Match Thread Southampton - Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 9th Apr (2 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

Yeah I just think we’ve got hull to play in our game in hand 2 days after wembley

it’s a tough ask 5 points with a wafer thin squad
Stop whinging you doom mongerer. Do you not find it boring being so negative?

hamertime

Yeah I just think we’ve got hull to play in our game in hand 2 days after wembley

it’s a tough ask 5 points with a wafer thin squad
My gut feeling at January was we didn’t back Robins. We can still do it but need luck. Next season we should be a different animal.

skybluelad

If Norwich lose to Preston away, and we win on the weekend, we go into the Hull game knowing a win will take us top 6

Keep the faith

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Cally Fedora

Difference tonight was they controlled the ball better in midfield and generally passed better than us. Having said that we missed a pen and suffered a goalkeeping howler. The game itself felt a lot like our play off chances - just out of reach.

PVA

The ref set the standard of what a foul with yellow card was within 3 minutes.

Going off that, there were about 6. (Couple for them too).

Felt like he wanted to make an early statement that he was on charge and wasn't going to take any shit...

...then realised that of he carried on like that the game would have to be abandoned after 20 minutes with too many players dismissed.

Major Tom

Was always going to a tough ask beating Leeds and Southampton back to back but we gave it good go second half. Their quality around the box and depth of squad stood out. They will still be shite in the prem if they go up.

clint van damme

We will beat Brum on Saturday and Norwich will lose at Preston. 2 points behind Norwich in 6th with a game in hand. Think that's a real possability. This is not over yet.

I agree it's not over, just think it's going to be very difficult and on balance I think we'll fall short.
That would mean we're realistic play off contenders until the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season and FA cup semi finalists, play off last season and play off contenders until first week of April The season before.

It wasn't that long ago that all that seemed impossible so great times to support the club despite the disappointments

stupot07

Play offs are pretty much over, bar winning all 5 of our remaining games. Just can't see it happening, with our squad and the number of fixtures we have in such a short space of time.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
If it was a foul on Lati for the pen he gave, they did one on MVE at the end of the first half that was actually worse.

skybluecam

That game has baffled me tbh, was fine blaming it on fatigue and lack of depth after the weekend but then we came out second half and were much better. Could’ve had a point in the end.

CCFCSteve

Leeds apparently very flat tonight. Leicester lose against Milwall. It’s just that stage of the season where games can take their toll and you have to hope you can dig out the odd result from poor tired performances

Users who are viewing this thread