17 Aaron Phillips
18 Sam Ricketts
20 Marcus Tudgay
21 Aaron Martin
23 Reice Charles-Cook
26 Ryan Haynes
27 George Thomas

skybluepm2

Interesting... Madderz 10, Ruben 8, Stokes 3, Willis 2 stand out for me. Intent that they will play a key role? 13 is vacant, perhaps we can live in hope that it will be given to a decent keeper!

I know they're just numbers and we can't read too much into it as Ricketts is 18 for example but at least we can start guessing.

Also shows how thin our squad remains! I see no numbers have been given to the twins, Lawton or Harries...

matesx

i thought Armstrong was a No10?

not that im even sure what that means these days

kg82

19 players there. Some won't agree, but all 19 can do a job if called on. So I think that's actually not too bad, especially with the addition of 2-3 more.

skybluelee

Could be a good think, or it could knock their confidence for six.

Or it also could mean that they are going out on loan

Not sure about the confidence thing personally. Plus it will keep them honest in their efforts to try and make it and not think they have just because they've been given a professional contract.

lifeskyblue

Looks ok on paper but thin on the ground. A couple more additions I hope will fill a few gaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oakey

Conor at 6? Should be Ricketts.
Wafer thin squad and a sobering read for the happy clappy optimists atm.
Good to see the kids are not given numbers yet.
Hope TM can find a few uncut diamonds in the loan market.

Shake_and_McPake

Facebook User
My main issue with the squad at the minute is the amount of teenagers in the first team numbers. At the end of the day these are kids. We need more men in the first team, with all the will in the world and there's a lot of people who dislike Finch, who i'll use as an example. But he's simply not ready and rushed in. Shouldn't of been anywhere near the first team last year but needs must. Shame for him too, as i'm sure he didn't want to get abused by some of the idiots on here. There's a couple of people in our team who need protecting more, and lets hope TM brings in a few more experienced faces, because young kids unless they're spectacular won't play the whole season without a loss of form or confidence.

Let's hope the squad fills out a bit more. Best we can hope for without a couple of marquee signings is to avoid a relegation battle.

fernandopartridge

My main issue with the squad at the minute is the amount of teenagers in the first team numbers. At the end of the day these are kids. We need more men in the first team, with all the will in the world and there's a lot of people who dislike Finch, who i'll use as an example. But he's simply not ready and rushed in. Shouldn't of been anywhere near the first team last year but needs must. Shame for him too, as i'm sure he didn't want to get abused by some of the idiots on here. There's a couple of people in our team who need protecting more, and lets hope TM brings in a few more experienced faces, because young kids unless they're spectacular won't play the whole season without a loss of form or confidence.

Let's hope the squad fills out a bit more. Best we can hope for without a couple of marquee signings is to avoid a relegation battle.

Kids are the future and our only future. Persisting with seasoned pros / journeymen hasn't exactly did us much good over the years.

kg82

The core of that team is experienced enough. Ricketts, Johnson, Fleck, Vincelot, O'Brien and Tudgay. Not saying all will start, but they'll certainly help.

Juggernaut

Squad numbers literally mean fuck all, so for those saying he should be number 6 over him are talking absolute bollocks.

Get a grip and get a life.

oakey

I know, it's so annoying when people use an Internet forum to express an inoffensive opinion.
:claping hands:

Manchester_sky_blue

Conor at 6? Should be Ricketts.
Wafer thin squad and a sobering read for the happy clappy optimists atm.
Good to see the kids are not given numbers yet.
Hope TM can find a few uncut diamonds in the loan market.

Ricketts wore number 18 at Wolves, lucky number or whatever.

oakey

Managers pick the team. Managers can set the tone by measures like what the players wear etc. This would include squad numbers for me because players are likely to want the same numbers and then you have to adjudicate.
A minor detail but some managers like to manage the small details.

Manchester_sky_blue

Managers pick the team. Managers can set the tone by measures like what the players wear etc. This would include squad numbers for me because players are likely to want the same numbers and then you have to adjudicate.
A minor detail but some managers like to manage the small details.
I don't imagine anyone else wanted 18, Ricketts did, don't see a problem with it

Higgi21

I am one of the 12000 or so supporters who need to be excited enough to be drawn back to the Ricoh week in and week out.Unfortunately this squad doesn't do it for me so it's fishing or other activities for the time being,more of the same at the echo areana me thinks:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Shake_and_McPake

Facebook User
Kids are the future and our only future. Persisting with seasoned pros / journeymen hasn't exactly did us much good over the years.

You're right, and i'm not saying any different. But we need more of a blend. As noted it's unlikely for kids to not suffer a dip in form or confidence due to them being lightweight and getting kicked about. And some of the abuse they receive off of supposed adults in the crowd!

hill83

I am one of the 12000 or so supporters who need to be excited enough to be drawn back to the Ricoh week in and week out.Unfortunately this squad doesn't do it for me so it's fishing or other activities for the time being,more of the same at the echo areana me thinks:rolleyes:

Nice one. All the best. Keep us updated.

H

Huckerby

miss you already

Nick

Administrator

Can't go to watch your team as it's not exciting so go fishing instead? Bet the excitement is off the chart.

lifeskyblue

You will be waiting longer for your first catch than we will for the first goal....mmmm or will that be the other way around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

We'll get someone to let you know when Messi or Ronaldo have signed.

Manchester_sky_blue

I believe Wigan have a lovely squad this season, perhaps they would be more you cup of tea?

ccfcway

Nice one. All the best. Keep us updated.

whilst I don't agree with his post, he is only saying what thousands of others are thinking.

Lets face it, a lot of fans would be very excited about a strike pairing of Robinson and McLeod.

I am not sure he is asking for Ronaldo and Messi

italiahorse

I understand your sentiment and obviously you are not alone.
Hard core fans don't feel like you until about Xmas.
Until then we think we are going to win the league in style.
One year it will happen and you may not have been there for the journey.

ccfcway

I understand your sentiment and obviously you are not alone.
Hard core fans don't feel like you until about Xmas.
Until then we think we are going to win the league in style.
One year it will happen and you may not have been there for the journey.

xmas ?, give it to half time against wigan

Users who are viewing this thread