Squad Improvements 21-22 (assuming Championship) (1 Viewer)

Alex1987

This is on the strong assumption we don't lose anyone:

Left Back
Experienced Centre Half - almost a younger McFadz upgrade
Centre Forward - Biamou upgrade (Biamou would ideally be on the bench with Baka released)
O'Hare competition - feel we are light in this position should he be not fit.

Anything else? Feel improvements in the above and holding on to what we have and we could be more comfortable mid-table.

Grendel

This is on the strong assumption we don't lose anyone:

Left Back
Experienced Centre Half - almost a younger McFadz upgrade
Centre Forward - Biamou upgrade (Biamou would ideally be on the bench with Baka released)
O'Hare competition - feel we are light in this position should he be not fit.

Anything else? Feel improvements in the above and holding on to what we have and we could be more comfortable mid-table.

I suspect we will try and let go:

Shipley
Kastaneer
Jobello
Bakayoko
Biamou will no doubt be offered a deal

Of the loans

we don’t know if we can sign Ostigard
mother than sheaf the others will I guess go

So a lot of activity I would guess

Bugsy

I suspect we will try and let go:

Shipley
Kastaneer
Jobello
Bakayoko
Biamou will no doubt be offered a deal

Of the loans

we don’t know if we can sign Ostigard
mother than sheaf the others will I guess go

So a lot of activity I would guess

heard sheaf's mother got big balls thou...PUSB

Terry Gibson's perm

I would hope we will be looking for a goalkeeper, centre half and striker for a start but may need both full backs.

Skybluedownunder

Goalkeeper
Left back
Centre Back - Osti
Centre Mid - Send back Sheaf and sign James & Walsh ;)
Attacking Mid
Striker

I’d like to see Jobello given a chance at Attacking Mid when O’Hare is tiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

CB - left sided pref. Osti returning and Fadz not getting younger. If it could be Osti great, but don't think it will be
LB - unless Reid and Newton really push on in pre-season we're going to need this filling
ST - upgrade on Baka. Some we've been linked with this year that I'd be interested in are Collins, Forss and Hoffman
AM - unless we try to move Hamer forward as a playmaker for the strikers. Other option is Jones if he can get and remain fit. Could see us getting rid of Shipley and Allen to afford it. MR may take another look at Jobello and Hilssner pre-season and make a decision then given his on loan performances and still try to move on Kasta.

After that a GK.

Can see MR bringing in a more DCM like James or Walsh depending on availability and affordability.

Lots to do and probably too much in one window.

rob9872

I'd assume we'll still be one of the lower end budgets,, so the expectations should simply be year on year improvement. Lower end but not in a relegation scrap would be progress and with most of the squad back fit, I don't think we're too far away from that now and will likely come down to the quality of the loan signings we make again.

Samo

Goalkeeper
Left back
Centre Back - Osti
Centre Mid - Send back Sheaf and sign James & Walsh ;)
Attacking Mid
Striker

I’d like to see Jobello given a chance at Attacking Mid when O’Hare is tiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wesley: Good luck waiting for O'Hare to tire!

superskyblue

CB - I think at least two, maybe even 3 with Rose, Hyam and McFadz (if we re-sign him as back ups). I'd like one of these CBs to be a 30 year old version of McFadz. Someone to lead the defence.
LWB - I'd like to think we could get McCallum again but maybe Norwich would prefer him to broaden his experience elsewhere

CM - With Kelly, Sheaf and Hamer we've got a strong core. I'd like 1 more first team level CM e.g. Matty James to feel really confident here.
AM - I think we need at least one maybe two more (one who could play as a winger too would be ideal)

CF - One first choice to partner Walker or Godden. Keep Max as 4th choice. Ideal would be somebody who can be a target man and has a bit of pace but that's probably asking for too much.

I'd let one or both of Shipley/Allen go as well as Kastaneer, Jobello and Baka.

SBT

This is all well and good speculating, but we all know that whatever happens, Robins is going to sign five more central midfielders and someone from the Flemish Second Division who came good on one of Chris Badlan's FM savegames. That'll tide us over until September, when we can bring back McCallum and Ryan Giles on loan.

