Match Thread Southend United vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 20th Oct (1 Viewer)

Philosorapter

Accrington are quite strong in this league according to Glicko. Very consistent.

wingy

I liked his.

"If we win today it will be back to back away wins and the 3rd away win in a row."
That kind of makes sense If a home game sandwiched the first and second away game .
Though I don't know if that's the case.

Paxman II

It's vital we start second half well so not to give them any confidence. First to the tackle and keep hold of the ball.

Nick

Administrator
That kind of makes sense If a home game sandwiched the first and second away game .
Though I don't know if that's the case.

We won the last away game at Charlton but lost the away game before against Bristol so wouldn't be the 3rd away win a row.

3rd win in a row, yes.

jordan210

Let’s just keep doing what we are doing and hopefully can get a second. Chaplin having a quiet game is fine. As like all good strikers only needed a to be busy for a minute and score

Nick

Administrator
It's the midfield and defence who need to be busy for the first 20 minutes.

Maybe if they commit more forward we might be able to exploit it.

Nick

Administrator
They have changed their full back on a booking for a striker....

No wonder they score in the second half with stuff like that.

skyblueinBaku

They have changed their full back on a booking for a striker....

No wonder they score in the second half with stuff like that.
That's a brave substitution. I hope it doesn't work.

JimmyHillsbeard

It's not a strong league but they were very very well organised last season, stick with that and you will grind results out. They're very similar to Burton really.

Yep. Plus this is exactly what Accrington did last season. Steady but not spectacular start and a consistent run for the whole season and suddenly they were in the autos, then top of the league.

Nick

Administrator
That chance / break they had then all came from a hospital ball from Doyle from a simple throw.

Nick

Administrator
Tom Davies with an amazing tackle,, they pulled him back and he kept going and smashed their player.

Better than the Dier one. Booked though :(

skyblueelephant76

Yep. Plus this is exactly what Accrington did last season. Steady but not spectacular start and a consistent run for the whole season and suddenly they were in the autos, then top of the league.
Accrington went 9 games last season where they played the same team and didn't make a single substitution. They seem to have amazing luck with injuries.

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread