South Korea (1 Viewer)

Otis

Just given away two absolute stone cast penalties and on both occasions have gone mental, surrounded the ref and protested like they were the worst ever decisions in the history of the game of football.

Hate to see that sort of thing. Really gets my back up. Both clear pens. Just accept the decisions and get on with the game.

I would have booked the lot of them protesting for dissent.

Otis

Why do players ever contest referees decisions? When has a ref ever changed his decision after protest ????

Can accept a bit of a protest when they feel hard done by. Guess that's only natural. But to surround the ref as if there has been some terrible injustice when it's a stonewall pen is just plain wrong on every level.

Marty

You'd have thought most of these players have never seen a football before. Terrible.

Tad

Really? We let him take a penalty shot? Really?...

...speechless...

We should of took it more serious. Our "national sport" has let us down once again on one of the biggest nights for British sport. Change is coming I think and it's about time too. We're clearly better at anything but football.

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

As soon as Pearce was named manager it wasn't being taken seriously. Boring and one demsional. one man up front from what I heard...against bloody Korea !

Hopefully that will keep him away from the national side. Legend as a player but found wanting as manager

CCFCSteve

Haha, fair point. U know what im saying tho. But at home, grinding out a sorry 120 min draw against Korea ?!

Grendel

Who cares. Tonight was a great Olympic night. I didn't even know team GB was playing and less did I care. Imagine of penalties had been won and the Beckham creature was involved and how he would have attempted to wrestle the media spotlight from Ennis. Farrah etc. look at the dignity and delight in their interviews. Then look at Bellamy, Goggs et al.

CCFCSteve

Feel sorry for anyone watching the football tonight rather than the proper Olympics.

Just think paying a fair few quid to watch over 2 hours of durge then after the game finding out you've missed the best ever night of British athletics ! Gutted !

Sutty

Think it's worth remembering that Sturridge battled meningitis to play in the Olympics. It meant a lot to him.

Gareth Bale faked an injury and went on tour with Spurs. I know who the true villain is.

Macca

Found it incredibly difficult to get passionate about a GB football team but I guess we aren t used to it

Paxman II

Never expected much more from the outset for team GB under Pearce. The team selected could have been far stronger, Beckham's ommission was a huge mistake and Harry Redknap should have been the manager/coach. The FA interfered much too much with an Olympic event.

ccfcway

bizarre that the football was so flat, really enjoyed the matches i saw live, but had no interest in watching it on tv

Users who are viewing this thread