Squad numbers (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I hear you, but then how does the rest of the squad shake out in a 3421 or 3412 formation like ours?

GK 1 (easy)
RWB 2
LWB 3
RCB 4?
CB 5
LCB 6
CM 8
AM 10
ST 9

Who wears 7 and 11? CM and AM/ST? Madness

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

Frostie

Sure when we first signed Konjic he was given the 9 shirt

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yep.

We've had a few weird ones although caveated that they were usually mid season arrivals & just took an available number:

4. Lloyd Dyer 🤨
5. John Hartson
7. Nathan Clarke 🤢
8. Richard Duffy
9. Mo Konjic

fernandopartridge

Yep.

We've had a few weird ones although caveated that they were usually mid season arrivals & just took an available number:

4. Lloyd Dyer 🤨
5. John Hartson
7. Nathan Clarke 🤢
8. Richard Duffy
9. Mo Konjic

I think the absolute depth of our decline was seeing no 7 Nathan Clarke hopelessly exposed in a home defeat to fellow strugglers Swindon in 2017, such grim times. Though it might have been the direct trigger for Robins' return.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Didn't Tarantini join Blues & was an absolute head case? I'm sure he went into the stands at St Andrews to confront a fan!
giphy.gif

Skybluedownunder

Have we officially announced who is going to be Captain and Vice Captain this season yet?

Seems silly for it to be Kelly as he’s injured and never plays and will be interested to see if it’s Fadz as it will really help us understand how much gametime we think he’s going to be getting this season.

Other than that I can’t really pick a certain player that stands out as a captain to me. I would say Godden could have leadership qualities but I’m not much of a fan having a striker as a captain. Hamer gets stuck in but he can be reckless and a leader should lead by example and not do stupid shit.

Hyam potentially has leadership qualities?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WGABSOOS

Have we officially announced who is going to be Captain and Vice Captain this season yet?

Seems silly for it to be Kelly as he’s injured and never plays and will be interested to see if it’s Fadz as it will really help us understand how much gametime we think he’s going to be getting this season.

Other than that I can’t really pick a certain player that stands out as a captain to me. I would say Godden could have leadership qualities but I’m not much of a fan having a striker as a captain. Hamer gets stuck in but he can be reckless and a leader should lead by example and not do stupid shit.

Hyam potentially has leadership qualities?

If there is no change why would they need to announce anything?

ajsccfc

It's part of football being seasonal, just confirming the details again each year even if it's the same as last.

shmmeee

You lot doing the numbers are all wrong. 4 was never a CB. 4 was always CM. It should've been:

1 - GK
2 - RB
3 - LB
4 - CM
5 - CB
6 - CB
7 - RM
8 - CM
9 - ST
10 - ST
11 - LM

Yeah that’s the classic 442, question is what do you do with a back three and no wingers?

I propose:

1 - GK
2 - RCB
3 - LCB
4 -DM
5 - CB
6 - DM
7 - RWB
8 - AM
9 - ST
10 - ST/AM
11 - LWB

shmmeee

So you honestly think that it’s right for Kelly to be captain when 1) he’s injured for half the season and 2) he wouldn’t get in the lineup anyways?

Surely it’s more about how he is with the group as a whole. If he still commands respect then fair enough, you have a match day captain anyway and it’s mostly a ceremonial role.

ajsccfc

Yeah that’s the classic 442, question is what do you do with a back three and no wingers?

I propose:

1 - GK
2 - RCB
3 - LCB
4 -DM
5 - CB
6 - DM
7 - RWB
8 - AM
9 - ST
10 - ST/AM
11 - LWB

GtRqSyA.png

11 stands out like a sort thumb for me whichever way I try it (note the slightly different shade of blue on the sleeves for that little touch of authenticity)

Users who are viewing this thread