SP it's time for you to leave the building (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Anyone who defends him, are either delusional, or related.

45minutes and not 1 shot on target, the guy is so tactically inept, he makes Thorn look like Mourinho.

Take this thread how you want, I stand by my word, SP needs to go now!

SkyBlueHomer

The problem isn't just SP though is it? If Pressley was sacked today and another manager brought it would just be yet another 'lamb to the slaughter' and in 12/18 months the same things would be said yet again.

Something does need to happen yes, but only a complete clear out similar to what happened after Kings Lynn/JH revolution will sort this properly.

skybluebeduff

I disagree, a new manager would/should install his team to play forward, not sideways and backwards for a full 90mins.
How many managers have we had that allows his the team to have 1 shot on target after 60mins of play?

Otis

Thing is, he's not going anywhere. The thread therefore unfortunately, is redundant.

SkyBlueHomer

I disagree, a new manager would/should install his team to play forward, not sideways and backwards for a full 90mins.
How many managers have we had that allows his the team to have 1 shot on target after 60mins of play?

SP isn't blameless in all of this for 1 minute, but the players should not need telling what to do aginst a non league side though they should be able to put it right themselves on the pitch.
The issue I have is how many managers have we got through since we got releagated from the Premiership, they can't all be rubbish. the problem runs deeper than the manager

As Otis said though I don't think either SP or SISu are going anyway just yet

The Philosopher

SP's four year contract must have some break or escape clauses - I'm sure that SISU must have learned from the mistakes of Ken D and co.

TF Would come out in support no matter what. If he says anything else and SP quits and claims unfair dismissal due to lack of media support, SISU pay large.

Would not surprise me if JS and TW and co are looking at their options.

Ashdown

He's pissing in the wind with these owners we know but I can't see the progression he keeps talking about, he's full of shit most of the time, just trying to appease the fans to please the disgusting hedge fund. Yesterday was a turning point for me, to create almost nothing against non league opposition at home is criminal and points to poor and negative tactics. We haven't got one player who can run at the opposition from the middle of the park and therefore create some panic and space.
How he got a 4 year contract I'll never know but probably down to Joy and Tim et al being so out of touch with modern football.

Otis

He's pissing in the wind with these owners we know but I can't see the progression he keeps talking about, he's full of shit most of the time, just trying to appease the fans to please the disgusting hedge fund. Yesterday was a turning point for me, to create almost nothing against non league opposition at home is criminal and points to poor and negative tactics. We haven't got one player who can run at the opposition from the middle of the park and therefore create some panic and space.
How he got a 4 year contract I'll never know but probably down to Joy and Tim et al being so out of touch with modern football.

And to be totally dominated by a non-league club that isn't even from a higher tier of non league is something beyond a joke.

AJB1983

Yeah lets sack another manager and pay compensation and start over again. In fact while we're at it lets turn on the players and start off rumours about players saying stuff they didn't. That'll help.
Not good but Jesus what do people expect when all our signings are either free's or loans. We're in league one with no money and lost all the goals out of the side from last year.
Time to realise what we are....

Terry Gibson's perm

Very close to the truth but they are out of touch with football modern or otherwise they have no idea how to get out of this hole they have dug.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I reckon my local team, Newport (IoW), would beat City at the moment! And they're in the Wessex League (10th teir of footie!)

Ashdown

Yeah lets sack another manager and pay compensation and start over again. In fact while we're at it lets turn on the players and start off rumours about players saying stuff they didn't. That'll help.
Not good but Jesus what do people expect when all our signings are either free's or loans. We're in league one with no money and lost all the goals out of the side from last year.
Yes SISU sold on/removed any player of any value or any player being paid any sort of a salary and replaced them with academy kids and a bunch of misfits that other clubs didn't rate enough to keep ! It's a cycle of cut costs and fall lower down the pecking order until destruction !

SBchimp

Here's a simple enough question. Does anyone think for one second with Mark Robins in charge yesterday Coventry would have lost?

SP put out his strongest possible team yesterday, are the players good enough to beat Worcester, of course they are.. Is their manager a footballing genius.... of course not.... Does our manager know how to get the best out of a team that smashed Peterborough for 45 mins?????

Terry Gibson's perm

Here's a simple enough question. Does anyone think for one second with Mark Robins in charge yesterday Coventry would have lost?

SP put out his strongest possible team yesterday, are the players good enough to beat Worcester, of course they are.. Is their manager a footballing genius.... of course not.... Does our manager know how to get the best out of a team that smashed Peterborough for 45 mins?????

No chance at least he could motivate the team, I would have him back tomorrow hated him when he left but looking back you can certainly see why he did with these cretins in charge.

The Philosopher

That 45 mins against Peterborough got SP some more time. Had he have lost that and lost Yesterday then I think the serious protests would have started.

fernandopartridge

The armchair lot are clamouring for him to go so for that reason I hope he stays.

It is admittedly difficult to make a case for him but yesterday he was let down by a bunch of players who couldn't give two fucks.

I hope this new low is the line in the sand we need.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He's been clueless for the last 12 months now. Was being carried by having inherited the best strike partnership in the league, even then he couldn't do his job right and set up a decent defence.

Terry Gibson's perm

Armchair yesterday but a season ticket holder and would be glad to see the back of him.

ecky

Yeh a pathetic excuse for a club...
The club is rotten from the core and Sisu deserve everything coming to them..
No excuses anymore pressley you've contributed nothing to the playing side, enough is enough and to quote Alan sugar "you're fired"

Hobo

I was hopeful when SP arrived, young manager an ex player returning to the club with something to prove. A manager who believed in developing youth and giving them a chance. Seemed to suit our circumstances.

I wasn't expecting miracles, and felt we needed a four year rebuild, steady progress not rapid. I hoped he would earn some loyalty and give us some management continuity which the club needs. We need a complete rebuild on and off the pitch.

Unfortunately he has had set backs, but that is management. Hence the term 'manage your resources'. I don't subscribe to it all being SP's fault. Non of us see how he runs the club on a day to day basis or how he coaches. The players still have to perform when it matters on their real day of work. They should have been competitive against Worcester.

We look lightweight opposition an vulnerable whatever formation we play....some fans have made too much of the formation.

But it he does seem to have lost his way. Yes he deserved a new contract but why he was given 4 years? It should have been two years reviewed every 12 months. Did SISU believe Huddersfield were coming in for him and trying to beef up their compensation claim? Or do they genuinely believe he is the man and he needs that time to realistically complete the job?

I think SISU have to make a decision. If they genuinely think SP is the right man, I think some investment is need to support him. We are short of a quality keeper, a quality centre half and two quality central midfielders.

Investment is also needed in our scouting system and our coaching staff to support him. Yes he should know what type of players he needs, but Sourcing the right players seems to be a real problem, I'm not sure that responsibility should realistically sit with SP.

These frailties have been at the club sometime, we need a revolution and development not short term fixes. That has to be led by our owners. Considering they made so much of their 'rigorous selection process' when appointing SP and then followed it up with a four year contract; I would suggest a few other reputations are on the line.

ecky

That 45 mins against Peterborough got SP some more time. Had he have lost that and lost Yesterday then I think the serious protests would have started.

The injury time goal against leyton orient saved his bacon

Cv3cov

Pressleys win ration at Falkirk was 44% at Cov its 33% he isnt going to suddenly turn this round to the 70% needed to get in play offs let alone auto promotion
So he needs to win 28 from remaining 32 games to get into play offs.
We need to cut our loses now and get rid, give someone else a chance.

fernandopartridge

I was hopeful when SP arrived, young manager an ex player returning to the club with something to prove. A manager who believed in developing youth and giving them a chance. Seemed to suit our circumstances.

I wasn't expecting miracles, and felt we needed a four year rebuild, steady progress not rapid. I hoped he would earn some loyalty and give us some management continuity which the club needs. We need a complete rebuild on and off the pitch.

Unfortunately he has had set backs, but that is management. Hence the term 'manage your resources'. I don't subscribe to it all being SP's fault. Non of us see how he runs the club on a day to day basis or how he coaches. The players still have to perform when it matters on their real day of work. They should have been competitive against Worcester.

We look lightweight opposition an vulnerable whatever formation we play....some fans have made too much of the formation.

But it he does seem to have lost his way. Yes he deserved a new contract but why he was given 4 years? It should have been two years reviewed every 12 months. Did SISU believe Huddersfield were coming in for him and trying to beef up their compensation claim? Or do they genuinely believe he is the man and he needs that time to realistically complete the job?

I think SISU have to make a decision. If they genuinely think SP is the right man, I think some investment is need to support him. We are short of a quality keeper, a quality centre half and two quality central midfielders.

