SSN: Sherwood sacked by Villa (1 Viewer)

ceetee

Although I haven't seen JC play for us yet it seems he isn't match fit so AV would be better served leaving him with us at least until he is fit.

stupot07

Not sure why Moyes would quit sociedad for villa. Out of the frying pan and into the fire springs to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

NorthernWisdom

Not sure why Moyes would quit sociedad for villa. Out of the frying pan and into the fire springs to mind.

Villa always strike me as a similar club to Everton mind you - a big club who've been left behind a bit in the modern age, but with enough about them that if you get it right you can do alright in the top flight, and now again go even better.

stupot07

Villa always strike me as a similar club to Everton mind you - a big club who've been left behind a bit in the modern age, but with enough about them that if you get it right you can do alright in the top flight, and now again go even better.

That's true, but there is literally no money at Villa, and unlike when he went to Everton, because of what he did at Everton expectations at villa would be high. Also interesting talking to my villa season ticket relatives, Villa have a transfer committee so the manager gets little choice of players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I agree but would he get the time now to build like he did at Everton, I remember Everton under Moyes flirted with relegation one or two times. 12 years ago he got the time but now managers are sacked as soon as there is a sniff of relegation.

NorthernWisdom

I agree but would he get the time now to build like he did at Everton, I remember Everton under Moyes flirted with relegation one or two times. 12 years ago he got the time but now managers are sacked as soon as there is a sniff of relegation.

tbf Villa flirt relegation most seasons now, so I reckon they would allow him to do that as long as they stayed up.

Problem with Sherwood is you just can't see what on earth he's trying to do. He's a prime example of a biggish name player who talks quite well, getting top manager jobs when his career suggests he has no right to do so.

Really, he needs to come down to our kind of level (please God, not us!) to prove he can actually manage, and learn to do so!

stupot07

They'll end up going for someone like Brendan Rodgers. They should have binned him off earlier and gone for Allerdyce.

NorthernWisdom

I know Rodgers has previous Chelsea links, but two former Liverpool managers in the space of a couple of years?

Chelsea have made some eccentric choices of manager. Think Grant, Di Matteo etc. And yeah, Benitez was a little bit odd, too, really (if ever there's a man I think's overrated as a manager, he's the one!).

So yeah, the Chelsea links and a contract to the end of the season wouldn't be out of this world IMNSHO.

oscillatewildly

Chelsea have made some eccentric choices of manager. Think Grant, Di Matteo etc. And yeah, Benitez was a little bit odd, too, really (if ever there's a man I think's overrated as a manager, he's the one!).

So yeah, the Chelsea links and a contract to the end of the season wouldn't be out of this world IMNSHO.
Maybe. After all, they've only got the League cup and FA cup to realistically challenge for now.

SkyBlue_Bear83

tbf Villa flirt relegation most seasons now, so I reckon they would allow him to do that as long as they stayed up.

Problem with Sherwood is you just can't see what on earth he's trying to do. He's a prime example of a biggish name player who talks quite well, getting top manager jobs when his career suggests he has no right to do so.

Really, he needs to come down to our kind of level (please God, not us!) to prove he can actually manage, and learn to do so!

Yea but for all we know sherwood could have kept them up this season or Lambert could have kept them up last season. Drop into the bottom 3 as Aston Villa manager and you are gone regardless of whether you can keep them up or not it seems.

bringbackrattles

What a great incentive for us to get promotion this season with Villa hopefully getting relegated ? A local derby and a packed Ricoh so bring it on !

J

Jack Griffin

Doh, why did they sack Tim before he delivered that elusive relegation we all want to see!

Grendel

Doh, why did they sack Tim before he delivered that elusive relegation we all want to see!

Villa may struggle to survive. Allardyce should drag Sunderland out of it - it's what he's good at.
Watford have surprised everyone.
Newcastle, like Villa are creaking and the owners do not seem interested anymore, so it's probably these two Bournemouth and Norwich fighting for survival.
I think there is an air of resignation regarding Villas plight.

Hobo

Remember a lot of people had Leicester relegated last year.

AngryAnt

Remember a lot of people had Leicester relegated last year.

I don't know about last year, but the bookies this year have heavily backed villa to go down and they are very rarely wrong. Alot of things could change, but I think as people said, there seems to be a resignation about them this year. I'm tempted to put a £1 bet on them to stay up, just to make sure they go down :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

rupert_bear

Big problem at Villa is their owner Randy Learner wants to sell, almost desperate to sell. So he will make decisions around that, not necessarily what the fans want. They are 4 points behind 17th spot and that's big at prem level. I think Learner might go for a short term quick fix such as Harry Redknapp just to try and keep them up. That might have implications on Joe Cole staying here longer than a month

Last edited:

covcity4life

remi garde is favourite for job, he was lyon manager when joe cole was at lille i think, wonder if he will want him back because cole had a good year in france

Fluffsta

Leicester look so much better than Villa this season. I am sure Villa will finally drop to the championship come end of season.

skybluebeduff

1610961_10153216499624142_3744569702860065027_n.jpg

Attachments

• 1610961_10153216499624142_3744569702860065027_n.jpg
    1610961_10153216499624142_3744569702860065027_n.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

aviles

Villa are the new Coventry of the Premiership, they have been fighting relegation for a while now accepting mediocrity its only a matter of time before the inevitable happens to them! I pray it is this season :D

100 miles from Cov.

Went to the saints vs villa game tonight and was in the villa end. The fans know they are in big trouble. The atmosphere was one of resignation of their plight. Agbonlahor is awful along with the rest of them and the only hope the fans cling onto is that jack grelish can do something. We could play them next season!!

Users who are viewing this thread