Soc meeting (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Well, lets hope so.

I'm confused. What the hell is this "no alternative" bollocks going on? Have you both been in a coma while Hoffman opened talks?

Does he need to bring the proposal and backers round to your house for a cup of tea and talk things over with you before you'll believe it?

If it's all so fictional where's the SISU statement saying it was a load of shit?

I am genuinely confused by people saying there's no alternative. Bizarre.

For me we have an alternative when we have a proposal from somebody agreed and countersigned by both parties. If that translates in your mind to being in a coma then yes I'm in a coma.

ccfcway

fingers crossed for some gold at the end of the rainbow

i just wanna smile on a saturday evening, as opposed to laugh !!

SkyBlue_Bear83

please don't do say in the name of the majority of supporters - unless of course more than 10,000 come to your meetings!
In defence of SOC here the meetings are open to all CCFC fans are they not? It is an outlet for all fans to express an opinion if they wish to do so.

It doesn't make sense for fans who don't turn up to meetings (when they are invited) to then moan that the opinion of SOC is not a majority opinion of CCFC fans?

Paxman II

trouble with many on here is you are trying to put the cart before the horse. fact remains today that there is no deal that we know of. plenty of rumour and conjecture but unfortunately nothing - yet.

So shooting the current owners who are holding up our club at present, is not appropriate at this time. Had Hoffman made a solid statement that he is negotiating with SISU to buy the club or even invest in the club and SISU were refusing to budge their stance then we would have reason to complain. As it is we know nothing. So at the moment shoot off all you like but presently there is no alternative.

I hope that changes very soon, I hope Hoffman and co or anyone will announce a takeover or investment at our club as I too think SISU are not the right people to be running our football club based on what has happened so far since 2006.

Brighton Sky Blue

trouble with many on here is you are trying to put the cart before the horse. fact remains today that there is no deal that we know of. plenty of rumour and conjecture but unfortunately nothing - yet.

So shooting the current owners who are holding up our club at present, is not appropriate at this time. Had Hoffman made a solid statement that he is negotiating with SISU to buy the club or even invest in the club and SISU were refusing to budge their stance then we would have reason to complain. As it is we know nothing. So at the moment shoot off all you like but presently there is no alternative.

I hope that changes very soon, I hope Hoffman and co or anyone will announce a takeover or investment at our club as I too think SISU are not the right people to be running our football club based on what has happened so far since 2006.

We know that the Hoffmann consortium and SISU are in discussions regarding the ownership of the club-that being confirmed on the club's side. Hoffmann went public with these intentions last August and was criticised for playing out a takeover saga in the media-and this time round the cards are being kept close to his chest, and rightly so. What is fair to assume is that, without an announcement that this takeover bid has been rejected or accepted, that discussions are still ongoing. So yes, there is an alternative, and that the consortium has kept its interest after last summer's debacle is an encouraging sign indeed-but we shall wait and see.

blueflint

we all want the best for our club lets start on the pitch that matters the most right now

Paxman II

...all we know is the CCFC site indicated there had been contact again from Hoffman. There were no other details included.

Nether side has made any indication of any deal, investment, take over talks etc etc...so at the moment there is no alternatives on the table. We have SISU.
Really hope that changes soon.

Steve.B50

I know its hard Gary but try not to bite.
Most of us know how hard you work at trying to save our club and the majority are right next to you.
Its difficult trying to work out what is best but at least your one of the few who stand up and do something, rather than just slag others off.
Keep up the good work.

EleanorRigby

I think SOC are in a way victims of their success, i can hear you now "what success" Well since one little demo v Southampton attended by 2 or 3 hundred we have seen 2 articles in the Telegraph by Tim Fisher explaining the finances, the how's, why's and maybe's, we have seen SISU agree to talks with the Hoffman group, on going i believe.

If SISU had no intention of looking for a get out there would be no talks and plenty of Ken Delieu type statements, but we have an eerie silence from both parties which i think is a good thing, with just a little fillip from Stuart Linnell last week that talks are continuing.

Going back to SOC all these mights and maybes will hamper any future plans and ideas until something definite one way or the other comes out and if that's bye-bye SISU perhaps it will be bye-bye SOC.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

According to a well known local radio broadcaster the Hoffman deal is very near to fruition, be patient. That will disapoint a few on here.

No it won't. You'd merely like to think it would because you can't fathom that there are more than two polemic stances to hold on the matter.

Ccfc1979

There were very positive talks between all parties yesterday. Seems all want to work towards it now.

Astute

Not having a go, but how would you know? Friend of the nephew of the tealady who sat in on the meeting?

Ccfc1979

If I said the tealady's nephew told me or that Hoffman told me would it make a difference? I know what I just said. Nothing heavy, no big news, just all met yesterday and all was positive. Have no clue whether bid was in or was tentative meeting or what but it happened and Hoff side are happier.

Astute

No bid has been made yet. Trying to find middle ground. SISU want cash and run. They know takeover group want to buy now to strengthen or wait til end of season. Takeover group want to do instalments on how well it goes next season or two. Long way to go, not much time to do it in. Game of russian roulette. First one to get the squirts loses

Last edited:

6 Generations

If I said the tealady's nephew told me or that Hoffman told me would it make a difference? I know what I just said. Nothing heavy, no big news, just all met yesterday and all was positive. Have no clue whether bid was in or was tentative meeting or what but it happened and Hoff side are happier.

Let's keep hoping!!

Ccfc1979

Hoffman probably has a rough idea how SISU set up finances before and might even know now, but how long do we think due diligence would take even if a common ground bid was agreed?

Astute

BTW Ethel the tealady does not know anything either. She has a dislike for football but her hubby is a season ticket holder and has been for a lot of years now

EleanorRigby

That has to be SOC's next goal then, try and get others (local business people) to stump up the reddies and pay 2 or3 wages for a month or two to enable Thorn to bring in those players needed. Been done before !

Regardless of todays result we have the Portsmouth situation to cling to, so there's hope yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread