SP it's time for you to leave the building (1 Viewer)

The Gentleman

Would you have hit the panic button had you been Mike Ashley a few weeks back?

I know everyone is frustrated but I fail to see changing managers is the answer. Brendan Rogers is finding it difficult after Suarez and the same can be said for the championship player of the month (Wilson) leaving us....it will take time.
Molding a team of youngsters will take time. Ryan Haynes has been sensational and then average and that's what Pressley has to work with and of course the dreaded loan market. I still have confidence in him to get it right. This league is the poorest for some time and there is plenty of games to mount a play off challenge yet.

Hahahahaha, thanks Pax. I've had a dull evening doing paperwork and you've just cheered me right up. With the clueless Pressley, a team that is simply not good enough and owners who quite clearly don't give a fuck and know fuck all about football, then yes, I'm sure we are just about ready to mount a play off challenge.

The Gentleman

The armchair lot are clamouring for him to go so for that reason I hope he stays.

It is admittedly difficult to make a case for him but yesterday he was let down by a bunch of players who couldn't give two fucks.

I hope this new low is the line in the sand we need.

I like everyone else would love some stability at the club mate but at what price? If Pressley isn't good enough then he has to go. He has had long enough now to at least imprint some of his DNA (as the dick calls it) onto this team but the problem is he keeps chopping and changing so much it's impossible and it seems to me that each new signing/loan/free is as bad if not worse than the last and his tactics are complete bollocks. You know me and I am passionate about my club and I bet I could walk into that dressing room and pick a team to play 4-4-2 and I would get them playing for the shirt they should be proud to wear, which he seems completely unable to do. If he has lost the dressing room then there literally is no hope for him or the team. Sadly, with Sisu and Pressley in tandem then I think we are going to go a lot lower yet because how many lines in the sand do we need before we run out of beach (do you like what I did there).

Bluescarf

Yes he needs to go and here's why:

1. Formations
Close season before last he sells McDonald because he will be playing 451 and won't need him, he then decides to switch to a 442 in which McDonald would have been very useful cover. He does later admit that this was an error to be fair but he does not replace him leaving us desperately short of cover after Clarke's departure.
Last close season he signs Swanson, O'brien and Coulibaly, all wingers, to play in his established 442. He then has his little World Cup Head Storm and switches to 352 leaving us with the wrong personel. The idea that you can play this system without proper wing backs is astonishing in itself.
After a disastrous start to the season he meekly switches back to 442 with hardly a mention!

2. Post-Match Interviews.
Just ridiculous. Full of superlatives and praise after abysmal performances to the point of farce. How can he be taken seriously?

3. Signings.
It does seem that he wouldn't know a player if he was beaten around the face and neck with one. Terrible record. Always banging on about DNA, it seems the required DNA for CCFC is somewhere around the bottom of the genetic barrel.

4. Loans
SP doesn't like loans, he told us so in no uncertain terms quite early in his tenure. We currently have 7.

5. Keepers.
It's plain for all to see that we have a problem here. But instead of bringing in an experienced keeper to steady the ship, SP signs a 7th striker.

6. The dressing room.
There are now indications that he has lost it.

The man is far too flakey for me, changes his mind with the wind, no constant philosophy, always carries an unbalanced squad and frankly I agree with Jordan Clarke, he doesn't know what he's doing and very much appears to be making it up as he goes along.
Please don't tell me he gives youth a chance... firstly, he has little option and secondly that is more to do with club policy than managerial decision making, the club sets the remit, the manager implements.

Bottom line: Not good enough and should go.

RoboCCFC90

Really? What a joke..

48820d0e71a637597d2c7a052df416d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paxman II

Most on here seem content to have grey clouds over their day on a regular basis with the ability to accept a ray of sunshine when it comes before returning to cloud cover.
If we win a couple in a row how many will still maintain the grey cloud over their heads consistently?

Pressley is useless and does not know football is a ridiculous thing to say.

Grendel I can't see what anyone other than Pardew could bring to Newcastle? They have achieved what they should for the most part. If anything the media think they are a bigger club than they are.
Rodgers has done remarkably well and currently has issues but I don't see why his job is threatened?
For once Grendel I'm in disagreement with you!

Sterling Archer

I reckon we should give the job to a sky blues talk poster.

Most of you seem adamant enough and confident enough in your own thoughts about what we can do to change it, amazed you're not all professional football managers.

Samo

Most of you seem adamant enough and confident enough in your own thoughts about what we can do to change it, amazed you're not all professional football managers.

Nah we are just critics, and what is a critic?

RoboCCFC90

Really Robo, would you say if things are still the at Christmas you might get on board with the sack Pressley campaign?

I don't envisage that situation if I am honest, but serious questions would need to be asked if we were.

14% win ratio this calendar year would be enough to get any manager in English Football the sack..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I like everyone else would love some stability at the club mate but at what price? If Pressley isn't good enough then he has to go. He has had long enough now to at least imprint some of his DNA (as the dick calls it) onto this team but the problem is he keeps chopping and changing so much it's impossible and it seems to me that each new signing/loan/free is as bad if not worse than the last and his tactics are complete bollocks. You know me and I am passionate about my club and I bet I could walk into that dressing room and pick a team to play 4-4-2 and I would get them playing for the shirt they should be proud to wear, which he seems completely unable to do. If he has lost the dressing room then there literally is no hope for him or the team. Sadly, with Sisu and Pressley in tandem then I think we are going to go a lot lower yet because how many lines in the sand do we need before we run out of beach (do you like what I did there).

Fair points mate and nice turn of phrase.

There is something I like about Pressley and I think he has been dealt a terrible hand. I must admit I'm usually first to get on the manager out bandwagon but this time I can't see how sacking him would work.

The Gentleman

Fair points mate and nice turn of phrase.

There is something I like about Pressley and I think he has been dealt a terrible hand. I must admit I'm usually first to get on the manager out bandwagon but this time I can't see how sacking him would work.

I know what you're saying about the continual manager merry go round and it not helping but in his case I cannot see what he brings to the table (using a Glyn turn of phrase). If it was only my opinion then people could take it or leave it but the results, the tactics, the transfers, the interviews, the stubborness and his complete lack of anything other than Plan 'A' are there for all to see. In fact I'm struggling to find anything positive about his time here. I would love him to be a success and to create what we all know we need but I just plain and simple don't think he is the man for the job.

The Gentleman

I know exactly what you mean Stering. It's almost like no-one on here could see that playing 3-5-2 wasn't working from the off and that certain players should be playing and others shouldn't. Oh wait, we were saying that and then what happened against Posh? So going on Pressley's win ratio and the posters on SBT from the posh game then I would say we have got as much of a chance at being a professional manager as Pressley. Maybe more because we could see it ages ago and Pressley is either blind or too stubborn to change. Either of those qualities are not great ingredients for a football manager, or maybe you think they are?

The Gentleman

Most on here seem content to have grey clouds over their day on a regular basis with the ability to accept a ray of sunshine when it comes before returning to cloud cover.
If we win a couple in a row how many will still maintain the grey cloud over their heads consistently?

Pressley is useless and does not know football is a ridiculous thing to say.

Grendel I can't see what anyone other than Pardew could bring to Newcastle? They have achieved what they should for the most part. If anything the media think they are a bigger club than they are.
Rodgers has done remarkably well and currently has issues but I don't see why his job is threatened?
For once Grendel I'm in disagreement with you!

What about Keegan, Dalglish and Robson all achieved higher positions and played in Europe at Newcastle. Rodgers hasn't done that well because they have gone backwards and tell me Pax, what is it about Pressley that tells you he knows what he is doing?

Paxman II

The point I was making is that Pardew has suffered chants from the fans that he "did not know what he was doing"? Well can those same fans claim that now? Surely not?
I'm not saying he is the best manager for Newcastle, who knows but he has answered his critics big time, has he not?

I personally think Pressley will do the same. Why? Because I've listened to him since he got here and I like the man and his approach to the task laid before him under extremely difficult circumstances which I can't recall any other manager having. The last man we had jump ship soon as he could and how did that turn out for him?

The Gentleman

The point I was making is that Pardew has suffered chants from the fans that he "did not know what he was doing"? Well can those same fans claim that now? Surely not?
I'm not saying he is the best manager for Newcastle, who knows but he has answered his critics big time, has he not?

I personally think Pressley will do the same. Why? Because I've listened to him since he got here and I like the man and his approach to the task laid before him under extremely difficult circumstances which I can't recall any other manager having. The last man we had jump ship soon as he could and how did that turn out for him?

Has Pardew answered his critics? he has won a few games but history tells us he does that but cannot take the team any further. but enough about some team and manager who has nothing to do with us.

What exactly has Pressley said that has got you and a few others so excited. Surely he has not been saying the same things that most CCFC fans have been saying for ages, or has he been saying that he likes the way the German teams play and how we should copy that? because again anyone with more than 5 brain cells can tell you that, or has he been saying that teams Like Barcelona or Arsenal play the game the right way, no shit sherlock. But again, what has he been saying that has got you so turned on. Because from what I can see (and quite a few others), we have possibly the worst squad we have ever had, the club is still in a mess, the academy still loses it's best players either early like Dan Crowley or as soon as they show promise like Callum Wilson, there is no passion from the team, his does not even know his best formation or starting 11, we have just been beaten at home against a pub team, he has no plan 'B' and talks shit in his post match interviews.So again, I'll ask you, what is it that you like about the man?

letsallsingtogether

I Have to agree with that I'm afraid.

Jetstream-sama

Brilliant. Can we keep you?

Why don't you just fuck off, pal? You're a rancid little troll, a nobody who wants to be somebody, but he enjoys negative attention too much.

Personally, I don't give a monkeys dollop if I'm popular or not, I have a set of opinions and principles that I try to enforce if possible.

You are merely a twat behind a keyboard, nothing more.

AndreasB

Why don't you just fuck off, pal? You're a rancid little troll, a nobody who wants to be somebody, but he enjoys negative attention too much.

Personally, I don't give a monkeys dollop if I'm popular or not, I have a set of opinions and principles that I try to enforce if possible.

You are merely a twat behind a keyboard, nothing more.

You have made a really positive start enforcing your principles - ie everyone thinks you are a bellend.

Users who are viewing this thread