Match Thread Southend United vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 15th Feb (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Team news in.

Storm Dennis will make his debut on Saturday with rain and 50mph winds.

Not going to be easy weather conditions again.

Adge

Just hoping the games on! 8-30am departure for us so hopefully they don’t postpone it in the way.:emoji_disappointed:

Evo1883

Would take a 1-0 own goal victory all day long.

I don't want to predict anymore as I don't want to jinx it lol

CovInEssex

How are ticket sales looking?

Not far from me so it makes a nice change not having to shoot up the M11. Although I will miss the old dears Sunday roast in beautiful Bedworth but It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Grendel

Worst home record and I think they’ve sold some players to raise funds in January so had to be a win

I’d guess he will swap Bakayoko and Godden as the only change

SkyBlueCRJ

I'd give the likes of Kelly and McCallum a rest against Southend. Unsure of who to put in that holding role as none of our midfielders can really play there except Eccles.

Apparently Southend were forced to field a few of their U23's against Peterborough due to injury woes. Last night they started with Rush (18), Egbri (18), Clifford (21), Mitchell-Nelson (19). Equally, their bench is littered with U23 players. Their four top scorers weren't in the starting lineup last night and some weren't even in the squad at all (likely out through injury).

To make matters worse they made zero signings during the Jan transfer window, lost Tom Hopper to Lincoln, as well as releasing two players.

They've only won 3 times all season, only one of which coming at home.

Not one to be underestimated but realistically we should be winning this one.

Speedies_Chips

I'd give the likes of Kelly and McCallum a rest against Southend. Unsure of who to put in that holding role as none of our midfielders can really play there except Eccles.

Apparently Southend were forced to field a few of their U23's against Peterborough due to injury woes. Last night they started with Rush (18), Egbri (18), Clifford (21), Mitchell-Nelson (19). Equally, their bench is littered with U23 players. Their four top scorers weren't in the starting lineup last night and some weren't even in the squad at all (likely out through injury).

To make matters worse they made zero signings during the Jan transfer window, lost Tom Hopper to Lincoln, as well as releasing two players.

They've only won 3 times all season, only one of which coming at home.

Not one to be underestimated but realistically we should be winning this one.
Who are the likes of Kelly and McCallum? Or do you actually mean Kelly and McCallum?
#footballcliches

Briles

Hate games like this. Players at the bottom will be out to impress.

I'd be fine with a 1 goal win.

ccfchoi87

Not far from me so it makes a nice change not having to shoot up the M11. Although I will miss the old dears Sunday roast in beautiful Bedworth but It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Think we’ll sell out. Only a couple of hundred made general sale iirc

ccfc92

We have been given a full allocation of 1,528 tickets for the game – unreserved, covered seating. Currently, 1,196 tickets have been sold.

That was as of 10th Feb.

shmmeee

Another must win really. Looking at blocks of five we need ten points from this, Rochdale, Rotherham, Sunderland and Ipswich, so wins here and at Rochdale needed or we are relying on more results like last night. That said we haven’t won four on the bounce all season.

Heart: 3-0 city
Head: 0-0

Go 352 and put Baka and Godden up top

Marosi
Rose McFad Hyam
Dabo Kelly Allen Walsh Giles
Baka Godden

Switch it up second half if need be.

Reactions: vow

Briles

hmm I think they will postpone if its as bad as predicted

ccfc92

We have been given a full allocation of 1,528 tickets for the game – unreserved, covered seating. Currently, 1,196 tickets have been sold.

That was as of 10th Feb.

Last minute decision/still buzzing from last night, so that's 2 more sold! #PUSB

Paxman II

We should win this one no exceptions. These are the games we should take advantage of and post another 3 certain points, but football can be a funny old game so players must have a goodmental attitude and no cockyness!
0-3

Londonccfcfan

All sorts of turmoil going on there reading the news today.

Should and will win. But as usual it wont be a walk in the park, but 3 points is all that matters.

Id go with same team, looking at the goals they conceded vs posh yesterday, looks like they struggled with midfielders running at their back four!

2-1 win for us.

usskyblue

‘Storm Dennis’ ? ffs. Expect extensive damage.

thumb_we-will-rebuild-know-your-meme-52178662.png

We wash our cars in fuckinghurricanes m8

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread