Sport in Coventry Today (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

Fantastic support for both clubs. CRFC and their chairman Jon Sharp deserve the support as does Doug King. We used to go to the BPA when there were 800-900 in National league One. They just need to get promotion / Relegation back in place from the Prem now.

MalcSB

Fantastic support for both clubs. CRFC and their chairman Jon Sharp deserve the support as does Doug King. We used to go to the BPA when there were 800-900 in National league One. They just need to get promotion / Relegation back in place from the Prem now.
I’m not sure that they want that, and does the BPA hold 10,000?

kg82

I don’t keep up with RU, but keep an eye on Cov results. Why have they stopped promotion/relegation to/from the prem?

MalcSB

I don’t keep up with RU, but keep an eye on Cov results. Why have they stopped promotion/relegation to/from the prem?
.There was a moratorium on promotion / relegation, I think linked to covid. Under the current PRL criteria, Promotion could cost clubs around £20m ( to buy P shares).

The whole structure is being discussed at the moment, but CBA to keep up with it any more

joemercersaces

Me and the lad had a season ticket at Cov when SISU held CCFC hostage in Northampton. League 1 playing the likes of Old Albanian in front of 800 as you say. Mind you that was still relatively good support for rugby in that division. First watched Cov at Coundon Road in the glory days of the 1970s and would be great to see them back up where they belong.

Users who are viewing this thread