SP it's time for you to leave the building (2 Viewers)

Kingokings204

Frees loans frees loans frees loans , so basically the same as most teams in league 1 then ?

Good point is we are 14 points behind last season already without the points deduction. That's hard to fathom for him to stay.

fernandopartridge

Totally irrelevant, in fact, the armchair 'lot' have a damn sight more self-respect and common-fucking-sense than the blind Pavlov dogs contributing to the farce of CCFC.

It's like a religion isn't it, supporting CCFC? Blind, baseless faith in a cause that has no tangibility or reward.

Is it not inconceivable to consider that the die-hard CCFC fans are those abstaining from attending matches? Think about it.

What a load of self serving bollocks.

Greggs

How many have we won since Leon left in Jan?

hill83

I think he is doing an amazing job and we should definitely keep the faith. We are a delight to watch. The build up play is sublime and we are the most solid I've ever seen us defensively.

Definitely keep him. We are odds on to get promoted if we do. I'm physically shaking with anger that anyone could even consider sacking him. I could cry.

Jetstream-sama

What a load of self serving bollocks.

Self-serving??

Never been fond of self-service, I dither a lot.

Logic and common sense does tend to annoy people I guess, but at least CraigSBA partly agrees with me.

wingy

Yes he needs to go and here's why:

1. Formations
Close season before last he sells McDonald because he will be playing 451 and won't need him, he then decides to switch to a 442 in which McDonald would have been very useful cover. He does later admit that this was an error to be fair but he does not replace him leaving us desperately short of cover after Clarke's departure.
Last close season he signs Swanson, O'brien and Coulibaly, all wingers, to play in his established 442. He then has his little World Cup Head Storm and switches to 352 leaving us with the wrong personel. The idea that you can play this system without proper wing backs is astonishing in itself.
After a disastrous start to the season he meekly switches back to 442 with hardly a mention!

2. Post-Match Interviews.
Just ridiculous. Full of superlatives and praise after abysmal performances to the point of farce. How can he be taken seriously?

3. Signings.
It does seem that he wouldn't know a player if he was beaten around the face and neck with one. Terrible record. Always banging on about DNA, it seems the required DNA for CCFC is somewhere around the bottom of the genetic barrel.

4. Loans
SP doesn't like loans, he told us so in no uncertain terms quite early in his tenure. We currently have 7.

5. Keepers.
It's plain for all to see that we have a problem here. But instead of bringing in an experienced keeper to steady the ship, SP signs a 7th striker.

6. The dressing room.
There are now indications that he has lost it.

The man is far too flakey for me, changes his mind with the wind, no constant philosophy, always carries an unbalanced squad and frankly I agree with Jordan Clarke, he doesn't know what he's doing and very much appears to be making it up as he goes along.
Please don't tell me he gives youth a chance... firstly, he has little option and secondly that is more to do with club policy than managerial decision making, the club sets the remit, the manager implements.

Bottom line: Not good enough and should go.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I wonder if Joyous Joy actually knew we lost yesterday and who it was we were playing against? What's more, does she actually care?

Jetstream-sama

Which part of not going demonstrates "Blind, baseless faith"?

See, now you're not even reading my point properly, mate.

Supporting, I.E. actively attending matches, is blind, baseless faith. In CCFC's circumstances, at least.

Choosing to NOT attend, doesn't make anyone LESS of a die-hard fan, it's basically a testament to how different people deal with the shit state of affairs at the club. Some can endure it, some can't, some WON'T.

Those that won't, are not prepared to endure the aforementioned shit on any level, and thus create distance between themselves and the shit. However, I guarantee they will still be a City fan till the day they die, albeit at a hands-off level.

It's just an opinion of mine, whether anyone likes it or not, I don't give a crap tbh. Just don't try and dissect something you haven't read properly, thanks.

fernandopartridge

Supporting, I.E. actively attending matches, is blind, baseless faith. In CCFC's circumstances, at least.

