St Andrews confirmed! (1 Viewer)

Johnnythespider

I want us to play in Coventry, but wouldn't care if I never stepped inside the Ricoh ever again.
I agree with this, ever since the first game it has never really felt like home to me, anyone who genuinely wants to build us a new stadium in Cov, or buy the Ricoh lock stock and then connect ownership to the club gets my vote.

Liquid Gold

Yep, get all that and very valid.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen a supporters club place built on the waste ground the other side of the train track at the Ricoh
The abandoned building at the bottom of Burbages Lane could have made a great pre match venue too.

Liquid Gold

Why not just move there permanently and be done with it.
This is the problem with Cov fans, will just accept anything that falls into their lap.
He's literally just asking the question and nobody has shown a preference for St Andrews. Calm your tits.

Otis

I would be a lot happier if we had owners that cared about the club a bit more.

Sisu clearly have only their own interests at heart.

I'm not saying Hoffman, but someone who has love for the club would be helpful for sure.

Liquid Gold

If I won the euro millions (which I don't play) then I wouldn't buy the club but I would spend £40m building a stadium in Cov, give the club a 200 year deal on peppercorn rent and hold ownership until a proper supporters trust was set up to take over.

Johnnythespider

Okay, so can just I ask a general question to everyone on here.

If and obviously this is just supposing, IF the only two options were playing at St. Andrews for the next 10-15 years, OR coming back to the Ricoh, what would you choose?

Just wondering if people WOULD actually choose St. Andrews over the Ricoh. Some seem to prefer it right now, but would you accept the situation and prefer it on a long term basis?
I don't think there is anyone who doesn't want us playing in Coventry, it's a shit situation, we're just looking on the bright side of life. Ricoh or new stadium aside it's the blues ground for a while.

Otis

If I won the euro millions (which I don't play) then I wouldn't buy the club but I would spend £40m building a stadium in Cov, give the club a 200 year deal on peppercorn rent and hold ownership until a proper supporters trust was set up to take over.
If I won, I'd buy the Ricoh and immediately kick out Wasps.

Irish Sky Blue

It will never happen I know but having the stadium right in the heart of the city would breathe new life into the place. There were plans to redevelop the precinct around the City Arcade, Shelton Square, Bull Yard area which have now been shelved as the viability of the city centre as simply a shopping centre is in question. Why not build a stadium there, right in the heart of the city which would bring thousands of extra potential customers on up to thirty occasions a year? If the development contained shops and housing, this too would up the vibrancy of the area. A stadium capable of holding concerts, conferences, exhibitions and with a hotel built in would add to the footfall. Some visitors/away fans would no doubt stay over in the city and visit the Cathedral, Spon Street and the Motor Museum.
The High Street and city centres are dying because people’s priorities and habits have changed. Without some sort of innovation it is hard to see how Coventry city centre can flourish again. Something along the lines of this development would help.

Grendel

Okay, so can just I ask a general question to everyone on here.

If and obviously this is just supposing, IF the only two options were playing at St. Andrews for the next 10-15 years, OR coming back to the Ricoh, what would you choose?

Just wondering if people WOULD actually choose St. Andrews over the Ricoh. Some seem to prefer it right now, but would you accept the situation and prefer it on a long term basis?

That’s a loaded question due to the timescale - reduce to 3-4 years and return to a completely new stadium and you’ll get a different answer

The truth is it’s a poor ground for many reasons - especially facilities and locality.

Otis

That’s a loaded question due to the timescale - reduce to 3-4 years and return to a completely new stadium and you’ll get a different answer

The truth is it’s a poor ground for many reasons - especially facilities and locality.
Yes, I realise that. I was just trying to gauge how long people would be happy staying in Birmingham.

Definitely would have been different answer if I had suggested 3 years.

fernandopartridge

It will never happen I know but having the stadium right in the heart of the city would breathe new life into the place. There were plans to redevelop the precinct around the City Arcade, Shelton Square, Bull Yard area which have now been shelved as the viability of the city centre as simply a shopping centre is in question. Why not build a stadium there, right in the heart of the city which would bring thousands of extra potential customers on up to thirty occasions a year? If the development contained shops and housing, this too would up the vibrancy of the area. A stadium capable of holding concerts, conferences, exhibitions and with a hotel built in would add to the footfall. Some visitors/away fans would no doubt stay over in the city and visit the Cathedral, Spon Street and the Motor Museum.
The High Street and city centres are dying because people’s priorities and habits have changed. Without some sort of innovation it is hard to see how Coventry city centre can flourish again. Something along the lines of this development would help.
The council have bought up all that land so a CCFC stadium is a non starter

Voice_of_Reason

Just putting it out there for discussion, not stating a fact or my own opinion. How will not going to St.Andrews have any effect on SISU ? They have budgeted to fund next season and any loss of income can be set against tax. It won't really effect them ?

Nick

Administrator
Just putting it out there for discussion, not stating a fact or my own opinion. How will not going to St.Andrews have any effect on SISU ? They have budgeted to fund next season and any loss of income can be set against tax. It won't really effect them ?
How does that work?

luwalla

I really like the idea of Hearsall Common, but that would never happen either.
Not sure common land can be sold... either way I think a central location is unrealistic these days.

Perfect bit of land would be on the a45 at Whitley going towards Cov airport. Massive bit of land, great access off a45 and ready to build on. I thought jag were building on it but apparently that’s been shelved or at least put on hold

WillenhallSkyBlues

Not sure common land can be sold... either way I think a central location is unrealistic these days.

Perfect bit of land would be on the a45 at Whitley going towards Cov airport. Massive bit of land, great access off a45 and ready to build on. I thought jag were building on it but apparently that’s been shelved or at least put on hold

Shite location. They’d have to do so much regarding public transport links that far down the a45 from toll bar island. Not to mention the only places within like a 3 mile radius that sell beer is the festival in fenside, willenhall social club and the chace hotel on London road.

luwalla

Brighton did it, in a very similar location. Absolutely nothing around their ground. Right off a dual carriageway. All contained. People go , they drink and eat at the ground and they bugger off.

WillenhallSkyBlues

Yeah but Brighton have a train station that serves the ground from the town centre. People get pissed in the town then jump on the train. You can’t expect people to get pissed in town then jump on the 21 from town and walk ten minutes from pc world

Ricketts

But if you listen to the Brian Richardson interviews, all stadiums are financed by retail. So the stadium would have a retail park, so presumably restaurants and pubs too.

Terry_dactyl

Cardiff does very well out of having a stadium in a central location. It becomes gridlocked for big events but it’s not like that all the time.
In fact the Cardiff fc are not too far away from the centre either and Cardiff blues are basically next door to the millennium stadium.

SkyblueBri

Probably. Also they'll need to speak to coach providers. Unfortunately due to St. Andrew's being announced half way through June those within the club are under pressure to sort about five things at once at the moment. So, you may want to send an email in or contact them on Twitter to give them a gentle reminder.
I got this reply;
Hello,

We are waiting to hear if the Club will be putting any matchday travel on to St Andrews.

As soon as we know information will be on our official website,

Kind regards

Lorraine Mulvey

Ticketing Assistant

robbiekeane

As I said, just putting it out there for discussion.
Absolutely pathetic really.

Here’s some nonsensical bullshit that makes no sense at all but I’m going to add “putting it out there for discussion” so I can deflect any questions because even I know it’s bullshit.

Get a life

Sky Blue Harry H

Yeah but Brighton have a train station that serves the ground from the town centre. People get pissed in the town then jump on the train. You can’t expect people to get pissed in town then jump on the 21 from town and walk ten minutes from pc world[/QUOTE]

Where in the world is that?

Users who are viewing this thread