Southampton sack adkins (1 Viewer)

Black6Osprey

Nature of the beast. One minute the best manager ever the next... It's unfortunate but you are only as good as your recent results and if you are not doing as we'll as you claimed you would or are expected to do, then it's the old Spanish archer for you.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It was that draw against Chelsea and the 2 defeats in the last 12 that did for him ........:facepalm:

Complete madness

Sub

mark hughes will be his replacement after the great job he did at QPR;) :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: the world of football is crazy a great result at chelsea and then sack the manager

Black6Osprey

Mauricio someone or other who I've never heard of from Argentina.

Adkins had 10 pts from his last 9 games. That would good enough for a lot of clubs of Souhamptons stature but its clearly not good enough for the man in charge with the money. I suppose its only madness if the new guy does worse than Adkins.

Sub

:thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:pochettino is the new manager, who the fook is he

Skyblueloyal

Crazy ....makes you wonder if its worth getting in to the Premiership or into football management in general

scroobiustom

This is utterly insane, but to be expected from a club that once employed a rugby world cup winning coach to a director position thinking the would work!

Also Nott'm Forest sacked their former county cricket director yesterday, is football becoming elitist? :rolleyes:

TheHellion

Find this decision senseless. Adkins record at Southampton speaks for itself really. I have a feeling this is a gamble that is not going to work out for them.

Johnnythespider

There just ain't no loyalty in football no more, i just don't like the premier league, players and managers who get clubs promoted are just discarded like rubbish.

rob9872

Mental decision.

I like Southampton as a club (often think of them as similar to us and there fans seem a decent sort), but I kind of hope they get relegated for decisions like this (unless it's at the expense of the Villa of course!)

RoboCCFC90

Yes it was :claping hands:

I only remember it because my father won £500 on a bet for that game and kept the video ever since which I have seen over and over again!

Covstu

This was a shocking action by Southampton. Shit on Adkins from a great height, I would totally understand it if they were rock bottom but they have vastly improved and a cracking point at Chelsea recently. This was in the frame for a long time, you would bring in a manager like that on a whim. absolutely shocking decision, I hope the fuckers get relegated now, I used to wish them well!!!

kg82

Feel very sorry for the fans. I'm like rob, think if them in the same kind if bracket as us. Mental decision.

CCFCSteve

It's the type of decision that gets you relegated !!! New bloke doesn't even speak English. Anyone who wins back to back promotions deserves to stop even if the club goes down

BackRoomRummermill

The Saints fans will revolt, this will be worse than RB at Chelsea. The man has been hung out to dry , a british manager may I say replaced by an Argentine Spanish football failure.

DISGRACEFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Robins

Crazy, stupid decision, hopefully he'll go on to do well for himself like Chris Houghton, and yeah, like others I hope they go down now. Nothing against the fans because I agree, for the longest time we were very similar clubs and their fans have been great, but this is one of those monumentally stupid decisions that you just want to see punished in some form

Users who are viewing this thread