Spirits for Lightweights (1 Viewer)

pitts head

Never really found a spirit that I Have liked.
The missus likes Aberlour Whiskey. Can't handle that.
Just tried Buffalo Trace, neat with ice, quite nice.
Mixed it with Ginger Ale and yes this is my new goto when I have had enough ale.

skybluetony176

More a cocktail than a spirit but I’ve always found Black Russians very easy to drink. Especially when, like you point out, fill up on beer. Back in the day when I used to live for Saturday nights I used to drink lager in the pub and switch to Black Russians in the club.

Kneeza

More a cocktail than a spirit but I’ve always found Black Russians very easy to drink. Especially when, like you point out, fill up on beer. Back in the day when I used to live for Saturday nights I used to drink lager in the pub and switch to Black Russians in the club.
I (and she) remember very well when, just after we'd met, my dragon got gloriously pissed on black russians.
God she was ill.
I've never let her forget it.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I am partial to a blood orange gin and tonic

shmmeee

Southern Comfort is the closest I’ve got, other than shots and slammers. I feel now I’m in my 40s I should be drinking whiskey or something, but never enjoyed any straight spirits really.

Nuskyblue

Are you me?
Would explain a lot ;)
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

fernandopartridge

Never really found a spirit that I Have liked.
The missus likes Aberlour Whiskey. Can't handle that.
Just tried Buffalo Trace, neat with ice, quite nice.
Mixed it with Ginger Ale and yes this is my new goto when I have had enough ale.
Yeah Dark and Stormy is my favourite cocktail

Kneeza

Coke is my mixer of choice with Southern Comfort. Used to be able to drink pints of the stuff!
When I used to drink, my spirit mix of choice was Southern Comfort and Jameson's! Used to really glug that stuff. Good job I gave up the booze really.

SkyBlueSoul

The King's Ginger. I think it's only 30%, got a bit of a kick and really nice with a decent apple juice.

On a side note, it was made for drink driving originally when Edward VII got a car - "a liqueur which would warm and revivify His Majesty during his morning rides"

jordan210

For me it's jameson's IPA edition with ginger ale and lime. The IPA is slightly sweeter than the others. But any Irish whiskey will do me

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread