Southampton Ratings (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Tavares only one who gets any credit.
Collins awful
Lati Awful
Ohare Awful
Wright Awful

Robins best change was the one he was forced into, the others came way too late and the DaSilva / Binks ones were strange.

Another completely inept ref who probably had a bet on a booking within 5 minutes.

SeaSeeEffCee

Collins 6
Latibeaudiere 4
Thomas 6
Kitching 6
Bidwell 7
Sheaf 6
Eccles 6
O’Hare 5
van Ewijk 5
Simms 5
Wright 4

Tavares 7
Torp 6
Palmer 5
Dasilva 5
Binks 5

Blind-Faith

Collins 4
Latibeaudiere 5
Thomas 7
Kitching 6
Bidwell 8
Sheaf 6
Eccles 6
O’Hare 5
van Ewijk 5
Simms 6
Wright 3

Tavares 8 MOTM
Torp 6
Palmer 6
Dasilva 6
Binks 6

Too many players had an off night, which you can’t afford to do against Southampton

skybluecam

Collins 4
Bidwell 7
Kitching 5
Thomas 5
Lati
Sheaf 4
Eccles 5
O’Hare 6
Wright 2
Simms 6
MVE 5

Tavares 7
Rest meh

steve101

Collins 5
Latibeudiere 6
Thomas 6
Kitching 5
Bidwell 8 motm
Eccles 6
Sheaf 5
O'Hare 6
Van Ewijk 6
Simms 6
Wright 4

Tavares 8
Palmer 6
Torp 5
Dasilva 6
Binks 7

Martin180

Thomas and Bidwell
Sheaf and Eccles second half
Simms

only ones who played to their level

Torp was lively when he came on
Tavares created a lot too
Palmer came on too late

stupot07

Collins 4
Lati 4
Thomas 6
Kitching 5
Bidwell 7
Eccles 5
Sheaf 5
MVE 6
O'Hare 5
Wright 4
Simms 5

Subs
Tavares 6
Palmer 5
Dasilva 6
Torp 5
Binks 5

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Collins: 5 - Don't buy the arguments that he kept the score down. A couple of respectable saves, but the second goal was abysmal.
Latibeaudiere: 4 - Does some things ok, but to me feels like one of our weaker players whenever he plays.
Thomas: 5 - Pissing around with it too much. Sometimes he plays like he's stoned. Today felt like one of those days.
Kitching: 6 - Was alright.
Bidwell 7 - One of our better players. Happy he scored.
Sheaf: 4 - Crap. Sloppy passing and impotent going forward. Don't think he's got a single assist this season.
Eccles: 6 - Better than the above, not that this forum will probably be able to deal with that. Shame he got booked as he should have stayed on.
O’Hare: 5 - Hope it was just tiredness towards the end but he looked lethargic.
van Ewijk: 5 - Had another so so game. Probably would have been useful later in the game but ran into the goalkeeper.
Simms: 6 - He didn't have a lot to work with tonight. He was fighting at least.
Wright: 4 - One of those performances that caused people to get mad earlier in the season. Just flapped around and looked weak as shit.

Tavares at least gave it a go. Torp has the vision which is useful. Not sure I can say much else from the substitutes. Overall a very frustrating evening and you have to do better with what what was at stake. We went to war with Leeds and come out stronger, but whimper out to Cardiff, then look off tonight as well. I can only say a muttered thank you to Sheffield Wednesday for keeping the playoff dream still alive.

lifeskyblue

Bidwell v good. Simms, Thomas, Eccles good. Rest average. Does O’Hare seriously think he will be picked up by a premier league club. Today he was a headless chicken for the most part.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Collins 6 poor for the second but made lots of saves otherwise
Lati 6 was exposed but stuck with it
Thomas 6
Kitching 6
Bidwell 7 good goal, DaSilva offers nothing like him
Sheaf 5 better second half but wasn't at anywhere near his best
Eccles 6
O'Hare 6
Wright 5 poor, decision making not right, too willing to take the safe and easy option, not direct enough
Simms 6

Torp 5
Da Silva 4
Palmer 4
Tavares 6 Great cross for the goal but too often opted for the safe ball backwards in good positions
Binks 4 not sure what he offers, not brave with his passing at all and defensively all over the place

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

mmttww

Are we going down again now?

