Match Thread Southampton - Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 9th Apr (4 Viewers)

nunchuckas

Beat Blues, Preston get a result at home to Norwich and it's back in our hands.

Preston winning tonight was massive for us, Norwich have looked unstoppable recently, so their capitulation tonight, combined with being up against a fighting to the death Preston could hopefully put it back in our favour if we beat blues. Then we need to match everyone else or better, as teams hopefully drop the odd point here or there.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think we need quality not quantity in the summer. Certainly a good Calum replacement.
Defensively is more complex. It isn’t solid enough, but who will MR drop?
And are there any assertive keepers anymore?

Yeah agree. Unfortunately we’ve lost Tatsu and EMC didn’t come to us in Jan. 2 great attackers that would have helped us in this final push.

SeaSeeEffCee

I think we need quality not quantity in the summer. Certainly a good Calum replacement.
Our defenders seem to play well individually most weeks but we give up some really ridiculous goals. Only kept 3 clean sheets in the last 21 games and one of those was against bloody Maidstone and one was against Rotherham.

Major Tom

Said it before problem in this league is keeping quality players on the bench in the championship, unless your are paying them well enough to keep them happy.
…but agree we need more quality .. their passing looked a league above us tonight.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Ok
Preston Vs Norwich
Norwich Vs Bristol
Norwich Vs Swansea
Birmingham Vs Norwich

Whatever points they get we need to better that by 5 points with 1 more game.
Realistically Norwich will get between 7-10 points is my guess, so we need 12-15 points from our 5 games.

Nearly impossible we win all 5, 4 out of 5 is still a big ask but will be the minimum to give us a chance.

MikeyMoo

Ouch Hull 2 points behind us and PNE with a game in hand. They have us and Ipswich to come but the pressure below from PNE, Borough and Hull is as hardcore as the pressure from Norwich and WBA above. Argh!

Matt smith

Ouch Hull 2 points behind us and PNE with a game in hand. They have us and Ipswich to come but the pressure below from PNE, Borough and Hull is as hardcore as the pressure from Norwich and WBA above. Argh!
Preston haven’t got a game in hand for one

Boro have hull Leeds and Ipswich next 3

Preston have rough fixtures

IMO we’ll finish top 8

Skyblueweeman

Just back home after tonight's game.

Disappointing result but think Southampton on balance deserved the 3 points.

Had Haji Wrights penalty gone in, could've been a different outcome.

Referee was toilet. And heard on the way home that Norwich dropped points so at least that's a positive.

Safe journey home to the rest of the SBA with longer journeys than me.

MikeyMoo

Realistically Norwich will get between 7-10 points is my guess, so we need 12-15 points from our 5 games.

Nearly impossible we win all 5, 4 out of 5 is still a big ask but will be the minimum to give us a chance.
But if they get 6 points from 4 games, then 3 wins and 2 draws will get us over the line. 74 points and GD. PNE to beat them and a shock loss to... Brum on the last day to save themselves from relegation!

skybluecam

He was bizarre tonight , some fouls on our players not given yet identical fouls on them given without a thought
Lati gets a yellow 2 mins in for blocking/holding Armstrong then their player does exactly the same to Wright not 5 mins later and gets nothing.

The ref on Saturday also just decided to give them everything in added time.

I genuinely don’t know what kind of assessment/quality control goes on with refereeing performances. So much inconsistency.

pusbccfc

Just seen the goals and it makes me want VAR. Two handballs that get disallowed within 30 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread