Squeaky Bum time (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

We're already safe now. Last 9 of the last 10 seasons 50 points has been enough to survive.

The other year 51 was enough.

You can breathe a sigh of relief.

Mathematically safe (Assuming we can keep our superior goal average)

Otis

Mathematically safe (Assuming we can keep our superior goal average)
Ah, but mathematically we can still win the league too.

I'm straight on to Paddy Power to have a pony on our finishing as champions!!

p.s. How much is a pony?

thewards5579

p.s. How much is a pony?
Depends if its a thoroughbred or not

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Tapatalk

Johhny Blue

p.s. How much is a pony?

Otis, you've made my day. Being a typical long term city fan I don't look up. I have now renewed my focus to positive thinking.
Right after the Gillingham game I leave for a three week break and have tried to convince myself to not peek at the internet until I return hopefully to soak in victory details of the games against Wigan Millwall and Bradford. (I've broken that promise before though)
Villa here we come.

Gazolba

After today's results, please no-one mention the play-offs again. Now is the opportunity to give the youngsters some playing time.

Otis

After today's results, please no-one mention the play-offs again. Now is the opportunity to give the youngsters some playing time.
I agree.

It surely is over, but TM won't blood kids until it's certain I don't think.

If we really aren't going to make it, then surely the sooner the better we are out of it so we can blood kids in preparation for next season.

Would be nice to see Thomas and Harries and Stevenson and the likes. See if they look good enough for the step up perhaps.

If we can get gems from our academy that is the way to go. Costs you no transfer fee and they also know the club inside out too.

oucho

Otis mate, please stop quoting points totals from recent seasons as a guide to what we need this time. Every season is different.

Gazolba

Otis mate, please stop quoting points totals from recent seasons as a guide to what we need this time. Every season is different.

Different but with many similarities. One constant is that you get zero points for a loss. That point seems to be the one most affecting us recently. Also our rivals have figured out that a win gets you three points. And of course three is always more than zero. every season.

Otis

They are all different, but in the history of the league play-off system 69 points has been the lowest ever points tally ever needed.

51 points has been enough to avoid relegation.

If these stats manifests themselves every year, then why would we choose to ignore them?

69 points has been the lowest ever points total to achieve 6th place.

6th place at the moment already has 62 points. They only need a measly 7 points from 7 games to equal that.
Even a poor return from 7 games would reach that.

This season it will be more than 69 points.

The points total we need to aim for has to come into consideration.

Fact is, you know if you get 90 points, you go up. If you get less than 50 you might well go down.

Of course points totals are important.

Users who are viewing this thread