St Andrews travel, parking & drinking (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Looks like I’ll be frequenting the Shakespeare pub at New street a few times this season!!!
Do you mean the one near the uni?
No where near new street good 15 minute walk in the wrong direction used to drink there in the 80s cracking pub.

OffenhamSkyBlue

There is a service through Malvern/Malvern Link, to New Street, something like hourly. If I recall it takes around an hour, passing through Worcester and Bromsgrove.
Yeah, roughly hourly from Malvern Link to New Street, takes about 50 mins to New Street, £11.40 off-peak day return.
Also some trains into Moor Street, but seem to take a lot longer than the 5 minutes "hobble" through the underpass from New Street!

Otis

Ummm...how long did people say it takes to drive to St. Andrews?

I'm sure someone said 25 mins from Keresley, where I am.

Had to drive to Brum today and it was 42 mins on the A45. That was to the roundabout by the waste to recycling plant.

Is that the right junction, or do do you turn off before then?

I am planning on bus or train, but was thinking just in case.

WillenhallSkyBlues

Ummm...how long did people say it takes to drive to St. Andrews?

I'm sure someone said 25 mins from Keresley, where I am.

Had to drive to Brum today and it was 42 mins on the A45. That was to the roundabout by the waste to recycling plant.

Is that the right junction, or do do you turn off before then?

I am planning on bus or train, but was thinking just in case.

Best way to go if your parking on the streets by the ground is as your coming up to the Coventry road Asda instead of turning left to go into Birmingham take the 4th exit and then you come onto the road where the ground is. You can park on the streets and walk up a straight road past the row of shops to the ground

CV22SBA

Do you mean the one near the uni?
No where near new street good 15 minute walk in the wrong direction used to drink there in the 80s cracking pub.
It’s right outside New Street so I think you’re thinking of a different pub or one with the same name. It got quite rowdy in there when we last played at Walsall as it was full of Leeds who were playing WBA.

Hobo

Best way to go if your parking on the streets by the ground is as your coming up to the Coventry road Asda instead of turning left to go into Birmingham take the 4th exit and then you come onto the road where the ground is. You can park on the streets and walk up a straight road past the row of shops to the ground
Thats the old Coventry road.

theferret

Is anyone planning to use the pubs close to the ground, I think there is The Roost and Cricketers Arms? They're off limits as an away fan, but should be OK for our games?

Sky Blue Harry H

Thanks for all that info. Was debating parking or train. I live in Warwick so the Bordsley option sounds good to me. Hopefully Chiltern will give us the option on our matchdays too. Might tweet them and see what they say.

Thanks Torchy. Think there will be a few from round here that will use that.

Johnnythespider

Is anyone planning to use the pubs close to the ground, I think there is The Roost and Cricketers Arms? They're off limits as an away fan, but should be OK for our games?
A blues fan i work with has told me not to use The Roost as even when Brum are away it's used by blues fans for coach pick ups.

Garryb80

Yeah, got that, Houch. But am just trying to tie in which is the best actual stop for the ground.

I think it Bordesley. According to Google maps that is 8 mins walk to the ground.
Bordesley is a match day only station so unsure if that counts for our games. Adderley park is our choice and only a 10 minute walk to the ground

Users who are viewing this thread