Winny the Bish

Goalkeeper
Left back - unless Josh Reid is the new Roberto Carlos
CB x2 - or 1 if we get Osti
CM - to replace Shipley/Allen + Matty James on a perm
AM x2 - competition for O'Hare
ST - A good one

Ccfcisparks

Try and get rid of:
Kasta
Jobello
Shipley
Baka
One of Wilson/Marosi

Unlikely to return:
Ostigard
Gyokeres

So that would make 2 AM's, 1 CM, 1 Striker, 1 GK, 2 CB's,

shmmeee

Ideally:

GK
U23 GK
LWB
LCB
CB
U23 CB
More CBs if Fadz or Hyam don’t re-sign
AM
U23 AM
CM
ST
U23 ST

And a DM of Sheaf doesn’t sign or we lose Kelly

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Ideally:

GK
U23 GK
LWB
LCB
CB
U23 CB
More CBs if Fadz or Hyam don’t re-sign
AM
U23 AM
CM
ST
U23 ST

And a DM of Sheaf doesn’t sign or we lose Kelly

What do you think is wrong with the current U23 options than we need to consider replacing?

U23 GK - Billson and Tyler
U23 ST - we just signed Tavares, Bapaga is coming through and Nee is currently top scorer at that level
U23 AM - maybe need a bit more but Burroughs should be persevered with and Evans-Harriott joined last year as an U23 despite being technically academy age. Others like N'Gandu seemed to have stalled but we'll have to see.
U23DF - accept that most of the current lot will likely be moved on (Thompson and Williams) but Drysdale will probably be kept on. Burroughs and McGrath may well move up from academy (although defensively the team hasn't been great)

That's not to say we shouldn't continue to take opportunities if they arise to improve at development level but I think we've got to concentrate more on first team this post-season and largely let the development squad try and do exactly that - develop.

edgy

Maybe unpopular but I would cash in on Godden if there are any decent offers.

Improvements should be sort everywhere, but in priority order:

CAM
ST
LB
CB
GK

shmmeee

What do you think is wrong with the current U23 options than we need to consider replacing?

U23 GK - Billson and Tyler
U23 ST - we just signed Tavares, Bapaga is coming through and Nee is currently top scorer at that level
U23 AM - maybe need a bit more but Burroughs should be persevered with and Evans-Harriott joined last year as an U23 despite being technically academy age. Others like N'Gandu seemed to have stalled but we'll have to see.
U23DF - accept that most of the current lot will likely be moved on (Thompson and Williams) but Drysdale will probably be kept on. Burroughs and McGrath may well move up from academy (although defensively the team hasn't been great)

That's not to say we shouldn't continue to take opportunities if they arise to improve at development level but I think we've got to concentrate more on first team this post-season and largely let the development squad try and do exactly that - develop.

Mostly that they’ve been recruited when we were a L1 side.

GK: Maybe, but we didn’t trust either to sit on the bench suggests we don’t rate them that highly.
ST: Bapaga and Taveres might do something in that quick tricky forward style but I’d want someone who can play target man and Bremang isn’t progressing.
AM: again we’ve had a crisis this season and Kastaneer has got in ahead of any kids which suggests there’s not much coming through.
CB: We play three is all and Drysdale is our only cover assuming Pask moves on and Williams is let go.

Overall I think as part of establishing ourselves as a Championship level club we should have a Championship U23 squad. Probably mostly picked up from elsewhere.

rob9872

A lot of our players are quite young. They're bought or brought through with a view to improving them for use or sale so those that aren't sold (and I fully expect Hamer and possibly Dabo to be sold), then the rest will be a year older, stronger and likely better. I think the improvement to next season if we kept the exact same squad would be measurable and that includes the manager and coaching team also adapting to the level. I'm sure they have their targets but I wouldn't be in such a rush to rip it all up and start over as many are almost suggesting, because the chances of them all working within the budget we'll be playing with, would be exceptionally slim.

