Some of our fans dont have a clue (3 Viewers)

sperrin07

Sat in a different seat for yesterdays game and from minute one when the bloke behind me was calling nouble odelusi i knew i had an idiot behind me. He proceeded to say he would get rid of the lot of our squad and keep willis nouble and stokes. Stokes and willis are so average and nouble for me is lazy, selfish and can't finish. Then he started saying samuel was rubbish and hes glad he went back to reading.

The one that baffled me most was his constant abuse aimed at reda! He was dominant all game and apart from losing his footing and putting it out for a corner he didnt put a foot wrong. He's actually out biggest goal threat aswell as our biggest presence at the back. He did miss a couple of tackles but its his first game back. I know hes always injured but when he plays he changes the whole team. Willis pennington and stokes all looked more gutsy yesterday following redas example.

Funny everytime he won a header or did anything good the bloke was silent, one missed tackle and he was going mental!

skybluebeduff

It's called an opinion, and everyone has their own.

Stokes had a brilliant game yesterday, yet you call him average?

See, difference in opinions.

skybluedan

If we all thought the same we would not have a forum mate, as duff said its all about your own views i hate beans with mash but like them with jacket spuds

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
If we all thought the same we would not have a forum mate, as duff said its all about your own views i hate beans with mash but like them with jacket spuds

Mash is far superior to jacket spud! (just my opinion!) :slap:

Otis

It's called an opinion, and everyone has their own.

Stokes had a brilliant game yesterday, yet you call him average?

See, difference in opinions.

Wouldn't say Stokes was brilliant. He was excellent going forwards, but got skinned a couple of times down his flank in defence.

Much better going forwards yesterday than he was in defending.

stupot07

Wouldn't say Stokes was brilliant. He was excellent going forwards, but got skinned a couple of times down his flank in defence.

Agreed. There were no brilliant performances yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

johnwillomagic

I thought Stokes pushed Reda close for mom yesterday as I have already pointed out I think some have a Vendetta against Stokes seeing some peoples marks.
for me he was certainly one of our better players yesterday.

Grendel

I thought Stokes pushed Reda close for mom yesterday as I have already pointed out I think some have a Vendetta against Stokes seeing some peoples marks.
for me he was certainly one of our better players yesterday.

Stokes played as well as anyone yesterday.

To say he got skinned is silly - he got beaten twice by the forward in 90 minutes.

It's the equivalent of saying a centre half gets skinned if he loses an areal battle or a forward gets behind him. It's impossible not to in 90 minutes.

Whatever anyone says about Stokes he's been a lot better than Haynes. Thank God he's out the squad - we've been carrying him all season.

WillieStanley

To say he got skinned is silly - he got beaten twice by the forward in 90 minutes.

It's the equivalent of saying a centre half gets skinned if he loses an areal battle or a forward gets behind him. It's impossible not to in 90 minutes.

Whatever anyone says about Stokes he's been a lot better than Haynes. Thank God he's out the squad - we've been carrying him all season.

Whatever happened to Haynes. At the beginning of the season he looked like such a bright prospect, right up until, I seem to remember Mr Pressley saying something like "I'm not making any comparisons, but Gareth Bale started in his position".

All went south from there!!

skybluedan

Whatever happened to Haynes. At the beginning of the season he looked like such a bright prospect, right up until, I seem to remember Mr Pressley saying something like "I'm not making any comparisons, but Gareth Bale started in his position".

All went south from there!!

I thought he said Gareth hale.....

johnwillomagic

TBF I do not think Haynes is bad but Stokes is better currently - Haynes still has time on side and is good back up t have - a lot of people went
OTT about him at start of season but he did look good in patches too.

shy_tall_knight

One of Stokes skinnings was down at the corner flag, the colchester playing was stationary but sold stokes a dummy and he was bearing down on the box, it was very poor defending, he doesn't look good enough as a defender and although he set the goal up yesterday he is like Aaron Martin / Webster always got a few errors per game in them that recently have lead to goals. Don't think we should keep him.

Grendel

One of Stokes skinnings was down at the corner flag, the colchester playing was stationary but sold stokes a dummy and he was bearing down on the box, it was very poor defending, he doesn't look good enough as a defender and although he set the goal up yesterday he is like Aaron Martin / Webster always got a few errors per game in them that recently have lead to goals. Don't think we should keep him.

His defending is vastly superior to that of Haynes.

cloughie

I would agree with all you say except the Haynes bit , he is a young lad who should under normal circumstances have been played a few games and left out when he faded

But this sisu run team have to rely on kids to take a mans place

Grendel

I would agree with all you say except the Haynes bit , he is a young lad who should under normal circumstances have been played a few games and left out when he faded

But this sisu run team have to rely on kids to take a mans place

Young players do play regularly at this level - it's the let him off he's one of us mentality that annoys me.

shy_tall_knight

Whether he is better than Haynes who is still a teenager is a separate debate the manner by which he was skinned was alarming, in a game where Colchester offered very little especially in the first half there was limited defending required but he failed and we were lucky not to concede. I don't want stokes, webster or Martin here next season make too many mistakes.

Nick

Administrator
Whether he is better than Haynes who is still a teenager is a separate debate the manner by which he was skinned was alarming, in a game where Colchester offered very little especially in the first half there was limited defending required but he failed and we were lucky not to concede. I don't want stokes, webster or Martin here next season make too many mistakes.
Did you see Johnson get skinned when he had to handball it?

I have always considered that this position, so called "Wing Back" difficult to fulfill because it is in reality 2 jobs, defending and attacking of which Stokes played superbly last Saturday needing boundless stamina and positional awareness.

Surely you can't expect 100% cover both ends of the pitch whilst bombing up and down the flank for 90 minutes.

Even seasoned internationals find this role difficult so I think certain allowances need to be considered before critical judgement can be made.

LB87ccfc

Just like every game he has played then

Users who are viewing this thread