Songs you hate (1 Viewer)

Otis

Yeah, I liked Undertones, Gen X, Ruts. I was a little ambivalent about the Damned and the Ramones. Was never bothered about the Pistols either apart from a few singles. I liked a lot of the new wave bands too. Ultravox with John Foxx too were a favourite of mine.

Yeah, I liked both incarnations of Ultravox and also followed John Foxx's solo efforts.

I was big into new wave and electronic stuff, so Joy Division, New Order, Depeche Mode, Human League, Devo, Kraftwerk, Ultravox, Thomas Dolby etc.

Otis

Yeah, I liked Undertones, Gen X, Ruts. I was a little ambivalent about the Damned and the Ramones. Was never bothered about the Pistols either apart from a few singles. I liked a lot of the new wave bands too. Ultravox with John Foxx too were a favourite of mine.

I raise you....

Great song.

vow

"Don't look back in anger" by Oasis.

Nice sentiment, shit song.

Gazolba

I can't stand anything by Paul McCartney and Wings.

ajsccfc

I just called to say I love you. The thing I hate most about it is that the artist has done so many good songs and then this shit is (I think I’m right in saying) his most successful song ever. In terms of sales, critical acclaim and awards.

It's between that and Ebony and Ivory, the other of the two songs I like to pretend he had nothing to do with. Stevie Wonder's a musical Simpsons to me, the best thing in the history of the medium until a certain point that has now gone on for longer but I'm generally happy to ignore

Ccfcsj

Anything by Abba. If they come on the radio it gets turned off. Also quite a lot of the latest chart music - maybe I'm too old :-D

tommydazzle

Love all kinds of music except rap. Such inanely juvenile lyrics and laughable posturing - it's the low point in popular music and I pity the generation that has that to look back on as the background to their youth.
Agree with Town Called Malice - it's just too jangly.

Otis

Some rap is great.

I love some of Eminem's stuff and so too Public Enemy and NWA and Salt and Peppa.

A lot is just dreary nonsense though.

Last edited:

wingy

Some rap us great.

I love some of Eminem's stuff and so too Public Enemy and NWA and Salt and Peppa.

Yeah love a bit eminem too ,along with the streets bit of Gil Scott Heron.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I can't stand that bloody "Ten Green Bottles Hanging on the Wall." Goes on far too long. And what a stupid ending? I mean, who would hang ten green bottles on a wall, anyway? Just for them to accidentally fall? That song is way too deep for me!

skybluetony176

Some rap is great.

Can’t beat a bit of Run DMC either.

I love rap music myself. It’s social commentary and from the heart like a lot of good music. What makes me laugh is when politicians start using it as a scapegoat for behaviour as if the music came before the social environment that the political system has created.

Johnnythespider

A song i hate by a band i love, "the king of rock & roll" by Prefab Sprout. A song written to please the record company, I think one of the reasons i dislike it so much is that it is the only track by them that you hear played on the radio.

ccfctommy

A song i hate by a band i love, "the king of rock & roll" by Prefab Sprout. A song written to please the record company, I think one of the reasons i dislike it so much is that it is the only track by them that you hear played on the radio.

I love that song but thats one of the only Prefab Sprout song I know!

Hot dog...jumping frog...Albuquerque

Captain Dart

Trouble with this topic is if I identify a song I hate I will have it stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Its a trap.. stay out of here!

wingy

Steve Mcqueen is a great album.

wingy

Trouble with this topic is if I identify a song I hate I will have it stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Its a trap.. stay out of here!
Yep same here, the ones that I find tedious, as I think it's important to try and recognise peoples talent regardless of genre, tend to get me whistlng.
Inexplicable! !:'(

Otis

Out of the gladiators? I think we all did!

This just reinforces how much I don't watch ITV.

Just spent 3 minutes searching on Google for a record by Wings called 'Out of the Gladiators'.

Last edited:

Mcbean

something that is like a biro being stabbed in my eye is Stevie Wonder - "i just called to say i love you" from such a master who could make songs like Superstition and Master blaster

Users who are viewing this thread