Arnold Schwarzenegger Smile GIF

stupot07

Our ball retention was sloppy, just looking at the comparison of Eccles and Sheaf from Saturday to tonight, it's a stark difference. That's not all on them, they have to have options to pass to, be given the ball in decent areas, etc.

Vs Leeds
Pass % completion

Eccles 84.4%
Sheaf 83.9%

Vs Southampton

Eccles 69.6%
Sheaf 76.6%

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Just got back home.

Collins 4....so slow and ponderous.
Lats........5
Thomas..6
Kitching...5
Bidwell.....7
MVE........6
Sheaf......6
Eccles.....5
Wright.....2..Back to his pre Dec..type.
Ohare......6
Simms.....6

Tavares...7.5 ..put Wright to shame.
Torp..........6

Cba with rest.

messiahrobins

Collins 5
Latabadieure 5 (not a long term RB he is a CB)
Thomas 5
Kitching 4
Bidwell 7
Eccles 6
Sheaf 5
MVE 4 (out of position so admire him for giving his all)
Ohare 3 (Palmer is better now)
Wright 4
Simms 5

Subs:
Torp 4
Tavares 6
Palmer 5
Da Silva 3 (needs selling our weakest link)
Binks 5 (strange substitution that one)

messiahrobins

Tavares only one who gets any credit.
Collins awful
Lati Awful
Ohare Awful
Wright Awful

Robins best change was the one he was forced into, the others came way too late and the DaSilva / Binks ones were strange.

Another completely inept ref who probably had a bet on a booking within 5 minutes.
There is nothing to suggest O'hare is premier league level. We need an upgrade in the no10 role, even if Ohare was not leaving id be tempted to move him on and keep Palmer as back up no.10.
if Dough is going to spend big in one position that no.10 role is where the money needs spending.

Brighton Sky Blue

There is nothing to suggest O'hare is premier league level. We need an upgrade in the no10 role, even if Ohare was not leaving id be tempted to move him on and keep Palmer as back up no.10.
if Dough is going to spend big in one position that no.10 role is where the money needs spending.
Agreed, and with it being clear as day that COH is going, hopefully we already know who that player is. Just need the funds to get him it seems

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeh that's it, I love O'Hare but I trust us to go and get even better which is exciting. The kick in the balls is we get no money for him.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Yeah, but at least with Gyokeres hopefully moving in the summer for his release clause, we’ll get the equivalent of a good fee anyway.

torchomatic

Didn't get back until one, so leaving this until this morning.

All be said, I guess, but the first half we were really poor. Wright had his worst game for a long time and Thomas, Eccles and Sheaf gave the ball away constantly. Very frustrating.

Good cross for the goal from Tavares, but again, he lost it all too often. We don't have games like that very often now. Just a shame it happened at the business end of the season.

speedie87

Collins 4
Lati 5
Thomas 6
Kitching 6
Bidwell 7
Sheaf 5
Eccles 5
O’hare 6
Move 6
Simms 6
Wright 4

Torp 5 need to see him start again to judge better but he’s really struggling to get up to speed when coming on as sub wants far to long on the ball

Tav 6 couple of crosses but also far to slight weight and losing possession

Martin180

Yeh that's it, I love O'Hare but I trust us to go and get even better which is exciting. The kick in the balls is we get no money for him.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
The huge positive is we are an attractive side to join so it shouldn't be too difficult to attract players come the summer.
Over the last few seasons we have shown we can compete in this division and at the same time develop and improve players

Users who are viewing this thread