Southampton, How a club should be ran? (1 Viewer)

agreed, dropping down a league and admin seemed to work a treat for them, but they also have a good solid fan base and own their own stadium, invested heavily in their academy for years and now enjoying the fruits of their labour, just shows what can be done from a fresh clean balance sheet

cstring82

Yeah I agree Trond, I wish we had put more money into our academy as its only seemed to be happening now we've had to sell more senior players, rather than the odd one or two we've had every now and again.

well a club can only benefit from running a good academy, long gone are the days of "your too small" etc the game has progressed since then, although i admit its probably still happening at certain places,

clubs like Crewe have always done this as in the end selling products of their youth academys have provided the club from continuous investment, almost like a second income stream,

im a firm believer in "grow your own" i mean Middlesbrough nearly fielded a team of players born within something like a 20 mile radius a few years back, must be satisfying for the fans and club,

Who knows Bigi or Cyrus might be sold somewhere for £5-10million in a year or two, and maybe just maybe, SISU may invest a significant figure into the squad and use that for a promotion charge.

bamalamafizzfazz

Who knows Bigi or Cyrus might be sold somewhere for £5-10million in a year or two, and maybe just maybe, SISU may invest a significant figure into the squad and use that for a promotion charge.

Most likely 50K-100K. That's the other difference between the clubs they have sold players well. Bale, Walcott, Chamberlain all went for a high price as should have Fox, Dann, Best and McSheffrey over the years.

Covstu

i remember we had a nice little article about who well our club is ran not too long ago???

Users who are viewing this thread