Squad continuity this season (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

It has to be a good thing. Mcnulty is the only departed player that will actually be missed for football reasons. I believe we could be up in the top half this season. Won't be upset if we're not camped in a play off spot but to be within striking distance would be nice.

SkyBlueCRJ

Is it? Barely any were released in comparison to previous seasons and so far only a handful have been sold. Us CCFC supporters are used to a complete squad turnover season after season, it's only until now that a manager has got it right and brought in players that are good enough, not on 1 year contracts and aren't loans!

JulianDarbyFTW

Interesting that all four of the L2 promoted clubs have kept the bulk of their squad together. Confidence, or lack of money and clout?

Terry Gibson's perm

The big difference is Robins is allowed to get in with it rather than having previous chairman who thought they knew about football people like Waggott who’s knowledge of football you could write on the back of a fag packet and a ten pack would be fine

Ashdown

I think it's vital to have that continuity as best you can........all the best and successful sides of the past have had that stability and togetherness.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yes, only really McNulty and to a small extent Stokes that fans have thought will weaken us. All signings (apart from development players) seem to have strengthened the squad. A good summer (on paper!)

pw362

The big difference is Robins is allowed to get in with it rather than having previous chairman who thought they knew about football people like Waggott who’s knowledge of football you could write on the back of a fag packet and a ten pack would be fine
Waggott got Murphy, Armstrong and Kent in on loan when mowbray was here . Left the club when we were top of the table. Went tits up after that

Gint11

It has to be a good thing. Mcnulty is the only departed player that will actually be missed for football reasons. I believe we could be up in the top half this season. Won't be upset if we're not camped in a play off spot but to be within striking distance would be nice.

Will he really be missed though? There’s no guarantee he is/would be good enough at this level. I’m a fan of his but it would have been interesting to see how he did. Don’t forget we bought him from a club on L1 at the time......

shmmeee

Not sure percentage churn is the right measure, would bias towards large squads like those teams with academies for example.

Not sure how else you'd do it, maybe based on minutes played, but what about teams that sign players for U23s like us this year?

Interesting stats regardless.

Skybluefaz

Will he really be missed though? There’s no guarantee he is/would be good enough at this level. I’m a fan of his but it would have been interesting to see how he did. Don’t forget we bought him from a club on L1 at the time......
It will always be hypothetical now, but a player who bagged nearly 30 goals has every chance of carrying that on to a fair extent. I'd have expected 15 goals from MM in league one. I think he's capable of that.

Users who are viewing this thread