Spurs leading chase for Maddison (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Really think we should hold onto this lad, got a bright future.

SOLD!
sold.gif

Hopefully you were joking unless you've only just found out that a hedge fund owns our club?

torchomatic

I was worried until I saw it was in the CT. I always thought he would follow Pressley to Huddersfield.

Hincha

Hopefully you were joking unless you've only just found out that a hedge fund owns our club?

I realise it may be wishful thinking but I think they'll try hold onto him as there's a chance he'll be worth much more than what's on the table in a couple of years. On the other hand, he may be another Bigi, but I believe in the former.

Probably wrong and he'll have been sold by the end of the week.

pusbccfc

SISU are pathetic and will let him for for a few quid like with Wilson, who was sold for half the price of a player no better in Assombalonga...

CCFC_Charlie

If Spurs or someone like that actually come in for him how likely is it that we'd actually be able to convince him to stay? Likely to be his decision to leave in circumstances like this opposed to the club's

ecky

I realise it may be wishful thinking but I think they'll try hold onto him as there's a chance he'll be worth much more than what's on the table in a couple of years. On the other hand, he may be another Bigi, but I believe in the former.

Probably wrong and he'll have been sold by the end of the week.

Ha ha!

Sisu hold onto good young promising players which to build round and get us out of this crummy league?

He will be sold Asap for peanuts to cover sepalas losses

chiefdave

If Spurs or someone like that actually come in for him how likely is it that we'd actually be able to convince him to stay? Likely to be his decision to leave in circumstances like this opposed to the club's

We need to put a clause in that we get first refusal if and when he gets loaned out.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If he does go, we should put in a clause to get him loaned back for the next 18 months as realistically he won't be getting anywhere near there team for probably 3 or 4 years.

Sbarcher

I'd prefer to wait and see what happens. He might get run over by a bus before the window closes. Can't be arsed anymore with what ifs and senseless speculation........... sigh

skybluepm2

It was only a matter of time I suppose and I don't hold of much hope of SISU turning down a measly bid which will be offset against their '70m investment'. What really pisses me off is that they spout this bollock about building the future of the club around an academy yet the first sniff of talent is off to the first bidder. Look at Southampton, they have sold their prodege's for millions. Wilson will be in the prem next year and Maddison could now join him! Why don't we charge through the nose for him insert sell on and international fee's or better still hold on to him until he is actually developed into a player we can actually look to charge ten million for. Only then would it be worth selling one of our youngsters..if the money were reinvested which of course it won't be. Wait for fat waggot's shitty statement in a few weeks; very difficult when a players head had been turned we couldn't turn down the fee which will remain undisclosed and put back into all areas of the club.

LB87ccfc

He should stay and continue his development, he would only stay in their development squads their, needs to grow as a player here first, if we did sell, Id want a first refusal loan and a big percentage selling on fee included. Also bidding starts at a realistic level taking into consideration the potential of the player but the market as well, not 500k like we did for Bigi.

£1.5m + starting.

mrtrench

£1.5mm and he's gone. I touted this as as distinct possibility a few weeks ago. I think Haynes will also go in this window.

glancy89

Sisu unfortuantley are not intelligent enough to tie him into a release clause like £5m + add-ons.....he will get his head turned and go for £1m max....it happened when liverpool came for Thomas, Wilson left for peanuts aswell!

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

SISU are pathetic and will let him for for a few quid like with Wilson, who was sold for half the price of a player no better in Assombalonga...

3 million wasnt a bad price until forest paid 5.5 for assombalonga. in their defence though we couldnt have kept him and paid for superstars like tudgay and jackson :facepalm:

Chipfat

Fans will be more unhappy than shocked when this happens,, it really is inevitable outcome to bringing these players through.. What the club need to do is get the best deal and hope they produce more. I also think Haynes will be taken sooner rather than later and before anyone jumps saying he is not playing well enough,, scouts do not look at form with players so young and in a struggling team.. His attributes playing to his strength has already alerted more than a few.....

LJC_CCFC

Regardless of SISU, any player would want to move to a bigger club if given the chance. Frankly SISU can't be held accountable for our best players leaving, every player has a price and every club (barring Real Madrid) is in reality a 'selling club'. This is the nature of the game.

CovLis86

Sell for a pittance and we wont see a penny of it.
The deal for Wilson was fine, it was the fact we didnt see ANY of it invested into the playing squad, despite being promised it all would. Any players we have brought in have been offset by players moved on, released etc. Likewise, money for Clarke and by all accounts Daniels...already just dissapear into the owners pockets. Im struggling to take much more of this.

lordsummerisle

Having only been to one game in the last couple of seasons(my bad), never seen him play.

Is he really good? How many games has he played for us so far?

Remember how many people got the right hump over Thomas going to Liverpool for a million?

LJC_CCFC

Granted money hasn't been spent on transfer fees, but it's certainly been used to boost the wage budget (which is top six in the division). It's not SISU's fault if Mr Pressley having compiled a squad, has completely mismanaged it both on and off the field.

Ashdown

Granted money hasn't been spent on transfer fees, but it's certainly been used to boost the wage budget (which is top six in the division). It's not SISU's fault if Mr Pressley having compiled a squad, has completely mismanaged it both on and off the field.

'Top 6 in the division'..................I really want to believe that..............but I don't and I'd like to see your sources for that info ?

Noggin

not only is this not certain it's much closer to exceptionally unlikely. Moussa, Baker, Murphy.

Evo1883

I havent seen enough of him , yes hes nippy , lookslike hes got some quick feet , but hasnt really impacted any games he has played in , he is definitely too young and inexperienced for the premier league , and if they think he is going to be worth some serious money , then play him , let him learn his trade , get experience , and learn how to deal with the physicality of proffesional football . After all if hes that good , his value will not drop

Ian1779

People complained that Bigi was shit... we sold him for a million and he's barely had a look in since.

Thomas went to Liverpool on loan and they sent him back as he wasn't good enough.

Maddison might have potential but that's all it is right now. Of all the young players we have sold over the last 10 years, Wilson is the only one to make any kind of impact.

If someone like Spurs is stupid enough to pay money for him (and lets be honest Spurs have form for this - see John Bostock amongst many others) then would the club be so wrong in thinking about it?

will am i

Except of course SISU employed him and as they continue to employ him so they must think he is doing a good job. SISU are clueless and particularly when it comes to running a football club. I am of course assuming the give a toss about the football club.

Users who are viewing this thread