kylie Monogue released 'I should be so lucky.' And now we will be lucky.

Can I just add, the whole thread hangs by the tiniest of strands here.

Also, in 1987, Fulton McKay died. He played the prison officer Mr. McKay in Porridge. Porridge also starred Ronnie Barker. Barker played Fletch, who was a Londoner.

The JPT final is ..... at Wembley ..... which is in LONDON!!

It's fate! It's destiny! It's written in stone!! :facepalm:

Hahaahahahahahahaha!

Otis

The number thing with the years is interesting though it has to be said.

1987. You add those numbers up, 1+9+8+7 = 25. 2+5 is 7.

You add up 2013 and you get, 2+0+1+3 = 6.

7 minus 6 is 1.

And we are the one whose name is on the cup!

blueflint

otis thats clutching at straws big time but you could be right which makes me as guilty as you

Danceswithhorses

not true they lost to rangers 1 -0 in 2010 despite rangers only having 9 men left on the pitch

According to wikipedia (the fountain of all knowledge), the Scottish Cup final of 2010 result was :

Dundee Utd 3 Ross Co 0

edit...ooops I got it mixed up with the Co-operative Insurance Cup

Last edited:

Danceswithhorses

Good point :facepalm:
But as this is a tenuous thread, i'd like to point out that it still is a Scottish Cup Final, though maybe not the Scottish Cup Final.
Why is it thats words and facts so often get in the way of a good theory ?

aloisiwouldhavescored

I am still waiting to play the 2nd leg v St. Mirren in the Anglo Scottish Cup Winners Cup!

They only had the first leg at Highfield Road and never played the away leg.

CTID

Danceswithhorses

I am still waiting to play the 2nd leg v St. Mirren in the Anglo Scottish Cup Winners Cup!

They only had the first leg at Highfield Road and never played the away leg.

CTID

I was just thinking about that too...spooky.
However i concluded that on the balance of probabilities, i'd just forgotten about the second leg, and i didn't want to mention it, for fear of making myself look stupid twice on one thread :whistle:

Danceswithhorses

i thought we lost up there and drew at HR? probably wrong and ill take one for the team for looking stupid
According to wikipedia :

In the 1987–88 season an attempt was made to revive the competition (originally called the Anglo Scottish Cup) as the Anglo Scottish Challenge Cup, pitting the holders of the FA Cup and Scottish Cup against each other, but after a poor attendance for the first leg game between Coventry City and St Mirren, the competition was shelved, with the second leg never played

Users who are viewing this thread