Spine of the team (1 Viewer)

Whole team spine was missing today - RCC, Reda, Vincalot and AA. Any team will struggle with even half the spine out. Not suprised we didn't function and lost today. We have a good team but the squad isn't as strong as we think. Worrying times ahead if we get more key injuries and lose a couple of the main loans.

percy

i think we know the squad isnt strong but it was the manner in which we went about our business today which was most disappointing

shy_tall_knight

JOB went back to last season running around like a lunatic lacking composure. Fleck & MAF who ever bets on rhem to score, can you be a centre forward and not look like scoring.

SkyBlue_Bear83

i think we know the squad isnt strong but it was the manner in which we went about our business today which was most disappointing

We had about 11 players who are on professional contracts or on loan unavailable today (RCC, Reda, Willis, Vincelot, Kent, Maddison, Cole, Tudgay, Armstrong, Lawton, Finch)

The fact we even managed to put out a semi competitive team is a testament to the strength in depth, 18 months ago we would have been down to playing the U16s if we had that many players out.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Whole team spine was missing today - RCC, Reda, Vincalot and AA. Any team will struggle with even half the spine out. Not suprised we didn't function and lost today. We have a good team but the squad isn't as strong as we think. Worrying times ahead if we get more key injuries and lose a couple of the main loans.

Really? After losing 3 key players to long term injury already, if we lose some more we'll be in trouble? What insight!

Get a grip. Take 8 first team players out of almost any squad outside the Premiership and they'll look poor. Add in a lower league side desperate to win and a last minute injury to the keeper.

Today is really not the day to make sweeping statements about the quality of our squad.

percy

We had about 11 players who are on professional contracts or on loan unavailable today (RCC, Reda, Willis, Vincelot, Kent, Maddison, Cole, Tudgay, Armstrong, Lawton, Finch)

The fact we even managed to put out a semi competitive team is a testament to the strength in depth, 18 months ago we would have been down to playing the U16s if we had that many players out.

in that case then it was an excellent performance

shmmeee

Anyone in any doubt just needs to look at the bench FFS. Ryan Haynes was our experienced option! 3 of the 6 were given squad numbers for this game!

Literally the only choice Mowbray had about the side he put out was Stokes or Haynes.

percy

Anyone in any doubt just needs to look at the bench FFS. Ryan Haynes was our experienced option! 3 of the 6 were given squad numbers for this game!

Literally the only choice Mowbray had about the side he put out was Stokes or Haynes.

im in no doubt, that was a poor performance. The lads that came on were an improvement to the ones they replaced by the way. We have to start defending better as a team, the amount of goals we are conceding is alarming and needs sorting quick.

letsallsingtogether

Really? After losing 3 key players to long term injury already, if we lose some more we'll be in trouble? What insight!

Get a grip. Take 8 first team players out of almost any squad outside the Premiership and they'll look poor. Add in a lower league side desperate to win and a last minute injury to the keeper.

Today is really not the day to make sweeping statements about the quality of our squad.

So do you believe we have a strong or even good squad?
Today is the right time as this is what we could be left with and sorry but it is rather poor.
wouldn't mind but Northampton were not even that good.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

The fact we managed to put out a semi competitive/recognisable team with 11 players unavailable is a success in itself.

Ian1779

Seriously?
So where are our replacements for the players that were missing.
Defence awful, attack one shot on target in each half?

Here's a crazy notion..... we could get more fans down to watch and then give the manager the funds to build a bigger/better squad.

letsallsingtogether

Here's a crazy notion..... we could get more fans down to watch and then give the manager the funds to build a bigger/better squad.

Well I go every week can't do more then that.
I took one extra with me today I suggest you all do the same then our crowds will be bigger.

percy

The fact we managed to put out a semi competitive/recognisable team with 11 players unavailable is a success in itself.

even more of a miracle if we tried to compete. we had 3 of the recent back 4 a decent midfield and we still couldnt create anything or defend properly. im not buying all the excuses, this team was good enough to win this game

SkyBlue_Bear83

even more of a miracle if we tried to compete. we had 3 of the recent back 4 a decent midfield and we still couldnt create anything or defend properly. im not buying all the excuses, this team was good enough to win this game
Yes I think it was but not a sure thing, we had 11 players unavailable and we still put out a team good enough to win the match. How does that translate then to we have a poor squad, the fact that people are saying the team was good enough to win is surely an endorsement of the squad depth?

Last edited:

percy

Yes it was, we had 11 players unavailable and we still put out a team good enough to win the match. How does that translate then to we have a poor squad, the fact that we are saying the team was good enough to win is surely an endorsement of the squad depth?

hang on mate i havent said the squad is poor.

letsallsingtogether

Yes it was, we had 11 players unavailable and we still put out a team good enough to win the match. How does that translate then to we have a poor squad, the fact that we are saying the team was good enough to win is surely an endorsement of the squad depth?