All we want is season on season progress and I'd trust the current set up to achieve it. Small changes to enhance, rinse and repeat.

higgs

James Collins and Liam Walsh and Leo Ostigard and Matt James on frees would be good acquisitions to the squad. Sam McCallum back on another loan or maybe a cheeky bid to take him back off Norwich

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stupot07

As a minimum

2xCB (osti if possible plus a left footer)
1x LWB
1x AM
1x Striker better than Godden and Walker

I wouldn't sign Matty James - Hamer, Kelly, Sheaf with Allen should be adequate, and id rather use the money to get a better attacking midfielder to pressure O'Hare and add another option.

Then it depends on which of our contracted players we try and offload.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

A lot of our players are quite young. They're bought or brought through with a view to improving them for use or sale so those that aren't sold (and I fully expect Hamer and possibly Dabo to be sold), then the rest will be a year older, stronger and likely better. I think the improvement to next season if we kept the exact same squad would be measurable and that includes the manager and coaching team also adapting to the level. I'm sure they have their targets but I wouldn't be in such a rush to rip it all up and start over as many are almost suggesting, because the chances of them all working within the budget we'll be playing with, would be exceptionally slim.

All we want is season on season progress and I'd trust the current set up to achieve it. Small changes to enhance, rinse and repeat.

We’ve signed 14 players since promotion, 10 in the summer. I’d expect roughly the same next season.

rob9872

We’ve signed 14 players since promotion, 10 in the summer. I’d expect roughly the same next season.
Agree but that includes 3 or 4 for the development squad and 6 loans. How many regulars in our first XI that we actually own? I think O'Hare, Walker & Hamer and tbh we tried to get Walker in L1 and O'Hare we had on loan in L1.

shmmeee

Agree but that includes 3 or 4 for the development squad and 6 loans. How many regulars in our first XI that we actually own? I think O'Hare, Walker & Hamer and tbh we tried to get Walker in L1 and O'Hare we had on loan in L1.

Yeah three “big signings” O’Hare, Walker, Hamer. A few “gambles/backup” Hilßner, Dacosta. Depends if you count Sheaf or not, I do as I assume he’ll have to be budgeted for. Then as you say five loans at any time.

I’d be happy with the same again. 3/4 first team players and 4/5 loans, plus the odd kid/gamble.

SBAndy

GK (not a clue who)
LCB (Jake Clarke-Salter)
CB (Leo Ostigard)
LWB (Max Clark)
CM (unsure, but probably not Matty James)
2x AM (preferably at least one who can operate as a winger as well, like Marcus Browne)
ST (Sam Surridge)

A man can dream.

ccfc1234

New Goalkeeper - good and bad often starts at the back. I would sell Marosi as he would command the higher fee and I think would be harder to keep happy in the backup role.

LCB - not many about but a left sided CB would be a superb asset. The scouts are on this, I hope.

CB - if we sign the above Hyam could move into the middle. Another CB with pace ideally to come into the team.

Ostigard - if he will take circa 10k a week!?!?

LWB - If Norwich go up another loan could be a real possibility.

CM - Walsh maybe? Did we tap him up after all......? What is the situation we Ben S are we obliged to sign him from Arsenal?

ACM -

Forward x1 - the best ones cost a fair bit. Put money into finding a partnership forward who will also get 10 a season.

In reality much will depend on the offers we get for our players as we could have an unforseen Hammer sized role to fill.

Alkhen

Wonder what Pearson going to Bristol City will have on Walshs future?

Can't remember how his Leicester team played but he comes across a bit old school. Hopefully he'll want to bypass their midfield and will not need him

higgs

Wonder what Pearson going to Bristol City will have on Walshs future?

Can't remember how his Leicester team played but he comes across a bit old school. Hopefully he'll want to bypass their midfield and will not need him
He will keep them up good appointment

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfc_Tom

Charlie Wyke on a free at end of season i think-would be a decent 4th choice striker, him, walsh and ostigard would be a great start. Definately need someone to compete with O’Hare , also another CB and goalie.

Magwitch

Left sided centre back, attacking left sided midfield and as a priority a striker, not sure what Taveres brings to the table yet but go and find a fox in box partner for Walker, again preferably left sided, I like Godden but his injury record tells me we need quality cover.

Users who are viewing this thread