Choosing to NOT attend, doesn't make anyone LESS of a die-hard fan, it's basically a testament to how different people deal with the shit state of affairs at the club. Some can endure it, some can't, some WON'T.

Those that won't, are not prepared to endure the aforementioned shit on any level, and thus create distance between themselves and the shit. However, I guarantee they will still be a City fan till the day they die, albeit at a hands-off level.

It's just an opinion of mine, whether anyone likes it or not, I don't give a crap tbh. Just don't try and dissect something you haven't read properly, thanks.

Great.

Dhinsa's_Millions

The majority of supporters in the Championship years are now resigned to the armchair tells a story in itself. The supposed hardcore will dwindle further if we don't stop the rot. We are currently on course for League 2 based on current form.

Hobo

Originally Posted by Jetstream-sama

So Fernando, if everyone just kept buying into a rubbish product, that gave no satisfaction and no return, what would be the catalyst for change?

Worcester brought 3000 fans because it's an achievement to get this far. They won deservedly, at the next FA Cup game they will probably have 4000, who knows? Then the attendances will return to a more normal level once the glamour is over. But hopefully they may have a handful more on board.

It is a clubs responsibility to make the most out of a bandwagon.

Football Teams and Footballers have to earn their followers, that is why the successful teams, linked to the catchment area produce the biggest followings. It all correlates, it is not a mystery.

Coventry fans have been served up a poor product, consistently, for too long.

Dhinsa's_Millions

No top 6 finish since 1970 is one of the most damning statistics in football.

One promotion push in any league could start the whole thing off again its just it looks so unlikely at this moment in time and maybe only a change in ownership (possibly years off) can enable this to happen. We may have had more fans in the premiership years if we had actually gone down to the Championship and back up a few times as it galvanizes support. Any sniff of success and we can get the ricoh 75% full! I remember that Leeds game a few years back when we blew it!

Like some things in life I think our predicament will only get worse before it gets better!

RoboCCFC90

I posted on the forum a couple of weeks back that I still backed Pressley, at that point we had lost to Oldham 4-1, now we are talking after three further games which in the league we have taken 4 points from 6 and we have gone out the FA Cup.

This is Pressley's side now, the players here are his players, but for whatever reason it's not working, it's looking like the JPT could be our only real success this season as we would need something un-Coventry-City-like to get into the play-offs.

At this point I am willing to say Christmas is for me how far I am willing to see how this goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paxman II

Would you have hit the panic button had you been Mike Ashley a few weeks back?

I know everyone is frustrated but I fail to see changing managers is the answer. Brendan Rogers is finding it difficult after Suarez and the same can be said for the championship player of the month (Wilson) leaving us....it will take time.
Molding a team of youngsters will take time. Ryan Haynes has been sensational and then average and that's what Pressley has to work with and of course the dreaded loan market. I still have confidence in him to get it right. This league is the poorest for some time and there is plenty of games to mount a play off challenge yet.

AndreasB

Ah, well knackers to you n'all - if you can't acknowledge an original point of view, or even read it properly, you're not worth a second thought. You stick with the bullshit view ingrained in your one-track skull.

By the way, the 'sulky, juvenile sarcasm' that you're trying to mimic from other members here only works if you're as half as imaginative as them.

Fuck off with your Original Point Of View.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hill83

I'm actually crying now. This has really hit me hard. Please all change your mind and say you want him to stay.

Grendel

Would you have hit the panic button had you been Mike Ashley a few weeks back?

I know everyone is frustrated but I fail to see changing managers is the answer. Brendan Rogers is finding it difficult after Suarez and the same can be said for the championship player of the month (Wilson) leaving us....it will take time.
Molding a team of youngsters will take time. Ryan Haynes has been sensational and then average and that's what Pressley has to work with and of course the dreaded loan market. I still have confidence in him to get it right. This league is the poorest for some time and there is plenty of games to mount a play off challenge yet.

Pardew should have been sacked in the summer. The club will always underachieve while he is in charge.

Rodgers I am sure will be dismissed ithe team remains where it is by the end if the season and rightly so

turlykerd

Anyone who defends him, are either delusional, or related.

45minutes and not 1 shot on target, the guy is so tactically inept, he makes Thorn look like Mourinho.

Take this thread how you want, I stand by my word, SP needs to go now!
yp ...sack everyone

its the answer

just look at fulham

bolton

charlton

blackburn

norwich

cardiff

west brom .....

etc....fuckin etc.... sack em all !!

fuck off twat !!

The Philosopher

For Pressley It's "Now or Never" that we should "Return to Sender". Some say "Don't be Cruel", but I think he's "The Devil in Disguise" that will only take us "Way Down".

I'll get my coat.

Malaka

The sad thing for me is that I am well past giving a shit. I keep going cause it's better than
iistening on the radio. Yes it would be great if we won a few, but I have realised that all of our managers have been shit with the exception of Robbins , but he left when his stock was high ax would any manager appointed by this club. Being a manager at ccfc has to be the worst job in football and it don't matter who rocks up to manage this club, they have an almost impossible task, I mean who has gone on to great things after managing our shite team? Most of our ex managers are finished

The Gentleman

Yes he needs to go and here's why:

1. Formations
Close season before last he sells McDonald because he will be playing 451 and won't need him, he then decides to switch to a 442 in which McDonald would have been very useful cover. He does later admit that this was an error to be fair but he does not replace him leaving us desperately short of cover after Clarke's departure.
Last close season he signs Swanson, O'brien and Coulibaly, all wingers, to play in his established 442. He then has his little World Cup Head Storm and switches to 352 leaving us with the wrong personel. The idea that you can play this system without proper wing backs is astonishing in itself.
After a disastrous start to the season he meekly switches back to 442 with hardly a mention!

2. Post-Match Interviews.
Just ridiculous. Full of superlatives and praise after abysmal performances to the point of farce. How can he be taken seriously?

3. Signings.
It does seem that he wouldn't know a player if he was beaten around the face and neck with one. Terrible record. Always banging on about DNA, it seems the required DNA for CCFC is somewhere around the bottom of the genetic barrel.

4. Loans
SP doesn't like loans, he told us so in no uncertain terms quite early in his tenure. We currently have 7.

5. Keepers.
It's plain for all to see that we have a problem here. But instead of bringing in an experienced keeper to steady the ship, SP signs a 7th striker.

6. The dressing room.
There are now indications that he has lost it.

The man is far too flakey for me, changes his mind with the wind, no constant philosophy, always carries an unbalanced squad and frankly I agree with Jordan Clarke, he doesn't know what he's doing and very much appears to be making it up as he goes along.
Please don't tell me he gives youth a chance... firstly, he has little option and secondly that is more to do with club policy than managerial decision making, the club sets the remit, the manager implements.

Bottom line: Not good enough and should go.

Don't agree with some of the stuff you say but nails and heads spring to mind with your post. All these posters saying give him time blah blah blah, simple fact is exactly what you said at the end, not good enough and nothing we have seen so far in his time here has suggested otherwise.

Samo

For Pressley It's "Now or Never" that we should "Return to Sender". Some say "Don't be
Cruel", but I think he's "The Devil in Disguise" that will only take us "Way Down".

I'll get my coat.

A little less conversation, a little more action please.

fernandopartridge

Ah, well knackers to you n'all - if you can't acknowledge an original point of view, or even read it properly, you're not worth a second thought. You stick with the bullshit view ingrained in your one-track skull.

By the way, the 'sulky, juvenile sarcasm' that you're trying to mimic from other members here only works if you're as half as imaginative as them.

Not worth responding but you keep trying to make your point. It's hardly original. The same sort of comments have been made to justify NOPM.

The facts are that Coventry has got fickle support. Always had. Always will. In that context you don't have to go every week to be loyal because nobody really does.

Users who are viewing this thread