Some of you lot are easily impressed (1 Viewer)

shy_tall_knight

We have not won a league game since March
we were relegated in April
we our just outside the relegation zone in the third tier of league football
we don't have a manager
our crowds are rapidly declining

Yet Fisher & Co are the best thing since Curtis & Sillett. Fancy talk by educated people in good suits don't win football games.

ampthill_sba

we don't have a manager

Yet Fisher & Co are the best thing since Curtis & Sillett. Fancy talk by educated people in good suits don't win football games.

Your bullet points are correct but it's the most positive feedback from a board in ages...we're clinging to hope like a drowning man and a piece of flotsam

wingy

Your bullet points are correct but it's the most positive feedback from a board in ages...we're clinging to hope like a drowning man and a piece of flotsam

Not quite all correct we are in the bottom four and the two above have a game in hand.

AFCCOVENTRY

This is the best operational team we have had under SISU for a while...

do you really want Iggy and Tango man running our day to day operations again?

These 2 guys did a sterling job at Charlton.

Evans020

I think the near future for ccfc looks brighter than it has done for a good 15-20 years in terms of stability.we just need a leader now to really start the revolution :)

Grendel

we don't have a manager

No-one I think is suggesting they are heroes. However, they did try and answer questions as honestly as any people in that sort of environment would. The truth is they cannot win. Whatever they say is treated with dersion and suspicion or they are just called liars or morons. I suspect if you are honest with yourself then there is nothing that they could ever have said to reassure you.

I have said all along we were always going to be relegated. Most teams that have been relegated from the top flight and have not quickly bounced back have fell into this league. We talk as if this is a division not good enough for us. Far bigger clubs have languised here.

As for declining crowds well take them for a while at face value and go in numbers to the ground. 20,000 home fans a week would make a huge difference. Supporters sometimes have to show their commitment in bad times. This is the time.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think the near future for ccfc looks brighter than it has done for a good 15-20 years in terms of stability.we just need a leader now to really start the revolution :)

and that is what fisher and waggott were saying. There have been a lot of changes including backroom but Thorn wasn't able to lead them and gel everyone. The football manager is the face of the club and they need a true leader to bring the best out of everyone.

ajsccfc

It puzzles me how people read things and somehow get the kind of impression that prompts this thread.

shy_tall_knight

As the initial poster I was prompted by headings such as fishy & Wago are the right people to be in charge, gave Thorn a chance to build a squad only to sack him a week into the season and yet to have a replacement, sounds a monumental cock up even if there suits were well pressed.

lordsummerisle

As the initial poster I was prompted by headings such as fishy & Wago are the right people to be in charge, gave Thorn a chance to build a squad only to sack him a week into the season and yet to have a replacement, sounds a monumental cock up even if there suits were well pressed.

Would say that all the points you have mentioned have been addressed except for point 4, which is addressing the other points hopefully soon.

tippex9

I think our amount of easily impressed is lower than our easily outraged tbh

TheSnoz

This from Grendel is about spot on.

"20,000 home fans a week would make a huge difference. Supporters sometimes have to show their commitment in bad times. This is the time."

This is most definitely the time. Sick notes, are you fans or what?

mexico88

This from Grendel is about spot on.

"20,000 home fans a week would make a huge difference. Supporters sometimes have to show their commitment in bad times. This is the time."

This is most definitely the time. Sick notes, are you fans or what?

Fans are a by-product of the entertainment on the pitch. Easy to get them back, buy good players that people want to see and get them to play well every game.

Diehard Si

No-one I think is suggesting they are heroes. However, they did try and answer questions as honestly as any people in that sort of environment would. The truth is they cannot win. Whatever they say is treated with dersion and suspicion or they are just called liars or morons. I suspect if you are honest with yourself then there is nothing that they could ever have said to reassure you.

I have said all along we were always going to be relegated. Most teams that have been relegated from the top flight and have not quickly bounced back have fell into this league. We talk as if this is a division not good enough for us. Far bigger clubs have languised here.

As for declining crowds well take them for a while at face value and go in numbers to the ground. 20,000 home fans a week would make a huge difference. Supporters sometimes have to show their commitment in bad times. This is the time.

Sums up my sentiments pretty much.

All of the 'Sky is falling' brigade have been convinced we will be wound up imminently. No one can really say that now. If nothing else it should put to bed those fears

shy_tall_knight

Well the good feeling generated by the suits at the forum - how are we all feeling now talk is cheap, we have been a club in decline but I am alarmed at the acceleration in our decline. Its not 5 years since SISU took us on but does feel like the sky is falling in.

NINOOVCOV

I hate to say this but Coventry city fc have been distroyed, firstly fucking scumbag richardson bled our club dry, then moving to the ricoh. Its only my opinion but you lot are deluded if you think we will ever get back to the prem. Hope im wrong!!! Cannot see Cov ever getting a string off wins together let alone get promoted, no good players want to join Cov...

Users who are viewing this thread