Songs We No Longer Sing (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Haven’t heard “City till I die” for a while

SkyBlueSoul

We hate Nottingham Forest
We hate Everton too
We hate Man United
But City we love you

Probably been many versions down the years, think that was from late 90's/early 00's.

alexccfc99

I can’t believe that only just over 10 years ago our fans used to sing “She said yes Marlon, she’s a slag Marlon” and there was no pushback…

pusbccfc

One of my favourite songs from about ten years ago was
Away, away, away,
We'll follow the City away,
No matter how far,
Train or by car,
We'll follow the City away.

Simple, effective and kept going for a few minutes. Was brilliant for one season and then stopped.

One of my other favourites which could be reused is 'He scores when he wants, David McGoldrick he scores when he wants'.

I know we copy a few songs like all clubs do, but we have a seriously impressive range of songs. Not many at this level the same.

pusbccfc

“And we’re Coventry City, Coventry City FC; we’re by far the greatest team that you will ever see”.

That had a run out for a few months at away games during the Sixfields seasons. Remember it being loud at MK Dons.

stay_up_skyblues

“Left side/right side, give us a song”

and

“We’re the left/right side over here”

Both had a good few seasons’ run after the Ricoh move iirc. Around the aforementioned Jesus years.

Sky Blue Harry H

Remember Forest singing 'where's your caravan?' at Chippo and Hadji' at the City Ground.

Tiswas/Swapshop replaced the Celtic/Rangers chant when games were boring.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

'Your suit's from Matalan' - Millwall away 2015, at some deranged Millwall fan that was wearing a suit. He absolutely lost it and got kicked out.

'She said yes Marlon' - don't think that one needs any introduction.

Mcbean

Especially for Mark Hughes

you’ll be sacked in the morning to the tune of we’re going to score in a minute

dadgad

Pretty minimalist, but in the Jimmy Hill years (and probably a bit later) I can remember "Cooooventry, Cooooventry" reverberating around Highfield Road. Didn't matter what age you were, and you didn't need to know any words, so it was really the ENTIRE crowd. Surprisingly inspiring.

Yeah, definitely kept us up that chant, it was HUGE!

SheafIsGod

The Gary Breen song got sang at length at Fulham away last year
I remember it at half-time against Rochdale in the L1 covid season too. It gets going every now and then.

While we're on the subject - why has "you fat bastard" been replaced with the awful "you're shit... ahhhh" when the opposition goalie takes a goal kick? Very small time.

Users who are viewing this thread