Investment is also needed in our scouting system and our coaching staff to support him. Yes he should know what type of players he needs, but Sourcing the right players seems to be a real problem, I'm not sure that responsibility should realistically sit with SP.

These frailties have been at the club sometime, we need a revolution and development not short term fixes. That has to be led by our owners. Considering they made so much of their 'rigorous selection process' when appointing SP and then followed it up with a four year contract; I would suggest a few other reputations are on the line.

Good post.

It will take a long time to turn around a club that was, despite the move to Northampton, on a prolonged downward trajectory (since the stability of the post cup win to early Premier League years).

SBchimp

In the last 11 games, 7 defeats, 2 draws and 2 wins. One of the wins was the JPT against Exeter, who themselves lost this weekend to the might of Warrington.

Clearly something has to change, I don't normally blame managers, but I don't see how anyone can back SP's record.
Showing passion is great, talking a good game is OK, but sooner or later you have to deliver.

Jetstream-sama

The armchair lot are clamouring for him to go so for that reason I hope he stays.

It is admittedly difficult to make a case for him but yesterday he was let down by a bunch of players who couldn't give two fucks.

I hope this new low is the line in the sand we need.

Totally irrelevant, in fact, the armchair 'lot' have a damn sight more self-respect and common-fucking-sense than the blind Pavlov dogs contributing to the farce of CCFC.

It's like a religion isn't it, supporting CCFC? Blind, baseless faith in a cause that has no tangibility or reward.

Is it not inconceivable to consider that the die-hard CCFC fans are those abstaining from attending matches? Think about it.

Ashdown

I'm not ready to see or take part in all that protesting crap either. Despite some saying he's been handed a good budget I don't really buy into that and he said himself at that meeting the other night no one wanted to sign for the club most of the time they were in Northampton. There is no width and no pace in the team now and without that you are left having to try and pass your way round the opposition and we don't seem to be able to that very often either. I don't think Pressley is a great manager but I'm still ready to give him until after Xmas to turn things around, if by then we are in danger of relegation then he will have to go.

One other small note............the pitch was terrible yesterday, I dread to think how it will be by January ?

I shall take myself away from the misery for a few weeks and do other things, starting once again at the BPA on Saturday where quite frankly the whole experience is much better for body and soul.

Samo

Yes he needs to go and here's why:

1. Formations
Close season before last he sells McDonald because he will be playing 451 and won't need him, he then decides to switch to a 442 in which McDonald would have been very useful cover. He does later admit that this was an error to be fair but he does not replace him leaving us desperately short of cover after Clarke's departure.
Last close season he signs Swanson, O'brien and Coulibaly, all wingers, to play in his established 442. He then has his little World Cup Head Storm and switches to 352 leaving us with the wrong personel. The idea that you can play this system without proper wing backs is astonishing in itself.
After a disastrous start to the season he meekly switches back to 442 with hardly a mention!

2. Post-Match Interviews.
Just ridiculous. Full of superlatives and praise after abysmal performances to the point of farce. How can he be taken seriously?

3. Signings.
It does seem that he wouldn't know a player if he was beaten around the face and neck with one. Terrible record. Always banging on about DNA, it seems the required DNA for CCFC is somewhere around the bottom of the genetic barrel.

4. Loans
SP doesn't like loans, he told us so in no uncertain terms quite early in his tenure. We currently have 7.

5. Keepers.
It's plain for all to see that we have a problem here. But instead of bringing in an experienced keeper to steady the ship, SP signs a 7th striker.

6. The dressing room.
There are now indications that he has lost it.

The man is far too flakey for me, changes his mind with the wind, no constant philosophy, always carries an unbalanced squad and frankly I agree with Jordan Clarke, he doesn't know what he's doing and very much appears to be making it up as he goes along.
Please don't tell me he gives youth a chance... firstly, he has little option and secondly that is more to do with club policy than managerial decision making, the club sets the remit, the manager implements.

Bottom line: Not good enough and should go.

Last edited:

AndreasB

Anyone who defends him, are either delusional, or related.

45minutes and not 1 shot on target, the guy is so tactically inept, he makes Thorn look like Mourinho.

Take this thread how you want, I stand by my word, SP needs to go now!

Piss off mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecky

Piss off mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is allowed to write what he likes andreasb...looks like your a bit of a sensitive muppet to me
Truth hurts doesn't it?

Evo1883

Frees loans frees loans frees loans , so basically the same as most teams in league 1 then ?

Users who are viewing this thread