Who said this team was good enough?
I didn't and the result enforces that after all we played a poor Northampton team.....
we had 60% of the play and 2 shots on target one for that goal and one after 45 minutes in the second half.

letsallsingtogether

you can always have a better/stronger squad but that team today was good enough on paper at least to beat northampton
No soon as most of us saw the team our hearts dropped.

stupot07

No soon as most of us saw the team our hearts dropped.

Really? I was surprised that he'd played such a strong team - we knew Kent, Armstrong and Vincelot couldn't play, some had predicted that Cole wouldn't play so the only real surprise was no Tudguy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Who said this team was good enough?
I didn't and the result enforces that after all we played a poor Northampton team.....
we had 60% of the play and 2 shots on target one for that goal and one after 45 minutes in the second half.

Some people are, didn't you read percy posts on the last few pages.

Northampton are 5th in league 2 and probably better than quite a few teams in the bottom half of league 1 anyway so they aren't that poor.

Your argument that we have a poor squad is that we failed to win with 11 players missing, any rational person would no this is almost unheard of and any team would struggle (by your logic that means everyone has poor squads) if other teams in L1 had that many missing they'd be down to a team of largely youth players, we had one who played about 20 minutes off the bench.
For most of the season we've continued winning matches when players are missing, won both games on the international break, continue winning despite long term injuries to Willis, Maddison and Johnson. What does that say about the squad?
I wouldn't expect a character like you to let this get in the way of a good ccfc bashing anyway.

letsallsingtogether

Some people are, didn't you read percy posts on the last few pages.

Northampton are 5th in league 2 and probably better than quite a few teams in the bottom half of league 1 anyway so they aren't that poor.

Your argument that we have a poor squad is that we failed to win with 11 players missing, any rational person would no this is almost unheard of and any team would struggle (by your logic that means everyone has poor squads) if other teams in L1 had that many missing they'd be down to a team of largely youth players, we had one who played about 20 minutes off the bench.
For most of the season we've continued winning matches when players are missing, won both games on the international break, continue winning despite long term injuries to Willis, Maddison and Johnson. What does that say about the squad?
I wouldn't expect a character like you to let this get in the way of a good ccfc bashing anyway.
I am not a ccfc basher very rarely do I have a go at the team or the supporters (owners thats another matter)not like certain posters on here, just gutted that most seem happy that we lost today.
Sorry but I have been going up for 45 years and if we end up outside of that play offs then I will see it as another failure of a season.

Ian1779

Well I go every week can't do more then that.
I took one extra with me today I suggest you all do the same then our crowds will be bigger.

It's not a personal criticism of you... merely a general observation.

The point is we only have as good a squad as we allow it to be.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I am not a ccfc basher very rarely do I have a go at the team or the supporters (owners thats another matter)not like certain posters on here, just gutted that most seem happy that we lost today.
Sorry but I have been going up for 45 years and if we end up outside of that play offs then I will see it as another failure of a season.

Think its largely dependent on either retaining Armstrong, or replacing his goals if he leaves.

The squad as it stands today i.e including all loans is more than good enough to comfortably finish in the play offs. Add in a competent replacement for Reda and its good enough for auto.

I'm just not sure how you have taken from today we have a poor squad, a tight loss against a team who wouldn't be out of place in league 1 (think it was harsh to call Northampton a poor team, they are better than a few teams in our division) where we were missing 11 players, 9 of who would definitely be in the squad and 7 probably in the first 11 if they were available. From your reaction you would have thought we put out a team full of novices.

letsallsingtogether

Think its largely dependent on either retaining Armstrong, or replacing his goals if he leaves.

The squad as it stands today i.e including all loans is more than good enough to comfortably finish in the play offs. Add in a competent replacement for Reda and its good enough for auto.

I'm just not sure how you have taken from today we have a poor squad, a tight loss against a team who wouldn't be out of place in league 1 (think it was harsh to call Northampton a poor team, they are better than a few teams in our division) where we were missing 11 players, 9 of who would definitely be in the squad and 7 probably in the first 11 if they were available. From your reaction you would have thought we put out a team full of novices.

So you think Northampton played well today?
I thought they were rubbish 1 shot on goal and one deflected cross

Astute

So you think Northampton played well today?
I thought they were rubbish 1 shot on goal and one deflected cross

So our reserve side was crap but they reduced their opponents to 1 shot on goal and one deflected cross?

If so would it have been the same result with RCC in goal?

stupot07

So our reserve side was crap but they reduced their opponents to 1 shot on goal and one deflected cross?

If so would it have been the same result with RCC in goal?

They had more than 1 shot on goal. Burge made a decent save from o'toole.

Not having a pop at you, but bar Murphy's 25 yarder how many shots/chances did we have? We could have played another 90 minutes and would have struggled to score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Astute

They had more than 1 shot on goal. Burge made a decent save from o'toole.

Not having a pop at you, but bar Murphy's 25 yarder how many shots/chances did we have? We could have played another 90 minutes and would have struggled to score.

I know that we were poor. Just picking up on another post.

Users who are viewing this thread