St Andrews confirmed! (1 Viewer)

MTK

I’m so disappointed. For purely practical reasons I won’t be renewing a long standing season ticket. I worry about the consequences of this for the Club in the long term. Unlike the Northampton season, I blame Wasps as much as if not more so than SISU for where we are. I can’t do St Andrews every other week though and I’m sure many people will be in a similar position.

Mr Panda

Is it possible to go direct to Bordesley?

Would be good if CCFC got in contact with rail companies and negotiated a direct Coventry>Bordelsey route.

theferret

Vodafone will be sponsoring some aspects of stadium sponsorship i think, as well as W*sps shirt sponsor, but it remains the Ricoh Arena, AFAIK.

...and those naming rights, which are overdue for renewal, will be worth a lot less without us being there. On top of that, there'll be 300,000 fewer visits to the Ricoh next season (possibly more if we get a couple of big cup ties), impacting on everything from parking revenues to catering to hotel stays. Given their financial woes, this is a big gamble for them. Just hope it doesn't pay off.

Nick

Administrator
It's interesting that both Wasps and CCC are being vague about the legals whereas SISU get quite specific. Why couldn't they have gone about that approach 10 years ago?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

What amazes me is while the Tories and Labour fight like cat and dog all over the country, ( and in fight as well).
The local councillors get along just fine, pursue the same agendas and are totally interchangeable.

Depends. When working in Westminster there are constant cross-party talks and committees. Privately a number of them from different parties get on very well on a personal level. But when needed they put on the tribal hats for the media. Nationally most of the fighting recently has been about Brexit, which isn't one party against the other. However, the move to the left under Corbyn by Labour and to the right by Tories to take account of the UKIP/Brexit surge has made it much more polarised.

Same here. Plenty of times Tory has blamed stuff on Labour and vice versa but personality-wise they're probably very alike.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
with me moving back to ireland in 3 weeks it just makes it easier for me to go to games as i can fly direct into birmingham so i can get to more games ive only ever seen us play once ever in my life so be nice see live games.

djr8369

If CCC/wasps think they are innocent in the Euro court stuff why would wasps want CCFC to underwrite Wasps’ costs and any future damages. Surely this would be a non issue.

Remarkably none of the journalists seem to have an issue with a private entity using blackmail to prevent an investigation into the use of taxpayers money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

When I left Winson Green nick some years back I said I'd never return, and it's full of Villa and Birmingham fans, that was enough for me. I can still hear that annoying accent . So it's away games only for me next season, the thought of that city brings back shitty memories !

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It also means the Council legal team kept it to themselves ?

Possibly. Could be poor communication between council and Wasps - council assuming Wasps's knew or something?

However, like you I'd have thought as soon as I knew about it I'd be wanting to get hold of the other organisations involved to inform them.

It could just as easily be that Wasps's were aware, but wanted CCFC to remain at the Ricoh a) for the money and b) to reduce their negative PR in the city so decided to keep quiet so they could enter and conclude negotiations before it became mainstream knowledge. Then with the contract signed they'd say "SISU lied to us about stopping legal proceedings and we wouldn't have started talks had we known. However, now the contract is signed we will honour if for the benefit of CCFC and its fans". That way they get their money and get a few brownie points of some CCFC fans. Then Gilbert announced the EU complaint and that plan was out the window.

ajsccfc

with me moving back to ireland in 3 weeks it just makes it easier for me to go to games as i can fly direct into birmingham so i can get to more games ive only ever seen us play once ever in my life so be nice see live games.

Which was your one match?

Nick

Administrator
Possibly. Could be poor communication between council and Wasps - council assuming Wasps's knew or something?

However, like you I'd have thought as soon as I knew about it I'd be wanting to get hold of the other organisations involved to inform them.

It could just as easily be that Wasps's were aware, but wanted CCFC to remain at the Ricoh a) for the money and b) to reduce their negative PR in the city so decided to keep quiet so they could enter and conclude negotiations before it became mainstream knowledge. Then with the contract signed they'd say "SISU lied to us about stopping legal proceedings and we wouldn't have started talks had we known. However, now the contract is signed we will honour if for the benefit of CCFC and its fans". That way they get their money and get a few brownie points of some CCFC fans. Then Gilbert announced the EU complaint and that plan was out the window.

Or they just used it to move the goalposts to make it impossible to do a deal so it didn't look as if they were kicking the club out...

Ashdown

FFS mate.... that will kill us. This is the time to turn out in numbers week in week out at SA. We’ve done the feck SISU action and it does nothing. Wasps and the Council should now be held to account. Support the team get to SA let’s show the Council the level of support they will be pissing off at the ballot box.
Err except most still keep voting the likes of Robinson back in plus a gaggle of other useless traitors.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If CCC/wasps think they are innocent in the Euro court stuff why would wasps want CCFC to underwrite Wasps’ costs and any future damages. Surely this would be a non issue.

Not necessarily. Although they will normally be awarded there are occasions when costs/damages aren't awarded even if no wrongdoing is found in the complaint. It might also be a means of trying to prevent SISU from obfuscating if that were the case to prolong the time before they had to pay. Don't agree with it personally but for these people money is money.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Which was your one match?

was a boring 0-0 with walsall in nov 2014 at the ricoh was my first game and was freezing my ass off lol, it was great tho actually see the stadium and getting to my first game after since i started supporting coventry in the 94/95 season.

clint van damme

was a boring 0-0 with walsall in nov 2014 at the ricoh was my first game and was freezing my ass off lol, it was great tho actually see the stadium and getting to my first game after since i started supporting coventry in the 94/95 season.

I thought you were at the protest at the wasps game?
Obviously me getting my facts wrong again.

Roger Mellie

Cheers mate, 8ft x5ft aswell, got 200 stickers made up aswell
Are you looking to sell any of the stickers WSB? Would proudly display that one in the car, even if I would get some quizzical looks now I’m based in Shropshire. Great work on the flag btw and good to see it reflects that CCC have screwed over 2 Cov sporting institutions for the price of one...

By the way if there are any other Salop based folk out there who’d like to look at sharing transport for next season then drop me a line.

Ashdown

Thats the spirit!

At this rate our fans will be able to do all 92 league grounds without every going to an away game.
Most people will actually need a spirit when the merits of this shit kicks in and things like getting the kids out of school and on the M6 in time for midweek home games.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Or they just used it to move the goalposts to make it impossible to do a deal so it didn't look as if they were kicking the club out...

I guess. It depends on how far you want to look for a conspiracy.

Like I said they could have been hoping to keep it quiet and get a deal done before anyone realised and thus manage to get the money and not look too bad in the process. When it was put into the public eye that wasn't an option so they asked for the indemnity clause so they could still get the money but save a bit of face if anyone asked why they'd negotiated a deal when legals were still ongoing when they said they wouldn't.

As you say if you want to go a bit tin foil hat you could say they never wanted to agree a deal but didn't want to be seen as the bad guys so started negotiations on a SISU promise they knew to be false (or misleading), made sure Gilbert made it public (probably had to use a third party due to confidentiality agreements) before the contract was concluded and thus attempted to change the contract in a way they knew the club couldn't agree to and thus get rid of us while making SISU at least part culpable.

Users who are viewing this thread