Something is different (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

I have this feeling of momentum building on and off the pitch , recent new signings and general positivity, it’s like there is a massive push not to be safe in the championship but actually go for the premiership this upcoming season

Reality my hit me with a bump ! But i as every season will be betting on promotion and champions , put some money into the help a season ticket fund with some of the winnings

hill83

Love the optimism, but people need to be careful thinking like this. My main worry with it, and I'm not saying this is you, is if and when we do lose a few games, people will turn on Robins and the team.

Check the match threads on here from a season when we only lost 3 games.

SkyBlueScottie

Imperative we keep the majority of this group together. Even if we go down, they've shown they are more than good enough for league 1.

jim20

I’m surprised at some of the signings we’ve made, and the fact we’ve actually spent some big money on fees. We haven’t done that in a long time, and I didn’t think we would do that even going up this season under SISU, so it does give a reason to hope

hill83

I’m surprised at some of the signings we’ve made, and the fact we’ve actually spent some big money on fees. We haven’t done that in a long time, and I didn’t think we would do that even going up this season under SISU, so it does give a reason to hope

For us it's big money, but for the championship it's pence.

Anyway, champions league in 3 years.

Sick Boy

They’re big fees in terms of League 1, the Championship has changed a fair bit since we last there.

Tommo1993

I’m usually pretty useless with betting. But in our L2 season I had us to finish top 7. After our pretty good finish in the 18/19 season I put money on us finishing top 6 this season. Both worked. Probably won’t put us top 6 this 20/21 season, meaning this comment was pointless. Thanks for reading. Maybe next season.

Sky Blue Pete

I’m usually pretty useless with betting. But in our L2 season I had us to finish top 7. After our pretty good finish in the 18/19 season I put money on us finishing top 6 this season. Both worked. Probably won’t put us top 6 this 20/21 season, meaning this comment was pointless. Thanks for reading. Maybe next season.
Ive said to my son 6th

Dickie

We obviously can be positive, but they say the Championship Is the most competitive league in the world for a reason. Look at the teams near the bottom at the moment. I’d be happy with a mid table finish and a season of consolidation! Then push on from there.

BackRoomRummermill

I think what I am trying to say really if you think we are over achieving then you will be on the negative side in that we will just survive , we never saw our last season played out , we could have gone up by early mid April the way it was going , that’s my cause for optimism , I know I will get slapped but we have the momentum getting in the new players will help this , but I can’t help feel sorry for the guys that got us here which may not feature .

cc84cov

The signings made so far I’m not getting carried away we haven’t signed anyone proven in the championship we will have the odd dudd but fingers crossed they can all hit the ground running,Liam Walsh will be a huge miss for me Hamer will have big boots to fill.

stay_up_skyblues

The transfer activity is positive and, coupled with the now very experienced and successful management team, it’s easy to be optimistic. But as has been said, three losses and the boo boys will be out.

The aim is obviously staying up but stranger things have happened. In fact, I’m sure there’s been a few back to back promotions In recent years. Sheff Utd still have a core of players from the lower leagues don’t they?

It will turn on whether the likes of Dabo, Rose and O’Hare are top level players when fully developed and Hamer being an absolute find. Not impossible.

skybluetony176

Not going straight back down will be an awesome accomplishment next season. People should be mindful of that for the entirety of the season. Certain people will inevitably be calling for Robins to go though even/especially if we’re looking like a comfortable mid table team the whole season.

Rodders1

I’m setting my expectations to surviving next season and then a push for playoffs the following one. (Thus anything better is a bonus!)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm clueless as to how next season may go. We've got good things like momentum, squad unity. Bad are probably a low budget compared to most. Then there's the long gap which could go either way and the stadum situation regarding money/pitch and if crowds will be allowed in.

So if in doubt, 17th.

shmmeee

Few things:

- Even if we lost every game I’d keep Robins if he’ll stay.
- I’ll be ecstatic with any survival finish

That said, I’m allowing myself a little dream. We’ve got another three or four to come in, if they’re of a similar quality to what we’ve already brought in, and the current squad steps up again (perfectly possible with such a young squad. I remember people writing off Max, Kelly, Shipley coming into L1 and they all excelled and only Shipley is young!) then I do think we could surprise a few. Momentum and confidence count for so much and this club is absolutely buzzing. At Cov return would send that into overdrive.

Sky Blue Pete

Few things:

- Even if we lost every game I’d keep Robins if he’ll stay.
- I’ll be ecstatic with any survival finish

That said, I’m allowing myself a little dream. We’ve got another three or four to come in, if they’re of a similar quality to what we’ve already brought in, and the current squad steps up again (perfectly possible with such a young squad. I remember people writing off Max, Kelly, Shipley coming into L1 and they all excelled and only Shipley is young!) then I do think we could surprise a few. Momentum and confidence count for so much and this club is absolutely buzzing. At Cov return would send that into overdrive.
Love it

covcity4life

If last few years has taught us anything its that whatever curse Cov had is being lifted

Dream away. Lately they have come true

shmmeee

Where would we sit on here if back to the Ricoh?

Just above Swansea I reckon. Two or three progressive seasons in the Championship and potentially around Brum levels? Maybe even pushing top six.

Working:
My rule of thumb is +30% for promotion +\- 10% based on season performance without. 12.5k last season at the Ricoh, +10% last year = 13.75k + 30% this year is just under 18k, add another ten percent to that two years running = 21.6k

Take a bit off for the St Andrews debacle and stuff maybe, call it 20-21k as an established a Championship side.

That’s enough to fund a competitive squad right?

Last edited:

ms639

Lol.

Very silly - let’s finish 21st and build!

This season will be very tough for us, staying up is everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread